TSN Overdrive (and other Toronto Sports Media) 2018-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
I wish Overdrive was 3 hours of Leafs only talk. I don't like basketball and don't want to hear about it.

Especially considering Noodles isn't into other sports but has had to take a crash course in them. I much preferred their earlier time slot when it was just hockey and shenanigans.

Mckay

I find your lack of gravy disturbing.
Mar 5, 2014
Canada
I don't think they could have 3 hours of Leafs content without beating non-issues to death all the time. There isn't that much to talk about every day.

I was being a bit hyperbolic. Just wanted to have complete opposite opinion from that basketball guy.

AreBe

This is the Real Are Be and not a Burner account!
Apr 1, 2013
Now Ennis had broken his ankle "The old horse has been whipped to death, long live the new horse!"
Leafs Time, Leafs Street, Leafs Now! Leafs Space and Leafs Today will have new areas of discussion
One person's "6 to 8 weeks" recovery time is another's "month and half or so" but these discussions will seem like forever, of course
Surely the horizons of sports talk radio can be expanded to just talking about hockey players, Canadian or Russian!

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Now Ennis had broken his ankle "The old horse has been whipped to death, long live the new horse!"
Leafs Time, Leafs Street, Leafs Now! Leafs Space and Leafs Today will have new areas of discussion
One person's "6 to 8 weeks" recovery time is another's "month and half or so" but these discussions will seem like forever, of course
Surely the horizons of sports talk radio can be expanded to just talking about hockey players, Canadian or Russian!
You ok?

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
as a basketball fan, i agree with you. 98% of the media folk in Toronto don't have a clue about the sport - their takes are so bad that I just turn it off

As a guy who isn’t a big basketball fan, I wouldn’t have a single issue with them talking basketball if they knew what they were talking about, but it’s embarrassing listening to noodles try and talk about basketball (or any non hockey sport) it’s just terrible

Reactions: TheTotalPackage

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I think it is tough to be a producer of a sports radio show in this city
We have Kawhi freaking Leonard - the biggest sports star by far since Toronto's World series fame
And their bosses demand instant gratification for the insatiable demand for the Leafs! How S*itty!
Reduces sports radio journalists- who may be quite clever - to a bunch of fan boy Leafs fart catchers, it's all the same!

I recently read ( Simmons, I think) that The Saskatchewan Roughrides outdraw the Raptors games on TSN.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
I recently read ( Simmons, I think) that The Saskatchewan Roughrides outdraw the Raptors games on TSN.

Obviously that would only be in Saskatchewan. There is 0 chance they do well in Toronto or anywhere outside that province. It’s their only professional sports team of course they are crazy for it

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Toronto media needs to stop the fear-mongering "Offersheet" b.s. It is getting laughable.

I cant wait for when some idiot mentions offersheet in the post draft interview. Hell, why even wait for him to be drafted?

"TSN presents the 10 kids in the range of the Leafs projected draft position in 2021 who might be offersheeted after their ELC"

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
I cant wait for when some idiot mentions offersheet in the post draft interview. Hell, why even wait for him to be drafted?

"TSN presents the 10 kids in the range of the Leafs projected draft position in 2021 who might be offersheeted after their ELC"

Tsn countdown presents:

“the 10 best babies born today who might get offer sheeted in 18 years”

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Tsn countdown presents:

“the 10 best babies born today who might get offer sheeted in 18 years”

You need to work in the Leafs. Afterall, we're the only team that apparently has to worry about it, despite being the team with literally the most assets to counter it.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Obviously that would only be in Saskatchewan. There is 0 chance they do well in Toronto or anywhere outside that province. It’s their only professional sports team of course they are crazy for it

Simmons said the Raptors had their largest viewership of the year at 580k viewers. The Roughriders average 700k viewrs.
I would guess there are very few watching basketball outside the GTA.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Toronto media needs to stop the fear-mongering "Offersheet" b.s. It is getting laughable.

The solution to that is Dubas signing Matthews and Marner to new contracts prior to them becoming RFAs.

Still lots of time on the clock before we reach that pressure point.

Offersheet leverage will drive up the cost of AM and MM however, that point would be hard to dispute as it applies to Leafs pending RFAs.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
The solution to that is Dubas signing Matthews and Marner to new contracts prior to them becoming RFAs.

Still lots of time on the clock before we reach that pressure point.

Offersheet leverage will drive up the cost of AM and MM however, that point would be hard to dispute as it applies to Leafs pending RFAs.

Notice though jo other teams' RFAs are even discussed? And that includes the current NHL scoring leader. Mitch's dad, Paul actually commented on that last week.

They are simply using this to try to get more attention. It is cheap.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
It’s a unique year because there are about 10 highly skilled unsigned RFAs. Of course they are talk about them. Low hanging fruit.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
It’s a unique year because there are about 10 highly skilled unsigned RFAs. Of course they are talk about them. Low hanging fruit.

But they actually don't talk about all the RFAs. Only 2. That is my point.
In fact, Toronto Star had an article recently stating Johnsson and Kapanen might get offersheets.
It's getting ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->