TSN 690 & Other Montreal sports media (Part 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Supersonic

May 27, 2013
Ontario
It's a nothing comment about how young non-married men are focused on getting laid. It's a stereotype.. not every young man is like that but whatever.... God knows I am not a fan of Milbury but today's ¨cancel culture¨ and ¨get up in arms over nothing¨ is really sad.

Virtue signalling lol

Reactions: Sugar Domi

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
I think it does my friend.

Millbury and his ilk are going bye bye and it's about f***ing time

The comment does not even have anything to do with women. Your characterization of it as being women-bad is odd. It's more about how young men are focused on sexual activities because of hormones... I find it peculiar that you viewed it as women bad.... and then got offended on behalf of the other sex. It's quite odd but I'm going to let you be you. I respect your right to think whatever it is you want to think.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
The comment does not even have anything to do with women. Your characterization of it as being women-bad is odd. It's more about how young men are focused on sexual activities because of hormones... I find it peculiar that you viewed it as women bad.... and then got offended on behalf of the other sex. It's quite odd but I'm going to let you be you. I respect your right to think whatever it is you want to think.
See but this just shows you're only thinking about it from your POV.

Believe it or not little cracks and comments like this matter and they add up. If you think we can't go on as a society without assholes like Mibury, if you think that it's a step backwards to remove misogynist content from sports, then I feel sorry for you.

Basically you come across as someone who doesn't want to give any effort in thinking about how others are affected by things like this, and spin it into somehow you're the victim because the PC police took away my fun.

Widen your perspective, work on seeing things from other POVs

Reactions: Tighthead

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Milbury is right. Look at the Caps players distracted and no longer focusing on Ovie and the Cup.

GIF-Ice-Hockey.gif

TannedBum

Jul 23, 2014
Men get distracted by women beauty. It’s not even a joke, but a simple fact. Why it's suddenly so wrong to have fun with such a natural thing ? That same comment is repeated a billion times a day in the world and no one, from any point of view is offended by it. But wait until the "caveman" makes that comment on TV LOL.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
See but this just shows you're only thinking about it from your POV.

Believe it or not little cracks and comments like this matter and they add up. If you think we can't go on as a society without assholes like Mibury, if you think that it's a step backwards to remove misogynist content from sports, then I feel sorry for you.

Basically you come across as someone who doesn't want to give any effort in thinking about how others are affected by things like this, and spin it into somehow you're the victim because the PC police took away my fun.

Widen your perspective, work on seeing things from other POVs

Okaaaay.

Chet-Nick

Feb 28, 2005
Ontario
Now that it's (seemingly long) over. Was looking for the TV ratings on the Canadiens/Flyers series.

I know TVA (Quebec) was averaging a little above 800,000 viewers per game. Found this >

"Take Sunday, Aug. 16: Game 3 of the First Round Stanley Cup series between Montreal and Philadelphia drew an overnight average of 741,000 fans for an 8 pm start on Sportsnet National. Add another 104,000 who watched the game on Sportsnet One and then another 522,000 who chose to view the same game on CBC and the total is 1,377,000 viewers in English Canada who watched the Canadiens play the Flyers."

From > Offside ratings system knocks NHL playoffs to bottom of weekly Top 30 – brioux.tv

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

I've been an on and off listener for many of those years -- not so much for the show's content (most of it was arcane) but for Ron's antics.

I hope he has an enjoyable retirement.

ItzaGreat

How's your Mario impression?
Oct 22, 2017
World 2 - 3
I sure am glad Milbury is gone. He was biased, a caveman, and I agree with all qualifiers about him. But removing him because of this nothing comment is wrong. Today's cancel culture is really really toxic.
If the guy was any good at his job or racked in any money they never would have fired him.

Truth is network was obviously looking for the first excuse to sack his worthless ass.

Im tired of incompetent losers using cancel culture as an excuse as to why they got fired for sucking at their job...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino