TSN Overdrive (and other Toronto Sports Media) 2018-19 (v2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

garce

Mar 20, 2010
Too close to Ottawa and Montreal
I wonder how far their ratings dropped after she got the job?

I saw Mike Johnson was on yesterday so I decided to give it a try after weeks away. By quarter past twelve Andi, Button and Johnson had talked about nothing but her. Mindless stroking of her ego. Turned it off never to return as long as she is host.
I cannot understand how she is allowed to carry on like this. As a 60ish male I know I’m not a demographic they care about but I can’t imagine what section of Leaf fan base enjoys this awful excuse for a hockey talk show.

Deebo

Jan 28, 2005
Toronto
echoing the above defence of Noodles - I've learned the majority of this board is just insanely sensitive and insecure. if every announcer or radio guy isn't a loud and blatant Leafs homer they get their panties in a knot. Noodles infuses some objectivity into a largely Leafs homer radio team, and anyone that isn't so sensitive or buuthurt every time players or teams outside the city are recognized and maybe even thought of as better, shouldn't really have much of an issue with Noodles save for his penchant for loving to hear himself babble.

What a bunch of crap.

There are plenty of non-leaf homers that are popular.

Reactions: leospaceman3434

rielledup

Sep 17, 2015
Today on Overdrive, the self-proclaimed neutral Jamie Dumbass McLennan stated that Aho (82 points this season) would be on his Hart ballot.

Marner has 92 points. Can you imagine the heart attack this weasel would have had if Hayes or Odog suggested Marner should be on the Hart ballot?

Can we start a petition to maybe send Noodles out West to one of the Calgary/Edmonton stations?

A few days ago they had a discussion about how many true superstars there are in the NHL and they said Jack Eichel is not a superstar, yet they were gushing about Aho saying he is a legit superstar even though Aho and Eichel have almost the exact same points per game and Eichel is on a much worse team. Hayes also claimed that Drouin has had an exceptional year. It's like they don't even pay attention to stats at all.

Reactions: leospaceman3434

mapleleaf979

Jan 14, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Dutchy? He's ok.

No actually, Dutchy is cringe worthy. He think's he is funny and he thinks he is cool with his remarks....in reality its very awkward and creates tension. Dutchy would randomly walk up to a bunch of 20 yr olds at a camp fire, sit down and think in his own mind how interesting everyone else must find him when the opposite is true.

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
I saw Mike Johnson was on yesterday so I decided to give it a try after weeks away. By quarter past twelve Andi, Button and Johnson had talked about nothing but her. Mindless stroking of her ego. Turned it off never to return as long as she is host.
I cannot understand how she is allowed to carry on like this. As a 60ish male I know I’m not a demographic they care about but I can’t imagine what section of Leaf fan base enjoys this awful excuse for a hockey talk show.

I don't think they're stroking her ego, I think they like to tease her. I am in the minority on this board but I like her and Noodles.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009

It sucks that Rogers has a monopoly on all playoff hockey in Canada. While we’d still be stuck with Hughson and Simpson I’m sure, none of Sportsnet’s guys come close to the Cuthbert/Miller and Ferraro duo TSN employs.

to be fair, because they chose TSN.
Rogers offered almost all of them MAJOR money to move and they all said no.

garce

Mar 20, 2010
Too close to Ottawa and Montreal
I don't think they're stroking her ego, I think they like to tease her. I am in the minority on this board but I like her and Noodles.

To each their own, it’s not for me. There is a inordinately large amount of time spent talking about Andis personal life and personality itself. I don’t find her to be that interesting of a individual. I tune in to hear Leaf and general hockey talk. Not Andis living situation, wardrobe choices, workout regimen, ethnic background, extended family etc etc etc. The only time I enjoyed it was when the prickly O’Sullivan would openly get tired of her me me antics. Cost him his radio spot but I at least enjoyed his honesty and integrity.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario

Good post...Hopefully something changes soon. 590 might be my new gig.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
To each their own, it’s not for me. There is a inordinately large amount of time spent talking about Andis personal life and personality itself. I don’t find her to be that interesting of a individual. I tune in to hear Leaf and general hockey talk. Not Andis living situation, wardrobe choices, workout regimen, ethnic background, extended family etc etc etc. The only time I enjoyed it was when the prickly O’Sullivan would openly get tired of her me me antics. Cost him his radio spot but I at least enjoyed his honesty and integrity.

Reminds me of Peter Mansbridge. He's great at reading news copy from a monitor to a television camera but he's dull as dish water as a radio guest because he just isn't an interesting person. It's the fault of the producers. Don't expect the people who choose to be on television/radio to be self-critical about their own weaknesses.

killer1980

Sep 15, 2014
Kirkland Lake
It sucks that Rogers has a monopoly on all playoff hockey in Canada. While we’d still be stuck with Hughson and Simpson I’m sure, none of Sportsnet’s guys come close to the Cuthbert/Miller and Ferraro duo TSN employs.

The one saving grace is that Montreal didn't make it. That will hurt Rogers bottom line, at least in English speaking Quebec. They haven't been able to recover from the Strombo era. They thought that when Strombo was gone things would improve. Unfortunately it goes a lot deeper than that. Everyone is now learning the importance of good guys running the show. I think the Leafs are becoming painfully aware of learning that lesson, as well.

Btw, what was with Grapes trying to talk about the kid from Humboldt who donated his organs? That was painful to watch.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017

I hope Miller or Cuthbert gets the Leafs Bruins series on NBC. Either way it’ll be light years better than CBC.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
How Stellick still has a job connected to hockey is beyond comprehension.

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Jeff is somehow a Leaf homer yet he always finds a way to never ever pick the Leafs in any predictions he makes at any point lol.

it's because he's schmuck who can't get freebies and recognition like the other leaf alum in this town; he's a nobody now that he's no longer playing, but is still trying to stay relevant

dangomon

Nov 4, 2017
Kingston, ON
Odog has the Bruins in 5.... Toronto media is giving way too much love to Boston
He has the Bruins in 4, he was just too scared to say it. He basically took a poop on the Leafs, and refused to talk while the others countered with positives for the Leafs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad