TSN 690 & Other Montreal sports media (Part 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar

So that means they are still broadcasting then. Putrid on air talent reporting on a putrid Habs team,bravo! So excruciating to listen to them it's hard to decide whom is the most painful to listen to.
Those guys have a good gig though,kudos to them for that. But can they not find some people that are more listenable? be more natural. So much I heard sounds so preconceived and artificial.

Reactions: lo striver

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I just realized that Rick Moffat was cut from TSN690 by Bell.

I honestly thought that because he was doing the morning show + Als games + Impact games all spring/summer, that he was taking time off to recharge for the coming season of those teams.

I decided to look it up and just saw that he is no longer there. That Bell Media decided to let him go.

Reactions: jaffy27

SquiddFX

#Seanski
Dec 16, 2013
Montreal
I just realized that Rick Moffat was cut from TSN690 by Bell.

I honestly thought that because he was doing the morning show + Als games + Impact games all spring/summer, that he was taking time off to recharge for the coming season of those teams.

I decided to look it up and just saw that he is no longer there. That Bell Media decided to let him go.

He was laid off a while ago. Not much news about it. One morning he was on next he wasn’t. Starr and McKenna went on like nothing happened probably non-disclosure stuff. Until the other day when McKenna played a Starr, McKenna, Moffat morning show ad clip :laugh:

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
He was laid off a while ago. Not much news about it. One morning he was on next he wasn’t. Starr and McKenna went on like nothing happened probably non-disclosure stuff. Until the other day when McKenna played a Starr, McKenna, Moffat morning show ad clip :laugh:

I never knew he was laid off. I genuinely thought he was just taking a break before the football and soccer seasons start.

I like McKenna and Starr. I find they have good chemistry and play well off each other.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Just a random thing I noticed, L'Antichambre always had better ratings than the Dave Morrisette show at TVA. the L'Antichambre guys were sitting, the Morrisette guys were standing up. Now the L'Antichambre guys are standing up and the Morrisette dudes are sitting and it's Morrisette that has better ratings. L'Antichambre had a formula that worked, why did they change it? Who came up with the idea, "you know something what would be innovative and interesting, from now on all our guys are gonna be standing up instead! woooo!" Morrisette's show is still shit though, they are winning by default. I think it's simple cause people tried to watch RDS and thought WhyTF are these clowns standing up? and changed the channel. :laugh:

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Braun

Apr 17, 2014
Montreal
I never knew he was laid off. I genuinely thought he was just taking a break before the football and soccer seasons start.

I like McKenna and Starr. I find they have good chemistry and play well off each other.
The problem with McKenna is that he thinks he is king shit and knows everything. He is really not someone with whom you can have a debate if you disagree with him. He sucks up hard to all his high profile guests and never asks hard or uncomfortable questions.

Reactions: Mtler in Toronto

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Why does Simon have a segement dedicated to his opinion? Was in the car and listening and they had Simon call in and they were asking him about the XFL new rule or the TOR GM becoming the Knicks GM.

If he was connected and had sources I would get it, but why is his opinion more important than that guy Louis who calls in about the habs or any other jack ass. I understand a guy like McGuire or Ward, but Simon? Both Knuckles and I think it was Gallo were like Simon what do you think of this or think of that. Like why should I care about Simons opinion outside of him giving me a free coffee if I am going to sell my house.

Reactions: JJ68

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa
Have they announced who is going to do Impact and Als games this year on 690? Moffat is gone from the station but I suppose he could be like Dan Robertson and just do play-by-play without another formal position there.

I like him doing Als games and would be happy to see him back. I wouldn't mind another person doing Impact.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Why does Simon have a segement dedicated to his opinion? Was in the car and listening and they had Simon call in and they were asking him about the XFL new rule or the TOR GM becoming the Knicks GM.

If he was connected and had sources I would get it, but why is his opinion more important than that guy Louis who calls in about the habs or any other jack ass. I understand a guy like McGuire or Ward, but Simon? Both Knuckles and I think it was Gallo were like Simon what do you think of this or think of that. Like why should I care about Simons opinion outside of him giving me a free coffee if I am going to sell my house.
Simon is like an ingrowing nail, he’s that hot sauce you forgot to wash off your fingers as your scratching your eyes, he’s expired milk in your cereal, he’s the telemarketer that calls you at dinner time.......

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
LOL Benoit Brisset just compared Geoff Molson to Donald Trump for tweeting a snide reply to a tweet from some guy about the empty seats being taken over my Leafs fans on Saturday.

Reactions: Andrei79

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
Martin Lemay super cynical right now on On Jase via rds.ca... analyzed the backup signing (Kinkaid) combined with the up and downs, says it's clear the playoffs were never a priority this year.

It means Bergevin has been lying through his teeth the whole season, but hey good PR says you don't say it's gonna suck. Sell some tickets. Lemay sounds annoyed now, granted he's on at an odd time of the day. Brendan Kelly has also been very critical of the Habs' long term path recently.

I wish Habs ownership/management wasn't governing mainstream media 'scripts' like the Empire. Molson is Palpatine.

DXStriker

Nov 15, 2016
Martin Lemay super cynical right now on On Jase via rds.ca... analyzed the backup signing (Kinkaid) combined with the up and downs, says it's clear the playoffs were never a priority this year.

It means Bergevin has been lying through his teeth the whole season, but hey good PR says you don't say it's gonna suck. Sell some tickets. Lemay sounds annoyed now, granted he's on at an odd time of the day. Brendan Kelly has also been very critical of the Habs' long term path recently.

I wish Habs ownership/management wasn't governing mainstream media 'scripts' like the Empire. Molson is Palpatine.

Molson has it made . The media never challenges MB and they laugh with him and give them access to keep them happy .

Habs make Money and stay mediocre and "parity" can be blamed and no one is angry and he watches money flow

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
The medias covering the habs are sellouts. Lavoie and Machabee leading the charge. Even ex players are saying stupid stuff to excuse this team. It's really annoying.
Oddly enough, the only one to vent his frustrations and asks for changes in management is Benoit Brunet. Chantal has been with RDS since day one, she has a reputation to uphold and the image of the Station. It would not work to start the show with, "Bon on en as encore mangé une tabarrnac". Although that's probably what she said off camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad