TSN 690 & Other Montreal sports media Thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
"...that goes far beyond anything to do with pushing a little piece of rubber around the ice."

Yep Brendan Kelly nailed it.

Honestly MB incompetence has opened a lot of eyes. I would gladly give up all the Stanley Cups if the outcome of this current regime will be the catalyst for change.

*Let's keep our fingers crossed*

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
2cszla.jpg

RBZ

Jun 24, 2013
I guess Tony has the polo shirts in every colour. He must consider it dressing up. When he is not in his velour track suits.

Pickles

Apr 25, 2017
In the jar'o
"...that goes far beyond anything to do with pushing a little piece of rubber around the ice."

Yep Brendan Kelly nailed it.

Honestly MB incompetence has opened a lot of eyes. I would gladly give up all the Stanley Cups if the outcome of this current regime will be the catalyst for change.

*Let's keep our fingers crossed*
Kelly is my favorite gazette writer because he doesn't pull any punches when it comes to Habs management. If Hickey, Todd and Cowan had any journalistic integrity they would do the same.

Reactions: Runner77

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Kelly is my favorite gazette writer because he doesn't pull any punches when it comes to Habs management. If Hickey, Todd and Cowan had any journalistic integrity they would do the same.
Cowan did an article last week, laying the blame at Molson, and no longer Bergevin, because he is simply in over his head.........more media need to throw Geoff Molson under the bus.

Reactions: Gains and Pickles

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
And Pierre seems delightful . For all the people that criticize his somewhat overenthusiastic mannerisms and takes, the guy seems like he'd talk hockey prospects, or the game in general, with anyone who'd listen.
Yeah...as long as they agreed with him and fawned over his every word.

hotcarle

Jul 10, 2009
vd, qc, ca
Yeah...as long as they agreed with him and fawned over his every word.
I don't know. I can't picture him ever getting mad...or even if he did, he'd drop some "gee whiz "and " darn" on you. I love his enthusiasm for memorizing every prospect in every junior league around the world.

Reactions: Gains

RBZ

Jun 24, 2013
I met McGuire a couple of times and is a very likeable person. For sure he has his awkward moments on television and radio, but that still does not make him a jerk like a lot of the people on this board would think.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I met McGuire a couple of times and is a very likeable person. For sure he has his awkward moments on television and radio, but that still does not make him a jerk like a lot of the people on this board would think.
He's like Grapes...........wrong more than he is right, but seems like a real character...bit of a TV cartoon character.

Reactions: HabsFather and RBZ

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
McGuire as a GM would be downright terrible. No one in the league, including players, coaches and GMs, has any respect for him.

It's only the hockey and prospects geeks who like him.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
I think you're wrong. One day hopefully one team will give Pierre a GM job and you can see how terrible of decision that would be...and yes i like Berg better.

Here's the thing; Pierre being awful as a GM is highly, highly hypothetical. It's anybody's guess. Though I know one thing for sure; when we had hopes of lengthy runs and after the 2014 run when Price got injured, he wouldn't have become complacent. He would have done everything in his power to keep improving this team. Whether those moves would have turned good or bad, who knows. But I'm 100% sure he wouldn't have gone for the bargain bin signings and would have been in every single conversations to acquire big names and a first tier C.

And for that, I think he would have been able to make the most out of our past "window" instead of wasting it hiring Tom Gilbert, PA Parenteau, Manny Malhotra and Brian Flynn.

Reactions: Laurentide

Montrealer

What, me worry?
Dec 12, 2002
Chambly QC
McGuire as a GM would be downright terrible. No one in the league, including players, coaches and GMs, has any respect for him.

It's only the hockey and prospects geeks who like him.

People say this, but I don't buy it. He's polarizing, but I'm sure his incredible memory alone makes him a good amount of friends. I know guys like this in sales and their friendly demeanour and ability to recall are huge at maintaining a lot of relationships (hey Jim, how's Pam? Is Max still growing? etc means a lot to people).

Reactions: Laurentide

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
Jack Todd on a twitter rant that Tavares is an egomaniac for setting up his meetings as he has. Fact is in a commercial setting, with a limited time window and bidders with lots of money, what he is doing is perfectly normal and sensible. Flying around to a bunch of cities would be dumb. It’s no different than a big company entertaining bids from law firms/ad agencies/accountants etc.

Todd, shockingly, just looks bitter and out of touch. He still loves him some Grant McCagg though.

If McGuire wasn’t respected by anyone he wouldn’t be a HHOF voter. I’m sure his schtick wears on people, but he is well connected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad