TSN 690 & Other Montreal sports media Thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

MtlBoxFan

Jun 19, 2014
I think he meant Marinaro doing a TV spot for MtlAutoPrix. On the radio, the old pervert with a Chateauguay accent is doing ads, as you mentioned.
That's not a chateauguay accent. That's a French guy that thinks he passes as English. I feel we have debated this before. Anyone know the guy's name?

jackeymoon

Tropical!
Jan 16, 2018
Northern Ontario
Ouch!

Maybe he'd fight one of you for charity. Huuuge ratings. Huuuge . They're on a weird marketing kick. It would be quite the event . It's worth a shot.

Have any of you watched Mitch box? It was more pathetic than his my pillow shill skit. I honestly think I could KO the guy in under a minute

FlatIron

Sep 27, 2017
Montreal
The Main. Classic old school smoked meat joint just a stone's throw down the street from the tourist trap known as Schwartz's.

Schwartz's is still very very good in light of the fact it's a tourist trap. Go to Delibee's for the real deal, it's the Main's late owner's son who runs it, that is the real deal, even better than his brother's spot, Pete's.

Reactions: Runner77

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
Schwartz's is still very very good in light of the fact it's a tourist trap. Go to Delibee's for the real deal, it's the Main's late owner's son who runs it, that is the real deal, even better than his brother's spot, Pete's.
Every time I have family that has never been to Montreal we end up going to Schwartz's because they wanna see it. I don't mind going even though it's tourist trap and it's overpriced. The old time feel is pretty cool and tourists love that. But I have never liked their smoked meat or the way they cut it so thin, almost shredded. For myself if I'm in the mood and I'm in that part of town I'd much rather go to Lester's deli.

Last edited:
Reactions: peate

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Has anyone liked Bryan Mudryk on TSN so far? I switched over to Pierre Houde last night because his pronunciation of Ouellet was killing me.
Houlett
It's good thing Hudon wasn't dressed he can't do that one either. :laugh:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Has anyone liked Bryan Mudryk on TSN so far? I switched over to Pierre Houde last night because his pronunciation of Ouellet was killing me.
Houlett
It's good thing Hudon wasn't dressed he can't do that one either. :laugh:

I understand station-switching whenever a broadcaster falls off the wagon with a glaring mispronunciation or habit.

For instance, I don't listen to Impact broadcasts however, 690 uses Rick Moffat's goal calls in its Impact ads and game recaps. And I can't take the guy's asinine call, so as soon as I know it's coming, I change to another station.

He does a good job calling CFL games and but his soccer call is horrendous -- what the hell is "scahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!"?

JJ68

Oct 5, 2017
TSN690 is so rank amateur now it's almost unbearable. Not sure how Melnick can stand it, but even he's a tad overrated.

That Green Phantom Gallo thing was horrendous. It's for a good cause, yet the wrestler dude trying to sound like Hogan uses this as a way to hype it..."wow Gallo, im so impressed by your boxing skills, basically beating up a guy who looks like a cancer patient"...in referring to Bilal I believe. How insensitive and insulting is that??

When the younger guys are on air, and they're on almost all the time now...it's too much.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
I swear Brendan Kelly reads this board to get material for his articles.
What the Puck: Canadiens' 'character' players a drag on fourth line

Maybe he's a member here? Reading fan boards often times give guys like Kelly some insight in what fans are saying and feeling about their respective teams. Especially so regarding the Habs in Kelly's case since pretty much every piece he writes is ripping on the Habs in some way, much like this board the past few seasons.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Maybe he's a member here? Reading fan boards often times give guys like Kelly some insight in what fans are saying and feeling about their respective teams. Especially so regarding the Habs in Kelly's case since pretty much every piece he writes is ripping on the Habs in some way, much like this board the past few seasons.
If he is, he should come out. I'm sure he'd be fun to interact with, unlike others.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
If he is, he should come out. I'm sure he'd be fun to interact with, unlike others.

Unlike some others, Kelly can actually put two good sentences together. :sarcasm:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Yeah, like this other online site that shall remain nameless, where one of its writers starts a thread every few weeks that is essentially a compendium of arguments that our posters have made that he packages them as an "article" and asks for our thoughts and clicks. Sure thing, buddy. We'd like to comment on what we came up with ourselves, it's real exciting.

40Armia

Oct 8, 2018
Everytime jellybeans show starts i turn my radio off for 2 minutes. Wtf is with that intro. How flippin annoying and ameuterish is that ????

hotcarle

Jul 10, 2009
vd, qc, ca
TSN690 is so rank amateur now it's almost unbearable. Not sure how Melnick can stand it, but even he's a tad overrated.

That Green Phantom Gallo thing was horrendous. It's for a good cause, yet the wrestler dude trying to sound like Hogan uses this as a way to hype it..."wow Gallo, im so impressed by your boxing skills, basically beating up a guy who looks like a cancer patient"...in referring to Bilal I believe. How insensitive and insulting is that??

When the younger guys are on air, and they're on almost all the time now...it's too much.
Was Jason rachman (sp?). Ex singer of "slaves on dope" .

hotcarle

Jul 10, 2009
vd, qc, ca
Unlike some others, Kelly can actually put two good sentences together. :sarcasm:
The biggest problem with media members is ego. Either you think you're better than the average fan, or you don't . Honestly, by default, they usually do.

And note, by average fan, I mean , average well-informed Hf poster , who knows the team, the prospects /draft picks, other teams ' draft picks and players too, and their approximate values.

Reactions: Runner77

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Which site?? Eyes?
Yeah, like this other online site that shall remain nameless, where one of its writers starts a thread every few weeks that is essentially a compendium of arguments that our posters have made that he packages them as an "article" and asks for our thoughts and clicks. Sure thing, buddy. We'd like to comment on what we came up with ourselves, it's real exciting.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Did Nilan verify his ******ation, by stealing any other witty historical quotes and applying them to hockey? I love it when the punchdrunk turd starts using quotes, but getting them all wrong. Like when he says 'catch 52', 'a rolling grass gathers no moss' and other gems.

Plucked this out from another thread. It was too good to pass up and had to post it here.

I never really paid attention to Nilan's brain cramps, I just can't get myself to listen long enough for them to fully materialize into the gems from the above post.

Thought it might be interesting to get a longer list.

What else has he destroyed?

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Plucked this out from another thread. It was too good to pass up and had to post it here.

I never really paid attention to Nilan's brain cramps, I just can't get myself to listen long enough for them to fully materialize into the gems from the above post.

Thought it might be interesting to get a longer list.

What else has he destroyed?

He's a running meme generator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: