Player Discussion Tryamkin

Status
Not open for further replies.

RebuildinVan

Jun 25, 2017
Its not for sure he is signing here but with the K starting their season so much earlier he has to make his decision quick.

Apparently there has never been any discussion from either side about trading his rights

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
This isnt really what he said

This sounds really promising.
Now it just comes down to: (a) can Benning tender a reasonable contract offer; (b) can Benning fit said contract under the cap.

From what we're hearing, it sounds like Tryamkin is ok re-signing with Vancouver? Nothing has been reported that would indicate that he doesn't want to return to the city, which is a bit of a surprise given his comments while he was here.

Peter10

Dec 7, 2003
Germany
It doesnt really sound like he has improved much while being in the KHL so I would temper my expectations for him. And given the speculation about the salary he is commanding this could turn out into a rather bad signing.

Reactions: VanillaCoke

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011
Would a performance laced contract with a base of 2 million be reasonable?
Bonuses totalling 1.5 million broken down so he has to achieve fairly high to get the full amount?

2 years at 2 million would be pretty good

Bob Long

May 31, 2018
Climax, SK
Would a performance laced contract with a base of 2 million be reasonable?
Bonuses totalling 1.5 million broken down so he has to achieve fairly high to get the full amount?

2 years at 2 million would be pretty good

he's no longer eligible for performance bonuses. Benning might be forced into using signing bonuses tho, which isn't great from a buyout pov but this contract shouldn't be big enough or enough term for that to be a thing.

Bob Long

May 31, 2018
Climax, SK
This sounds really promising.
Now it just comes down to: (a) can Benning tender a reasonable contract offer; (b) can Benning fit said contract under the cap.

From what we're hearing, it sounds like Tryamkin is ok re-signing with Vancouver? Nothing has been reported that would indicate that he doesn't want to return to the city, which is a bit of a surprise given his comments while he was here.

Nik is eligible to be a free agent in 2022, which makes things interesting along with expansion. Those two things will drive the deal more than salary imo, he can't really demand something goofy. I'd think the very upper limit would be something like 3 years 10 mil which would be an overpayment, but not Jim's worst overpayment.

I think Niks comments were taken too far, given the language issues. He's always had the Canucks on his social media, e.g., and he wasn't wrong about Vancouver being a 'dope city', I mean you can't open your window without getting a waft of pot from somewhere a few times a day.

Reactions: ChilliBilly

Peter10

Dec 7, 2003
Germany

It's exactly what was said.

This related to his previous comment that so far its been quiet with the Canucks due to the cap uncertainty. So now that we are getting close to know what the cap situation will look like for next year they can start talking contract. It doesnt mean he will sign soon.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
Looks like an imminent signing to me.

yep, looks like everyone is on the same page including Tryamkin who talked to Travis Green as well. Tryamkin is a type of defenceman that wouldn't look out of place on even St.Louis Blues d corps. He's going to be rock solid as a 5th defenceman that can slip into the top 4 when needed.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Nik is eligible to be a free agent in 2022, which makes things interesting along with expansion. Those two things will drive the deal more than salary imo, he can't really demand something goofy. I'd think the very upper limit would be something like 3 years 10 mil which would be an overpayment, but not Jim's worst overpayment.

I think Niks comments were taken too far, given the language issues. He's always had the Canucks on his social media, e.g., and he wasn't wrong about Vancouver being a 'dope city', I mean you can't open your window without getting a waft of pot from somewhere a few times a day.

Maybe, but things like his wife not liking Vancouver and wanting to be closer to family and friends in Russia are probably still true. Then there's a handful of other minor issues that might add up, like him not liking our couching staff (it has changed since he left, but it might have left a bad impression on him regarding the organization) and showing him videos of Pronger (expecting him to play the same way), his limited ice time (which won't change if he re-signs, he's still likely a bottom pairing dman), and him complaining about everything smelling like weed (dumb, but maybe it's a cultural thing where cannabis is seen as immoral).

Based on the issues he reported the last time around, I don't see how the majority of them will change if he re-signs. My guess is he just wants to get his foot back into the NHL to further his career, eventually with a different team.

Reactions: Bob Long

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Maybe, but things like his wife not liking Vancouver and wanting to be closer to family and friends in Russia are probably still true. Then there's a handful of other minor issues that might add up, like him not liking our couching staff (it has changed since he left, but it might have left a bad impression on him regarding the organization) and showing him videos of Pronger (expecting him to play the same way), his limited ice time (which won't change if he re-signs, he's still likely a bottom pairing dman), and him complaining about everything smelling like weed (dumb, but maybe it's a cultural thing where cannabis is seen as immoral).

Based on the issues he reported the last time around, I don't see how the majority of them will change if he re-signs. My guess is he just wants to get his foot back into the NHL to further his career, eventually with a different team.
He left the team 3 years ago, and a lot has changed...It doesn't matter how many times Tryamkin says he has been following the Canucks, and wants to play for them...You're still here banging on about how he wants to play for another team....Yawn.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
A question for posters.....would you rather have Tryamkin at around $2m a season for the next 2-3 years; or Tyler Myers at $6m for the next five years? Come to think it, don't answer that.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
He left the team 3 years ago, and a lot has changed...It doesn't matter how many times Tryamkin says he has been following the Canucks, and wants to play for them...You're still here banging on about how he wants to play for another team....Yawn.

I'm not banging on anything. I'm saying that some of the reasons for why he originally left haven't changed since then. I just don't know why it would go differently now, aside from a new coaching staff. Hopefully that's enough as I want to see him as a Canuck. Stop creating a fake narrative and trolling me.

Reactions: Peter10

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
Tryamkin is about to sign with the Canuck soon according to his agent

I expect Canucks to let go of Stecher, Benn, and Fantenberg iin the off-season and re-sign Tanev. Tanev is just far too valuable in the Canucks defence core for at least 3 more years until we are free of Eriksson/Sutter/Beagle/Roussel/Beartschi/Luongo/Spooner cap hits. Once those contracts are up, Canucks can start investing into a top 4 RH defenceman with offensive ability.

Edler-Myers
Hughes-Tanev
Tryamkin-Rafferty

Going to be a serious battle between Rafferty and Rathbone methinks. And Juolevi is going to get a look.

Juolevi Rathbone and Hughes all provide serious offense (well not that sure about where Juolevi is right now but ....).

And Woo may trend towards a Bieska ... bet he sure isn't there yet.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005

Seriously? Did you lose your sense of smell or something? Maybe you should educate yourself here. Most people who don't smoke dislike second hand smoke especially marijuana. It's a very strong smell that many find repugnant.

Reactions: Disappointed EP40

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
Going to be a serious battle between Rafferty and Rathbone methinks. And Juolevi is going to get a look.

Juolevi Rathbone and Hughes all provide serious offense (well not that sure about where Juolevi is right now but ....).

And Woo may trend towards a Bieska ... bet he sure isn't there yet.

Don't think it's a battle between Rafferty and Rathbone considering they're at opposite sides. Canucks have good LD depth, they need to bolster the RH side significantly.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
It doesnt really sound like he has improved much while being in the KHL so I would temper my expectations for him. And given the speculation about the salary he is commanding this could turn out into a rather bad signing.
Really you think it will be bad? Why and what should we do? I'm curious about the negativity

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Signing Tryamkin means Tanev is gone.

Tanev is likely gone regardless, but this would confirm it.
This is my take as well.

It seems like they're going to try to replace tanev with the cheaper Tryamkin. Which will of course not be equitable.

Thats not even knowing what they think is a reasonable price for Tryamkin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad