TSN 690 & Other Montreal sports media (Part 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canadiens Ghost

Mr. Objectivity
Dec 14, 2011
Smurfland
Poll on Facebook right now. I believe they will send the results to PKP. :laugh:

upload_2020-8-13_1-56-6.png

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Chili

What wind blew you hither?
Jun 10, 2004
Who outbid them on all these rights for English language sports radio in Montreal? Pretty sure they used to broadcast other games including blue jays.
690 has aired the Cup finals the last few years. (at least).

TSN1200 (Ottawa) has the Bruins game on their schedule for tonight, don't know about the rest of the radio network.

hobgoblinvasya

Mar 29, 2010
This is my first thread, but i had to ask. Does anyone else find TVA play by play and their whole crew in general to be god-awful? As an amateur viewer, even I see the play better, identify players easier and see what is happening more clearly. Case in point: tonight's spear by Domi. If was obviously him, yet they kept saying it's KK. Until video review showed clearly how wrong they are. And it's happening once every 3-4 minutes. Not to mention them repeating the same word two or three times in the same sentence. Hurts my ears.

Reactions: DXStriker

DavePeak

What a goal Mann!
Jul 15, 2009
Montreal
At least they don't slur like 98.5FM :sarcasm:

But yeah they're not very good, but I'm not really listening to them anyway, my eyes are good enough.

The grass is always greener on the other side though... I like Pierre Houde, I really do, but after years of watching him doing the play-by-play of NHL and Formula 1, he loves to talk about everything else but what's happening on the ice/track.

RDS is still miles better (or kilometers, I'm a scientist) than TVAS

Reactions: Runner77

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Cant stand the TVAsport pannel... Bergeron as an analyst lol, a fraud. Renaud Lavoie, the worst "insider" in the league. Patrick Lalime, so annoying as a commentator, moi si chu Pittsburg, moi si chu le Canadien... Morisette and his brown tongue ect, thats really really bad...

Last edited:

Sam of Montreal

May 5, 2007
They just took whoever was willing to defect from RDS. So basically got a B or C crew.

Renaud Lavoie is by far the worst. He just looks really stupid, his English is terrible (for interviews) and he fumbles with words in French all the time. Last but not least, he always talks like his subject is REALLY important when he is talking about the simplest uninteresting subject (but that is a global trend for TVA sport).

To be fair though, they are a young network and have not had the chance to develop their own crew yet. It could get better over time.

Reactions: DavePeak

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
They aren't great but at least they know how to pronounce Ouellette unlike CBC.

I remember an old sportscaster talking about preparing for Canada - Red Army games. I think it was Ron Reusch. He would sit down with someone from the other team who would read the roster out. Reusch would record it so he study the proper pronunciation of the names.

Let’s be honest, there likely weren’t 100 people in the county who would know or care, but he was a pro. There is also a certain element of civility and respect in pronouncing someone’s name correctly.

In 2020, the lead broadcaster of Rogers can’t be bothered to put in one bit of effort to pronounce a French name properly. One of our official languages ffs, nothing foreign about it. It’s just pure ignorance. And nobody on the production side cares to correct him.

It’s indicative of a complete lack of effort and lack of pride by the whole broadcast. It’s shoddy.

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
Le Quebecois, le Quebecois, le Quebecois, le Quebecois, le Quebecois, le Quebecois, le Quebecois, le Quebecois, le Quebecois, le Quebecois, le Quebecois, le Quebecois, le Quebecois, le Quebecois, le Quebecois

God it's annoying
The Province of Quebec is a French Province . Le Quebecois.
If you don't like it that's unfortunate because that's how it will always be,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad