TSN Overdrive (and other Toronto Sports Media) 2018-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Greg Gilbert (craig?) was going on today about how teams must still have Martin, Polak type players.

No, im pretty sure you dont require a heavy to win. A heavy who is a good player would be nice. But a heavy whos just a bad hockey player doesnt win hockey games.

Kidkash85

Sep 24, 2018
I'm selling 4 tickets to the TSN event at the Hockey Hall of Fame tmw evening at cost. Message me if you are interested.

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
Carlos impression of Finnish 'daladaladaladala'... yikes

He hated Aki Berg cause after games on the bus he'd talk loudly.

93WrapAround

Jul 4, 2018
Please, please, please tell me someone heard Carlo's rant on hour 4 about Aki Berg.

I enjoyed it - I believe he subtly (ie. not so subtly) called Aki gay during that rant lol, something tells me he probably got a talking to by the producers/Landsberg after the show..

That being said, I can't help but feel this show has been severely watered down now with the creation of First Up. It's beyond cringe-worthy how much the show now centers around having a former beloved Leaf on the show and many references Landsberg makes to his obvious knowledge of the game and worse the What's Up Woodbridge segments where fans call in with a 20 min circle-**rk around Carlo and all the awkwardness that it brings with it. I'm continually finding myself flipping to Fan 590 or Talk 640 on my morning commute b/c the show is now intolerable at times. Def preferred when Cauz was on the show, and even with Carlo too, but this new format/show has just completely missed for me - and this is considering I love Carlo as a new sports radio personality, it's just the fit here with Landsberg is horrid at times.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
I enjoyed it - I believe he subtly (ie. not so subtly) called Aki gay during that rant lol, something tells me he probably got a talking to by the producers/Landsberg after the show..

That being said, I can't help but feel this show has been severely watered down now with the creation of First Up. It's beyond cringe-worthy how much the show now centers around having a former beloved Leaf on the show and many references Landsberg makes to his obvious knowledge of the game and worse the What's Up Woodbridge segments where fans call in with a 20 min circle-**rk around Carlo and all the awkwardness that it brings with it. I'm continually finding myself flipping to Fan 590 or Talk 640 on my morning commute b/c the show is now intolerable at times. Def preferred when Cauz was on the show, and even with Carlo too, but this new format/show has just completely missed for me - and this is considering I love Carlo as a new sports radio personality, it's just the fit here with Landsberg is horrid at times.

Yeah, I liked him at first, but it's been downhill since. He's all bubbley and over-excited but doesn't really have much of anything to say about anything.

And I get it guys... Carlo is Italian. I'm not sure why that fact deserves so much air time.

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
Yeah, I liked him at first, but it's been downhill since. He's all bubbley and over-excited but doesn't really have much of anything to say about anything.

And I get it guys... Carlo is Italian. I'm not sure why that fact deserves so much air time.
Yeah enough of the Woodbridge stuff. Hey Carlo! I met your brother once and. . Blah blah who cares?

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Not really related to this, but man is Carlo excited about his new, job every time I tune into tsn he’s on it, his morning show or calling into leafs lunch or calling into Scotty mac. But he is going hard early on the phone ins
In general no matter the show on TSN1050 they always have the same people like McKenzie, LeBrun, Dreger, Ferraro and etc calling into or coming in the studio.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto

Everyone doesn’t fit with landsberg and what point does landsberg not be on the show anymore?

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
In general no matter the show on TSN1050 they always have the same people like McKenzie, LeBrun, Dreger, Ferraro and etc calling into or coming in the studio.

Right 3 insiders and a great analyst how does Carlo fit in here?

Carlo is essentially a odog radio personality how many call ins does the odog do?

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011

All he said was “his wife or boyfriend, whoever it was”. Don’t think that was a hint at anything. Also yuck, I tuned into overdrive earlier for Hayes, O’Neill and Noodles and got some random host with Steve Simmons lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad