TSN Overdrive (and other Toronto Sports Media) 2018-19 (v2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthews34

Oct 9, 2009
Uxbridge
There should be homers in the Toronto media. There is in every market. There's an odd feeling there should not be here for some reason.

It's because the rest of Canada has made Toronto citizens feel guilty about saying anything positive about their city due to the rest of Canadian having an inferiority complex. Over protecting the minority is a Canadian way of life even if that's done through disparaging the majority.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
It's because the rest of Canada has made Toronto citizens feel guilty about saying anything positive about their city due to the rest of Canadian having an inferiority complex.
I agree with this.
Litterally everyone in the media seems scared to give the Leafs any compliment whatsoever.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
It's because the rest of Canada has made Toronto citizens feel guilty about saying anything positive about their city due to the rest of Canadian having an inferiority complex. Over protecting the minority is a Canadian way of life even if that's done through disparaging the majority.
It's like I said before how Elliotte Friedman once mentioned that he needed to apologize to other fans across Canada for writing something positive about the Maple Leafs.

Reactions: Walshy7

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
It's like I said before how Elliotte Friedman once mentioned that he needed to apologize to other fans across Canada for writing something positive about the Maple Leafs.
I also remember listening to one of the 31 thoughts podcast and they saved the Leafs news till the very end and said in the podcast they did it so that listeners could stop listening now if they did not want to hear about the Leafs.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto

This. It really is pathetic. They go out of their way to not talk positive about the leafs. Yet the simpleton masses outside Toronto still think they are too bias in favour of Toronto.

There are many posters on other Canadian team forums that beleive hughson is a massive leaf homer, no shit I’ve seen it.

It’s in all walks of Canadian life too. Toronto gets money for the subways or something to help the biggest city run, the rest of Canada complain.

Reactions: LeafsNation75

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Best story ever is about this, back in 2005 when they had that infamous Crosby draft. Sportsnet held a mock draft on it the week leading-up tp it. Out of all the teams, Toronto won it. They got so much hate and complaints it was fixed Sportsnet did it a second time so that the Leafs did not win it. I found that unbelievable. They got so much hate they had to re-do the segment it to satisfy the Leaf-haters. LOL. And the guy doing it basically hinted they did it because of complaints of the outcome.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
This. It really is pathetic. They go out of their way to not talk positive about the leafs. Yet the simpleton masses outside Toronto still think they are too bias in favour of Toronto.

There are many posters on other Canadian team forums that beleive hughson is a massive leaf homer, no **** I’ve seen it.

It’s in all walks of Canadian life too. Toronto gets money for the subways or something to help the biggest city run, the rest of Canada complain.
I've seen that as well. There is this weird pre-conceived notion that anyone who works for HNIC is born in Toronto and a massive Leaf fan. I had a guy recently tell me Gord Miller was a big Leafs fan because of a single thing he said that was positive towards the Leafs. I told him Miller was from Alberta and a massive OIlers fan. He seemed very surprised.

Jim Hughson hosted a retirement ceremony for Naslund's # which I thought was a little inappropriate (This was after he became national announcer). If Bob Cole did that people would go crazy

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Jim Hughson hosted a retirement ceremony for Naslund's # which I thought was a little inappropriate (This was after he became national announcer). If Bob Cole did that people would go crazy
Don't you mean the retirement ceremony for Pavel Bure? On the night it happened Toronto was playing Vancouver which was on Hockey Night In Canada and it was Hughson who was hosting the ceremony.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario

There are many posters on other Canadian team forums that beleive hughson is a massive leaf homer, no **** I’ve seen it.

Jim Hughsom being a massive Leafs homer, wow I don't know what to say about that. Did they not see how he couldn't talk for like 30 seconds this past Saturday after Tavares scored in overtime, compared to how happy he was when the Rangers defeated them the next night.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Don't you mean the retirement ceremony for Pavel Bure? On the night it happened Toronto was playing Vancouver which was on Hockey Night In Canada and it was Hughson who was hosting the ceremony.
That may have been it. I thought it was Naslund.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
Jim Hughson is pretty neutral to me, praises the leafs and trashes the leafs, and does that with every team, he is my fav play by play guy.

Reactions: MsMeow

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
It was for the Pavel Bure jersey retirement because I still remember thinking to myself how the hell can they allow Hughson to be the ceremony and later on broadcast the game.

It was odd. And in fact it brought me back to a Bob Cole criticism from years earlier. Leafs many years ago did a celebration of every Canadian province where they picked-out current and ex-players to represent each province. Of course when it comes to NewFoundland, there was slim-pickings, so Bob Cole came out during the pre-game ceremony to wave as the rep for NL. Non-leaf fans went crazy and claimed this was so biased and inapropriate having Cole a part of a Leafs ceremony. And then years later I see Hughson hosting a retirement ceremony for the Canucks.

93WrapAround

Jul 4, 2018
I don't know whether this forum is indicative of our whole fanbase, but if it is, it's entirely too sensitive. So many complaints about Toronto personalities that aren't diehard Leafs fans or Leafs fans period, like it's not that serious. Why anyone would want constant a**-kissing 24/7 from the media or biased viewpoints all day is also beyond me. Some of you guys get so easily offended or emotional with any anti-Leafs takes...just breathe fellas. Doesn't change the reality of things - just various opinions.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth

People think Hughson is a Leafs fan. People also thought Cole was a Leafs fan. One is a huge Canucks homer and other has openly stated many times that hes a Habs fan. What's next, Gord Miller is a Leafs fan too? The "bubble" you have to live in to believe this stuff is crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad