TSN 690 & Other Montreal sports media Thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
I skipped the first 90 minutes of Marinaro's show this morning hoping I'd miss out on his daily crapping on Price but nope it's still going on. Is Tony gonna keep up this Carey crapfest every day for the next 8 years?

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
I skipped the first 90 minutes of Marinaro's show this morning hoping I'd miss out on his daily crapping on Price but nope it's still going on. Is Tony gonna keep up this Carey crapfest every day for the next 8 years?

Tony plays to his audience. Price puts up a shut out next game and he will go not he radio talking about how great Price is and how he told all of us that Price is the best etc...

His opinion changes in the wind.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
It's almost as if you've never heard of Marinaro before.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
It's almost as if you've never heard of Marinaro before.

Oh I've heard of him before but after a while it just gets tiring to listen to every single day and I now find myself tuning his show out more and more. This daily crapping on Price right now is pretty much what he suddenly started doing to Subban in the months before Subban was traded. We're all fully aware that Price is struggling Tony but you don't have to beat it to death every single day.

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
Oh I've heard of him before but after a while it just gets tiring to listen to every single day and I now find myself tuning his show out more and more. This daily crapping on Price right now is pretty much what he suddenly started doing to Subban in the months before Subban was traded. We're all fully aware that Price is struggling Tony but you don't have to beat it to death every single day.

Ya what about this Drouin guy, and Danault................. please.....:sarcasm:

:laugh:

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick

LOL yes of course he will. He does whatever gets him attention.

DXStriker

Nov 15, 2016

Well if Price is to be groomed for trade chip then the Media must begin bashing the value into the ground before MB beats it further before the trade lol

BUT Price is not going anywhere, MB will never trade him and his contract is crazy, Seattle would be a posibility but I dont see that happening either . I still think Price can rebound , maybe not to Hard Price but back to a good goalie.

A lot of Goalies are sucking this year , I think I saw the average save % is something like .904 this year lol

Tony is just being Tony and being Loud and not entertaining and change his opinion in 30 minutes before telling everyone to buy season tickets for the Impact to save the team

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto

I’m just one (former) listener, but Tony is the main reason why I just gave up listening to 690 daily.

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa
Man, that 'heads-up' advert is annoying. There's also that insurance ad that strangely seems to refer to the Habs as a 'hockey league', and the ad that is calling all "Bantam hockey teams", and pronouncing the word 'Bantam' like they've never seen the word before.

Thankfully we still have the Electrika jingle. My fave.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

That sucks. I enjoyed being able to flip back and forth between TSN690 and 91.9 Sports during my commutes. There are hosts and guests I enjoyed on both stations and I'd tune in to listen. Sometimes TSN690 had the better content and other times I enjoyed 91.9 Sports more.

Apparently, they will remain an all sports station for the next few months before the transition.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
I’m just one (former) listener, but Tony is the main reason why I just gave up listening to 690 daily.

Yup, same for me. Nilan ruined the rest of my radio experience. I don't even know who to listen to in the office any more.

Reactions: sandviper

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
That sucks. I enjoyed being able to flip back and forth between TSN690 and 91.9 Sports during my commutes. There are hosts and guests I enjoyed on both stations and I'd tune in to listen. Sometimes TSN690 had the better content and other times I enjoyed 91.9 Sports more.

Apparently, they will remain an all sports station for the next few months before the transition.

There will be only one other alternative to 690 and it'll be 98.5FM, with their part-time sports format. I don't know why a franco 24-hour all sports format can't survive in a market that is what, 80% francophone.

Jul 6, 2016
Yup, same for me. Nilan ruined the rest of my radio experience. I don't even know who to listen to in the office any more.

Nilan should had never host his own show. As na ex-player "expert", OK as a host, hell no.

Reactions: Habs

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
There will be only one other alternative to 690 and it'll be 98.5FM, with their part-time sports format. I don't know why a franco 24-hour all sports format can't survive in a market that is what, 80% francophone.
I wondered the same thing when 110% was canceled. Watching that show after a bad loss or playoff failure was cathartic for me.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I wondered the same thing when 110% was canceled. Watching that show after a bad loss or playoff failure was cathartic for me.

I used to like shows where debates were animated and emotions were high. Now, it's all overly sanitized by a band of brothers who are far too cordial -- it makes for dull TV.

Reactions: Laurentide
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad