TSN 690 & Other Montreal sports media Thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pickles

Apr 25, 2017
In the jar'o
If he is, he should come out. I'm sure he'd be fun to interact with, unlike others.
I've had conversations with him on twitter. He seems like a cool guy. Unlike Todd he responds to his critics instead of blocking them. Todd blocked me and to this day I have no idea why :laugh:.

Reactions: groovejuice

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
He was his father in law. Right ?

Close. His mother in law had a long romantic involvement with him, he was sort of a stepfather to her. He has spoken some about him before.

Has to be weird to have been connected to someone like that.

Jul 6, 2016
Close. His mother in law had a long romantic involvement with him, he was sort of a stepfather to her. He has spoken some about him before.

Has to be weird to have been connected to someone like that.

I thought he was his ex-wife's father ????

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Drouin will be with JiC on 91.9 Sports. He'll actually be in studio with him in a few mins on game day.

Good to see Habs keeping up with trying to be more accessible.

Reactions: groovejuice

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
I decided to stream 690 through my car radio for my morning commute today expecting to hear a lot of Habs/Kotkaniemi banter. But what did I hear instead? Soccer talk followed by unfunny audio clips from Manziel, Charles Barkley and others. Then after a commercial break it was "Ask us anything". I should have called to ask them why I hadn't heard the words "Habs" or "Kotkaniemi" for nearly half an hour. Honestly, do they not realize that the Habs are what keeps the lights on at 690? Stop taking about crap that doesnt matter. Stop deluding yourselves into thinking that your inane comedy bits are entertaining. They aren't. When I tune into 690 the morning after the biggest win of the season so far, I want and expect the on air hosts to be talking about that, not about the big game that Liverpool has this weekend or what Halloween costume Johnny Football wore in Vegas in 2014.

Reactions: Runner77

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
I decided to stream 690 through my car radio for my morning commute today expecting to hear a lot of Habs/Kotkaniemi banter. But what did I hear instead? Soccer talk followed by unfunny audio clips from Manziel, Charles Barkley and others. Then after a commercial break it was "Ask us anything". I should have called to ask them why I hadn't heard the words "Habs" or "Kotkaniemi" for nearly half an hour. Honestly, do they not realize that the Habs are what keeps the lights on at 690? Stop taking about crap that doesnt matter. Stop deluding yourselves into thinking that your inane comedy bits are entertaining. They aren't. When I tune into 690 the morning after the biggest win of the season so far, I want and expect the on air hosts to be talking about that, not about the big game that Liverpool has this weekend or what Halloween costume Johnny Football wore in Vegas in 2014.

I can't remember what act or segment finally did it for me, though it was definitely during a Mariano show, but whatever it was, it finally made me just give up on 690 as a daily listen. Most times, I only tune in for games and occasionally pre-game shows. F their post-game shows... I refuse to stick around if Campbell and Gallo are hosting.

Toronto media are all Leaf homers but at least there is real sports talk. Yeah, 90% is Leafs and Raptors now that baseball is over, and the other 10% is everyone else, but at least there is actual analysis. Some topics get beaten to death, like Nylander status, but at least the news they discuss is relevant.

40Armia

Oct 8, 2018
I can't remember what act or segment finally did it for me, though it was definitely during a Mariano show, but whatever it was, it finally made me just give up on 690 as a daily listen. Most times, I only tune in for games and occasionally pre-game shows. F their post-game shows... I refuse to stick around if Campbell and Gallo are hosting.

Toronto media are all Leaf homers but at least there is real sports talk. Yeah, 90% is Leafs and Raptors now that baseball is over, and the other 10% is everyone else, but at least there is actual analysis. Some topics get beaten to death, like Nylander status, but at least the news they discuss is relevant.

Gallo is flippin annoying !! I turn my radio off when hes on. And Mckenna ‍♂️

Suzuki x 14

GoHabsGo
Mar 14, 2006
Montreal
Campbell was fine, WAS being the key word, he has spent way to much time on air with Gallo and it's just unbearable now. He tries so hard to be funny, it doesn't work Campbell/Gallo/Mckenna/Nilan cannot get off that station quick enough, They make my ears bleed

JJ68

Oct 5, 2017

come on man...they talk about the Habs and hockey practically every segment and repeat the same shit every damn day just in a slightly different way. It's tiring. Who should be the centre? Is he doing good at centre? Why is he not on the wing?? Wouldnt he be better on the wing?? Lets ask the fans what they think. Lets take calls.

Day 1....will they send Kotka to junior?
2....will they keep him?
3...will they send him back after 9 games?
4...whats best for his development?
5...whats best for his development?
6...whats best for his development?

Seriously they talk about soccer for 10 minutes.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
come on man...they talk about the Habs and hockey practically every segment and repeat the same **** every damn day just in a slightly different way. It's tiring....

Seriously they talk about soccer for 10 minutes.

I listen to them every day, sadly. However, I'm usually doing something else so I'm able to ignore them at will.

There is a lot more than 10 minutes of soccer on that station -- Marinaro in particular shoves it down people's throats and they let him know. He gets a lot of angry tweets and emails during the show, especially when he goes beyond an hour of Limpact talk.

While Marinaro is the biggest culprit and shorts sniffer, he's not alone. They also have the morning guys with updates and a soccer guy calling in. Soccer is also featured on Melnick's show. It's discussed during the Friday scrum. And Noel Butler has a soccer show on one of the evenings.

There are other instances but am too lazy to look them up. The hockey talk is present, as it should be -- this is a hockey market, goes without saying. And hockey is the only major sport of the top 4 North American sports that Montreal has a team in -- so I hope they talk about hockey.

The problem is that this market doesn't support any other major NA sport -- if it did, we might get a little further away from the current coverage cycle.

Reactions: DXStriker

DXStriker

Nov 15, 2016
I don't mind Soccer Coverage .
However Tony takes it next level and shoves it down and insults people and says if you don't like soccer your somehow not normal .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino