TSN Overdrive (and other Toronto Sports Media) 2018-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
They said Sale/Pelletier won it before. I am fine with Kingsbury winning it and I would have been fine with Virtue/Moir winning it as well but I think Kingsbury deserved it more because he has been winning a ton.

that's what i thought. lol.
but it was ages ago so i wasn't sure.

and for sure. me too. (re: Kingsbury)
it just burns my cookies that we always have this argument. media ignores all the am. athletes and claims people don't care (not so). then they get pissed when they win once every four years because reasons. like. geeze.

AreBe

This is the Real Are Be and not a Burner account!
Apr 1, 2013
that's what i thought. lol.
but it was ages ago so i wasn't sure.

and for sure. me too. (re: Kingsbury)
it just burns my cookies that we always have this argument. media ignores all the am. athletes and claims people don't care (not so). then they get pissed when they win once every four years because reasons. like. geeze.
Amateur or pro : who is to know?
Not just Canadian Conn Smyth winner if you please
Fun in the sun or toe in the snow
Enough with all hockey it makes me sneeze!

AreBe

This is the Real Are Be and not a Burner account!
Apr 1, 2013
Like....you know this is a hockey forum, right?
Leafs are the best, they are my hockey team!
You can be a fan of all sports, and want the Lou Marsh not just be for NHL hockey and that is not a slight
We are blessed that practically every night there is a Toronto game to watch, or at least to me it seam
Leafs! Raptors! Blue Jays! Let's rejoice and take delight

Punch Drunk Loov

Gaaaaary Roberts!
Dec 6, 2011
Okay, I can't stand Landsberg/Carlo so I listen to 590 in the morning. Anybody else hear the two girls at 9? Painful. Fortunately I was almost at the office.

I like the show when they're actually talking about hockey. Not a fan when it's anything else or plugging 5 Hour Energy.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Okay, I can't stand Landsberg/Carlo so I listen to 590 in the morning. Anybody else hear the two girls at 9? Painful. Fortunately I was almost at the office.

Im pretty sure the younger one is on like 7 days a week. I definitely heard her Saturday hosting. I think shes an intern? Whats happened to Blair?

Big Cactus

Gud Pro
Apr 9, 2018
Toronto
Andi Petrillo said she would protect Frederik Andersen second in an expansion draft. That’s a good example of the knowledge of our media talent. I don’t even hate her but god damn what an awful take.

Reactions: DoobieDubas

DoobieDubas

Legalize Hitting Again
Jul 15, 2018
Toronto
Andi Petrillo said she would protect Frederik Andersen second in an expansion draft. That’s a good example of the knowledge of our media talent. I don’t even hate her but god damn what an awful take.
Well she wasnt given the job for being an ex pro lol

Agreed though its pretty pathetic our media people besides bob mackenzie IMO.

DoobieDubas

Legalize Hitting Again
Jul 15, 2018
Toronto
Jeff Marek and Chris Johnston are excellent too on Sportsnet. Marek doesnt shine hosting on TV, its in his podcasts where he really comes through.
Honestly I think jeff marek is my least favourite out of everyone. His voice is cringe worthy and he doesn't really add anything that hasnt already been said 1000000 times. Chris Johnston is a nice guy but really doesnt know anything either.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Honestly I think jeff marek is my least favourite out of everyone. His voice is cringe worthy and he doesn't really add anything that hasnt already been said 1000000 times. Chris Johnston is a nice guy but really doesnt know anything either.

Disagree on both. But Ive listened to them far more on podcasts then on TV.

Finnish your Czech

J'aime Les offres hostiles
Nov 25, 2009
Toronto
You can be a fan of all sports, and want the Lou Marsh not just be for NHL hockey and that is not a slight
We are blessed that practically every night there is a Toronto game to watch, or at least to me it seam
Simmons is a journalist and who's opinions are taken seriously, and are not a Toy
Kingsbury wins, he's the King of the Hill
and certainly not some chain smoking kid from Sudbury
2 full minutes on 1050 without talking Leafs- where are we going to get our fill?
Tipping my hat to Amanda McKittrick Ros, time for stir fry dinner with sauce of soy!

Amanda McKittrick Ros - Wikipedia

I get what you are saying
I get your song
And money has to come in to pay the bills and on the AM dial there's no Top 40 to be playing
People change the station as they are looking for something specifically useful - and hey there's my bong!

Amateur or pro : who is to know?
Not just Canadian Conn Smyth winner if you please
Fun in the sun or toe in the snow
Enough with all hockey it makes me sneeze!

Maybe I haven't smoked enough today, but I literally don't understand anything you ever post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad