TSN 690 & Other Montreal sports media (Part 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Ward: I think Habs will finish 1st in the North

Aaron Ward thinks the Habs can put up their top 4 on D against anybody's in the league, he likes Edmundson-Petry as a pairing. He picks them to win the division, it was between Edmonton and Montreal for him. On Romanov, it's about opposing forwards' tendencies in shooting, dumping, hitting etc. which Kulak will hopefully teach him about. "To know when the time is right to step in on a player", which we know Romanov will do a lot.
Good to hear

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
On a similar note, how the hell can't Martin McGuire speak proper English after all these years in the media?

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
So much for Campbell's rather cocky prediction on Melnick's show yesterday that Canada was gonna win last nights gold medal game by AT LEAST 4 goals.

Also we got far too much information from Pierre during segment on Melnick's show yesterday. He said he was getting "lubed up" for the bronze medal game. What? I don't even want to know what that really meant but I do know what I first thought of after he said it. :)

ce93fa7c2318af944aad3a9ce97dca33.gif

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
So much for Campbell's rather cocky prediction on Melnick's show yesterday that Canada was gonna win last nights gold medal game by AT LEAST 4 goals.

Also we got far too much information from Pierre during segment on Melnick's show yesterday. He said he was getting "lubed up" for the bronze medal game. What? I don't even want to know what that really meant but I do know what I first thought of after he said it. :)

DeadlyCalmHamster-small.gif

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016

Sean Campbell might be the worst commentator on tsn690. Almost all of his views are nonsense and hyperbolic

Last edited:

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Sean Campbell might be the worst commentator on tsn690. Almost all of his views are nonsense and hyperbolic

I'm far from being the biggest Campbell fan but I'd still rather listen to him than Andi on Leafs Lunch on TSN1050 over there in Figland. Sorry Andi but you just get on my last nerve.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I'm far from being the biggest Campbell fan but I'd still rather listen to him than Andi on Leafs Lunch on TSN1050 over there in Figland. Sorry Andi but you just get on my last nerve.

Campbell is terribad — he’s the worst in our market, there is nothing salvaging a bottom feeding shill.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Campbell is terribad — he’s the worst in our market, there is nothing salvaging a bottom feeding shill.

What I have noticed are that Campbell and Tsalikas like to talk a lot. If they want to explain something, or begin asking a question, they will just ramble on and ramble on before anyone else gets a chance to answer. Campbell is worse than Simon. But they both talk a lot.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
What I have noticed are that Campbell and Tsalikas like to talk a lot. If they want to explain something, or begin asking a question, they will just ramble on and ramble on before anyone else gets a chance to answer. Campbell is worse than Simon. But they both talk a lot.

Simon's calling card is talking fast. Campbell likes to slow down his sentences to a trickle and offer these truly dreadful, cliched takes.

Neither of them can ad lib. This is where someone with intelligence, preparedness and the ability to relate to an audience generates interest.

Also, Campbell is annoyingly always on air, for literally anything. At some point, the station ought to get the message and limit him. His play by play is pure hell, I'm forced to switch stations when they have him barking out Rocket games.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

The thing I find annoying about him is all the fantasy questions he asks and spends all his time on air answering and debating.

Like, if you could add any two players from around the league to the Montreal Canadiens, without giving anything up, who would they be?

Give me a break.

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The thing I find annoying about him is all the fantasy questions he asks and spends all his time on air answering and debating.

Like, if you could add any two players from around the league to the Montreal Canadiens, without giving anything up, who would they be?

Give me a break.

Always lame fantasy questions that no one cares about. Simon has the same approach except he's more about obscure trivia.

None of these guys come up with anything original, thought-provoking. Some are just flat out reciting the internet. You can literally hold down a radio job nowadays just surfing the internet and reading stuff randomly. And fill the rest of the time with dumb quiz questions and dubious music choices.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Simon's calling card is talking fast. Campbell likes to slow down his sentences to a trickle and offer these truly dreadful, cliched takes.

Neither of them can ad lib. This is where someone with intelligence, preparedness and the ability to relate to an audience generates interest.

Also, Campbell is annoyingly always on air, for literally anything. At some point, the station ought to get the message and limit him. His play by play is pure hell, I'm forced to switch stations when they have him barking out Rocket games.

Agreed on all fronts.

Also, Laval Rocket games should always be listened to on 91.9 Sports FM. Anthony Marcotte is amazing. If you're not watching the game, he really brings the game to life for you.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
For anyone interested. Marinaro is about to interview Marc Bergevin. Probably going to be a cringe fest once again but at this point I'm ready to do anything to get my hockey fix.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
For anyone interested. Marinaro is about to interview Marc Bergevin. Probably going to be a cringe fest once again but at this point I'm ready to do anything to get my hockey fix.

I feel like Marinaro and Bergevin have good interviews. One of the few people Marinaro has interesting conversations with.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I feel like Marinaro and Bergevin have good interviews. One of the few people Marinaro has interesting conversations with.

It's become a smoother dance over the years. The best part for me was when Marinaro asked that question out of left field in past years, that provoked an unexpected answer but that didn't happen in this morning's just concluded interview.

The rest of their talk is anecdotal, cliched and full of jokes. I haven't gathered anything of high value from their exchange today. And of course, Marinaro makes a complete ass of himself at the end of it. Ugh.

Reactions: Tighthead

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
It's become a smoother dance over the years. The best part for me was when Marinaro asked that question out of left field in past years, that provoked an unexpected answer but that didn't happen in this morning's just concluded interview.

The rest of their talk is anecdotal, cliched and full of jokes. I haven't gathered anything of high value from their exchange today. And of course, Marinaro makes a complete ass of himself at the end of it. Ugh.

Nothing new was discussed. It's similar to actors doing the media rounds before a movie is released. Nothing is really learned in these interviews. This is the NHL version of it with the GM going around right before the season starts.

But one thing I find is that at least the Marinaro interviews with MB are entertaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad