TSN 690 & Other Montreal sports media Thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
just listened to a tribute they did of the JDLR era in MTL, funny but so disrespectful lol.. made by Mitch Gallo, who is a guy I would definitely love to punch in the face based on his takes and attitude
I’ll hold him down......who’s taking care of the getaway car :laugh:

Reactions: Runner77

JJ68

Oct 5, 2017
well we've got a brand new Montreal auto prix commercial ad to look forward to every day!

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Still has that guy with the weird accent.

I think he meant Marinaro doing a TV spot for MtlAutoPrix. On the radio, the old pervert with a Chateauguay accent is doing ads, as you mentioned.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Geoff Molson will be a guest on Nilan's show today ("Off the Cuff") Somehow I doubt there will be any tough questions but the words "youth", "speed" and "attitude" will likely be overused.

Yeah he's suppose to be on with Nilan @ 2.

Expecting more Marc is doing a great job, we love our fans, and how the new and improved food is great.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I think he meant Marinaro doing a TV spot for MtlAutoPrix. On the radio, the old pervert with a Chateauguay accent is doing ads, as you mentioned.
Pardon my ignorance...but what's a Chateauguay accent?

Sounds funny and I want to know why lol

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Tony and Nilan getting a little testy about Hudon and Shaw. Tony said Nilan is always going on about Hudon and Nilan said he's not and Nilan counters with Tony is always on Shaw's case and Tony said he isn't. :) Nilan said to Tony you're always talking about wanting to get rid of Shaw due to concussions and Tony didn't have much to come back with.

Pickles

Apr 25, 2017
In the jar'o
Caught the end of Nilan's show and I wish I hadn't. Loved Nilan as a player can't stand him on radio. He was defending the Habs for charging full price for exhibition tickets. How much of a shill can you be?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Pardon my ignorance...but what's a Chateauguay accent?

Sounds funny and I want to know why lol

Someone here first mentioned it in reference to the same individual who did a spot for MtlAutoPrix a few months ago. It was in the "old pervert, meddling husband" ad.

The observation came from this post about the ad I just mentioned, which was annoying all of us at the time (May 2018):

Lol, that commercial drives me crazy, I listen to sports stations across the country in the mornings. My buddy had a co worker at a plant here who sounded exactly like that dude. Exact.He had moved here from Chateauguay with his customs worker wife. I assumed it was a Anglo-chateauguay local twang.

Last edited:
Reactions: 417

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Tony and Nilan getting a little testy about Hudon and Shaw. Tony said Nilan is always going on about Hudon and Nilan said he's not and Nilan counters with Tony is always on Shaw's case and Tony said he isn't. :) Nilan said to Tony you're always talking about wanting to get rid of Shaw due to concussions and Tony didn't have much to come back with.

I was going to mention the above exchange. It got real testy, real quick. I like when Nilan goes ballistic and when his target is smartass Tony.

It's been replayed on Mitch's show. Of course Nilan loves Shaw -- the latter probably reminds him of himself the most.

Reactions: sheed36

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Caught the end of Nilan's show and I wish I hadn't. Loved Nilan as a player can't stand him on radio. He was defending the Habs for charging full price for exhibition tickets. How much of a shill can you be?

Oh, I missed that. Nilan is a pure Habs's shill. No wonder Geoff agreed to come on his show.

Reactions: Pickles and sheed36

Pickles

Apr 25, 2017
In the jar'o
Oh, I missed that. Nilan is a pure Habs's shill. No wonder Geoff agreed to come on his show.
Yeah he was arguing with a caller who was complaining about the price of preseason tickets and the price of the food and drinks. Saying it was 1600 bucks to see a game. Nilan shrugged it off saying something about supply and demand and that the Habs are the only game in town. My brother caught a game and said beers were 19 bucks. That's insane.

hotcarle

Jul 10, 2009
vd, qc, ca
That 50s gumshoe is having an awkward moment with his wife. "Come to bed honey...im extremely open minded right now". ...ughhhh....

I think she's going to leave him for a " my pillow ".

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
That 50s gumshoe is having an awkward moment with his wife. "Come to bed honey...im extremely open minded right now". ...ughhhh....

I think she's going to leave him for a " my pillow ".

If she wants instant gratification, she'll go for a Lester's Deli sandwich. Don't ever make that mistake. Tried it, it's all right but the price isn't. Between tax, tip and the regular-sized sandwich with fries and a soft drink, you're going to be set back $30 plus. f*** that. Plenty of smoked meat places in Montreal, for less. Damn Rick LaMoufette. I'm never trying anything that guy is pimping.

hotcarle

Jul 10, 2009
vd, qc, ca
If she wants instant gratification, she'll go for a Lester's Deli sandwich. Don't ever make that mistake. Tried it, it's all right but the price isn't. Between tax, tip and the regular-sized sandwich with fries and a soft drink, you're going to be set back $30 plus. **** that. Plenty of smoked meat places in Montreal, for less. Damn Rick LaMoufette. I'm never trying anything that guy is pimping.
He eats free so you don't.

I think that's his motto.

Smoked meat is pretty expensive these days. Smoked Meat Pete in Ile Perrot is about 20$ for the sandwich platter takeout . Add a drink and tip and that's 27ish.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
He eats free so you don't.

I think that's his motto.

Smoked meat is pretty expensive these days. Smoked Meat Pete in Ile Perrot is about 20$ for the sandwich platter takeout . Add a drink and tip and that's 27ish.

I find it's cheaper at Jarry Smoked Meat and you get more. Open 24 hours and they have a special on the first Tuesday of every month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->