TSN Overdrive (and other Toronto Sports Media) 2018-19 (v2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
odog has massive regret not going on the trip to the Mediterranean on Sundin's yacht (rented yacht I think), because he was too scared to fly.

Can't fault the guy, flying is pretty scary. Last time I said I would get better with it but then we had some "good" turbulence, plane was going up and down a bit. I thought I was going to die lol.

Then Carlo Colaiacovo said that when he was flying last week the plane went side ways....is it too much to ask for a parachute with my ticket? Lol.

Reactions: Kiwi and Walshy7

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
odog has massive regret not going on the trip to the Mediterranean on Sundin's yacht (rented yacht I think), because he was too scared to fly.

I know he has stated how, although I can't remember it right now, but it's pretty remarkable that he was able to maintain a 10+ year career where flying is imperative and he is scared witless about it.

Good ol' Mats. A lot of fans thought he didn't have the capabilities or was a bad leader, but every single player that played with him has had nothing but rave reviews about him as a person and captain. The Leafs have some really special players right now, but Mats will always be my favourite Leaf.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
I know he has stated how, although I can't remember it right now, but it's pretty remarkable that he was able to maintain a 10+ year career where flying is imperative and he is scared witless about it.

Good ol' Mats. A lot of fans thought he didn't have the capabilities or was a bad leader, but every single player that played with him has had nothing but rave reviews about him as a person and captain. The Leafs have some really special players right now, but Mats will always be my favourite Leaf.

It probably ended his career early. He likely could have played a couple more years

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
It probably ended his career early. He likely could have played a couple more years

Yeah. And I want to say his brother's death had a factor in that too (apologies if I misinterpreted that).

Still crazy to think you lived your career for that long with this immense anxiety overcoming you.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Can't fault the guy, flying is pretty scary. Last time I said I would get better with it but then we had some "good" turbulence, plane was going up and down a bit. I thought I was going to die lol.

Then Carlo Colaiacovo said that when he was flying last week the plane went side ways....is it too much to ask for a parachute with my ticket? Lol.

yeah sometimes can get pretty nerve racking. Im not allowed to be scared and not fly, my parents already think I abandoned them by moving to Canada if I turn around and say im too scared to fly theyd be so mad haha

Reactions: Kiwi and WTFMAN99

BorntoLose

Nov 4, 2014
Mats sounds like such a calm cool dude can see some of the same traits in Willy must be Swede thing

93WrapAround

Jul 4, 2018

Mine too. I was so livid at our fanbase when they turned on him for not wanting to lift his no trade clause at the deadline in his last year. This is the problem with our fanbase and fans in general, they NEVER care what the athlete wants and it's always about them and their needs. This guy gave his heart and soul to this franchise for how many years, a warrior who played through injuries nasty gashes to his face, never any drama - always calm cool and collected even though he had a million reasons to complain and hate this franchise (namely the poop they had him play with for so many years), and yet the fans turn on him the second he wants to remain a Leaf and because he believes in finishing what he started and not just hopping on a new team end of year and sort of riding the coattails to success. It was despicable and a selfish expectation of him to do something he didn't want to do simply so we could get an extra pick or prospect lotto ticket. /rant

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015

He already spoke about the time he tried to make a comeback and ended up bailing on the team during the exhibition season. O was/is a lazy **** which is obvious to anyone that listens to the show :laugh: He could have taken tranquilizers if his anxieties flared up. There are always ways around that.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
He already spoke about the time he tried to make a comeback and ended up bailing on the team during the exhibition season. O was/is a lazy **** which is obvious to anyone that listens to the show :laugh: He could have taken tranquilizers if his anxieties flared up. There are always ways around that.

I bet he took beta blockers

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
After watching that CBC special, Paul Marner seems horrendous. Putting kids through that, at that age...awful. I'm sure the other children hated him as well.

Pushing his son to be the best he can be? Please,,,, lay off the soy lattes.

That horrendous person just made Mitch and his future lineage financially protected for generations.

forecheck

May 14, 2007
Pushing his son to be the best he can be? Please,,,, lay off the soy lattes.

That horrendous person just made Mitch and his future lineage financially protected for generations.

The cream will rise to the top ... The parents just need to support and encourage .

Last edited:
Reactions: MsMeow

BM14

Dec 7, 2012
GTA
The cream will rise to the top ... The parents just need to support and encourage .
OOg0Z6f.gif

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Once again Oilers radio astounds me. These guys never see any move the Oilers make as bad and as soon as the coach or GM is fired turn heal and crap all over them.

Yes Chiarelli was a bad GM but 6 weeks ago you were applauding these trades and moves.

Its embarrassing.

Management and ownerships shills of the highest order.
I never get this myth that exists that the Toronto media are big homers of the Leafs. It's a joke in other cities compared to them.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
The only person in the Toronto media who at least admits to still being a Leafs fan and does not hide it is Jeff O'Neil.

It's weird that you can feel there's this giant hesitation to even compliment the Leafs when I listen to guys on tv or the radio.
Even John Tavares, guys the week leading-up to him signing with the Leafs would not even mention the Leafs as a possibility.

Reactions: LeafsNation75

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
It's weird that you can feel there's this giant hesitation to even compliment the Leafs when I listen to guys on tv or the radio.
Even John Tavares, guys the week leading-up to him signing with the Leafs would not even mention the Leafs as a possibility.
I remember sometime after Matthews 4 goal debut Elliotte Friedman was on the Fan590 and once said he had to apologize in a weird way if he writes anything positive about the Leafs, because according to him it made fans angry in other Canadian cities.

Now prior to Tavares signing there was a lot of Leafs who didn't think he would play in Toronto and myself was included. I thought if he was leaving the Islanders it would have been for San Jose. My feeling was if he had not re-signed with the Islanders before July 1 he was leaving them. Once it became official that Tyler Bozak was going to the Blues I said to myself Tavares is going to the Leafs, because who was going to replace him?

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Noodles just has to argue everything about the Leafs...

Dude cannot believe that the crowd was close to 50/50 at the habs leafs game. He is just in disbelief.

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto

Those weren't fans. Those were idiots.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Theres a reason Mats was the Captain of the Leafs and the Swedish national team over Lidstrom, Forsberg etc. Hes the best.
It was never even up for question. When we Swedes talk about leadership, it comes with an obligatory mention of Sundin. Lidström was the one who didn't get the appreciation he deserved here, to the point that he was often forgotten when we discussed our best players in the NHL. It was very odd.

Reactions: al secord

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
It was never even up for question. When we Swedes talk about leadership, it comes with an obligatory mention of Sundin. Lidström was the one who didn't get the appreciation he deserved here, to the point that he was often forgotten when we discussed our best players in the NHL. It was very odd.

That is really odd. Do you have any idea why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad