Speculation: Trouba Contract Discussion Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puckatron 3000

Glitchy Prototype
Feb 4, 2014
Offensive Zone
On the plus side Morrissey has a very big opportunity to prove himself if Trouba sits out all of TC/gets traded.

No doubt. He was the one guy in Winnipeg who heard this and was like, "WOO HOO!" Maybe him and Postma both.

Sucks. But I guess one way to look at it is we have three top-4 RHD. That was one too many anyway. I obviously would have rather kept Trouba than Myers. But Trouba is the more valuable trade chip, so we get more back. Maybe when all is said and done we have a stronger and more balanced L/RHD.

Until we hear what Trouba's ask was (assuming their was one), can't fault Chevy. It could have been ridiculous demands.

What we can judge Chevy on is how he plays out this hand.

R3DDRAG0N

Beaver Mafia
Aug 25, 2013
Winnipeg
I told you guys about 3 weeks ago that I have insider info he doesn't want to be here, I heard from someone whom had a face to face discussion with him. The usage is part of it but there is more to it than that.

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
What's the rule for an rfa playing in Europe ? Is there any difference to the jets if he plays there or sits out?

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Signing a long-term contract is a two-way street. One side didn't want to. The Kane situation turned out okay after Chevy made a move. The Trouba situation is similar, but much more impactful. This indeed is Chevy's real test.

Don't blame him, just wants to pay a significant role and in a position to succeed (RHD). Wish him good luck in his new team. See how bad this hurts us now.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
I told you guys about 3 weeks ago that I have insider info he doesn't want to be here, I heard from someone whom had a face to face discussion with him. The usage is part of it but there is more to it than that.

So what's the "more?"

And how much better is Trouba than the Postman as a 3rd-pairing D?

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Just saying people blaming Chevy. Please. Like he doesn't want him over Myers. Cmon folks, more to it

I think Chevy has known for a long time that Trouba likely would want out.

Now Chevy has to earn his money by reshaping the roster. He has the talented core, the assets and the cap space to make a defining move. I expect a big trade with multiple parts going and coming, considering the Jets asset stack at forward and thin D pool.

WinnipegWinter*

Dec 4, 2011
Winnipeg
We can give up hope that we are getting any kind of decent return. Look what happened with the luongo scenario, taylor hall.. Whenever gms are in a position of weakness the other gms take full advantage. Id expect .40/$1

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
I think Chevy has known for a long time that Trouba likely would want out.

Now Chevy has to earn his money by reshaping the roster. He has the talented core, the assets and the cap space to make a defining move. I expect a big trade with multiple parts going and coming, considering the Jets asset stack at forward and thin D pool.

If he knew trade him on his elc before all this ugliness comes out. Don't believe that

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
Felt this one coming from a mile away but was encouraged by the reports they were talking.

Oh well, no biggie in the grand scheme. Players are entitled to a preference as to where they want to play, such is life. If the agent's statement is a reflection of the player's feelings, then f' em', the Jets are better off without him. It isn't as if they are losing Bobby Orr here, they are losing a guy that was a bit buried over the past two years. If Myers is ready, add Postma to the right side and Morrissey to the left and that D on the whole would probably move the puck a bit better than did last year's group. Poolman slots in at #3 RD sometime next season when signed.

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
We can give up hope that we are getting any kind of decent return. Look what happened with the luongo scenario, taylor hall.. Whenever gms are in a position of weakness the other gms take full advantage. Id expect .40/$1

Ya, I mean look at the Kane trade...

AWSAA

Sep 8, 2003
There goes our only proven top 4 defenseman under 25. Another quality for quantity deal coming up.

All part of the process, right?

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Don't blame him, just wants to pay a significant role and in a position to succeed (RHD). Wish him good luck in his new team. See how bad this hurts us now.

It was more than position and role. You can trust me on that.

There will be a lineup of teams interested. Chevy will get good value. I think he's looking for more than just fair value and might want to use this as a way to reshape and rebalance the roster and talent pool.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
If paired with Stuart? Much better
If paired with Chiarot? Marginally better

Thanks. Well, barring a good return arriving in time for TC, maybe now's the time to bring Postma back into the fold.

I wonder if this trade request has been simmering for a while, and if Trouba's camp feels that it's been the victim of Chevy's famous "patience."

kk

diehard NYI/WPG fan
Jun 29, 2007
Taiwan (from Manitoba)
I'm pretty disgusted with Trouba and his ****** agent. Boo hoo, I want to be a top-4 right-handed shot NOW! Boo hoo...
Adios! As long as Chevy gets solid value back, of course.

Easy to read between the lines despite what was said otherwise about Winnipeg, he doesn't want to play for the Jets.

Whileee

May 29, 2010

Don't forget Kane and the crappy return the Jets got for him.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
There goes our only proven top 4 defenseman under 25. Another quality for quantity deal coming up.

All part of the process, right?

Agreed, big lose. GM job is to get players signed, put them in situations to succeed. Blew this one big time, no excuses. Now see if he can do good damage control. Just lost our 2nd best dmen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad