TSN Overdrive (and other Toronto Sports Media) 2018-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
This thread seems to be off the rails with nothing but anti-media / "fake news" dismissive comments.

No one is safe:

LeBrun sucks
Kyper sucks
Dreger sucks
Johnson sucks
Mackenzie sucks too!

No one has an original thought, no one has sources, no one has experience, etc.

Everyone is bad at coaching, bad at playing in the NHL, bad at reporting news items related to hockey, etc.

When will it end?

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Yeah, I don't understand why Ferraro took it so far. Yes, Hayes's comments were kind of silly, but they did not warrant such an aggressive response.

On a sidenote, O'Dog is slowly transforming into Drew Carey.
yep today's Drew Carey, not the funny one from 25 years ago

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
To be fair you don't actually get taxed 53.53% its a bracketed system

this is how income earned is taxed after all deductions have been applied:

• 15% on the first $46,605 of taxable income, +
  • 20.5% on the next $46,603 of taxable income (on the portion of taxable income over 46,605 up to $93,208), +
  • 26% on the next $51,281 of taxable income (on the portion of taxable income over $93,208 up to $144,489), +
  • 29% on the next $61,353 of taxable income (on the portion of taxable income over 144,489 up to $205,842), +
  • 33% of taxable income over $205,842
So federally you pay tax on each portion of income differently if you make $100,000 you dont pay 26% i tax, rather you pay 15% on the first $46,605, 20.5% on the next $46,603 and 26% on the last $6,792 for a total tax bill of 15% x 46,605 + 20.5% x 46,603 + 26% x 6,792 = $18,310 or just about 18.3% federal tax on $100,000 earned

* NOTE: these are just the federal brackets we also have to pay a provincial tax on the same bracketed system with different rates

exactly how it works, if it's personal income, however John Tavares doesn't get 11m in personal income per year, his corporation get's that, and his corporation pays him, his agent and any other people who may be on the payroll.

Reactions: WillNy29

WillNy29

Jun 20, 2018
exactly how it works, if it's personal income, however John Tavares doesn't get 11m in personal income per year, his corporation get's that, and his corporation pays him, his agent and any other people who may be on the payroll.
Yeah the tax rate is even lower for corporations and if he pays himself in dividends he skirts the personal income tax with a dividend tax credit, these guys have tons of ways to save on taxes.

Reactions: therealkoho

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Yeah the tax rate is even lower for corporations and if he pays himself in dividends he skirts the personal income tax with a dividend tax credit, these guys have tons of ways to save on taxes.

exactly, and this is why the no state tax in florida argument is bereft of any sense

my son is in process of getting his CPA

Reactions: Trawna Phan

Eat The Rich

Jun 17, 2017
Am I missing something here but Gord seemed adamant that Karlsson as a mid season rental the price would start at Nylander and our 1st....That is more then San Jose gave up for him at the beginning of the season. Where do they come up with the logic for this kind of stuff?

So that in 2 months when he's peddled off for a 2nd and a mid-grade prospect everyone can act shocked and create news stories about how his value is declining.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
This thread seems to be off the rails with nothing but anti-media / "fake news" dismissive comments.

No one is safe:

LeBrun sucks
Kyper sucks
Dreger sucks
Johnson sucks
Mackenzie sucks too!

Everyone is bad at coaching, bad at playing in the NHL, bad at reporting news items related to hockey, etc.

When will it end?

Daren Millard’s new podcast , The Chirp with Daren “The Chimp” (I wanted to be first to call him that) Mallard came out yesterday .....

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Am I missing something here but Gord seemed adamant that Karlsson as a mid season rental the price would start at Nylander and our 1st....That is more then San Jose gave up for him at the beginning of the season. Where do they come up with the logic for this kind of stuff?

The only thing I can think of is that the Leafs would somehow need to help balance out the value of San Jose losing their first by trading Erik to an Eastern Conference team.

Nylander + a 1st would still be far too much.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Everything costs more when it involves Toronto.

Look at the media saying Marner is going to get 10+m yet I bet they wouldnt claim the same for Rantanen who outproduced Marner last year and is leading the NHL in scoring this year.

Reactions: AreBe

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
which meant jack

TSN and Dreger were smart enough to use that as an angle to give Dreg cred, which we all know to this day is horsepuckey

truth is they're second cousins by marriage and didn't know each other growing up

right, which was my point. that if (IF) he ever really did have info that was the only reason

the squared circle

Aug 3, 2005
Maple Leaf Gardens
AreBe, this morning at 1030 I put on tsn1050 and they were talking basketball. Immediately changed to the Fan, and they were also talking basketball. I was disappointed that they weren't talking about the Leafs and Bolts tonight. So i put on Sirius and listened to 80s on 8 instead.
So yes, there is basketball coverage once in a while.

Reactions: Trawna Phan

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009

No one is safe:

LeBrun sucks
Kyper sucks
Dreger sucks
Johnson sucks
Mackenzie sucks too!

When will it end?

Um, your in this thread as well. Please provide one of those original thoughts you refer to.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Um, your in this thread as well. Please provide one of those original thoughts you refer to.

The point is that some of this thread feeds those hf boarders who distrust all the media sources out there. If it's not that then it's fodder for "I hate ______".

AreBe

This is the Real Are Be and not a Burner account!
Apr 1, 2013
Nah it’s not just you. Thats HFShakespeare apparently.
Is it better to rhyme or is a crime? I do it for fun, if That is the question
I listen to sports radio for information and entertainment and they cover the Leafs fastidiously
Stupid comments to fill dead air caused by Leafs saturation
But I get insatiable demand and need to keep listeners is something radio stations take seriously

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki

I think a good portion of the time these guys throw stuff out there without thinking it through first, some of the stuff said I wouldn't expect out of the more extreme hfboards users honestly

someone on overdrive thought there were 52 states.
Oh, Jeff..

Funny guy, but after the quiz stuff I don't expect a ton of good intelligent general knowledge out of him

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
That Mathew Barzal, hes a hell of a player. That Steen, hes a hell of a player.

Is that the only way Noodles can describe a player?

Finnish your Czech

J'aime Les offres hostiles
Nov 25, 2009
Toronto
Did they forget that SJ has to give up a first if Karlsson plays on an Eastern Conference team this season?

Griffin76

May 17, 2014
Nova Scotia
You know what really grinds my gears? The constant use of the phrase "to your point". I watch the second hour of Leafs Lunch whenever it's on TV. I don't think that since Andi P took over there has been one show where somebody hasn't used it. From Andi, Gord, McKenzie...on and on, it just doesn't stop. One person can make a statement and the next person has to say said phrase even though they are speaking directly to the first person. It's way too overused. And Kypreos is the absolute worst. I think he used it 4 times one night in one segment on HNIC. Just stop it.

And that's what really grinds my gears.

Reactions: OddyOh and AreBe
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad