Speculation: Trouba Contract Discussion Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I'm not speculating about Trouba wanting to play elsewhere. My post history will reveal a pattern indicating my information, including proposals to trade him.

I am speculating about Chevy making a bigger move than just Trouba, based on the stack of forwards and the need for depth on defense.

Are you expecting me to believe you have some inside information. Really?

Jetabre

Electric Ehlers
May 22, 2014
Winterpeg
Let him sit until we get a good enough trade offer or he signs a contract. Time for Morrissey to show us what he can do.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
We traded two young top 5 picks for ZERO core players. Look at the return Adam Larson fetched. We could've got a lot more for Bogosian had Chevy played that one right. Kane would have returned a top 5 pick after after scoring 30.

I don't think Bogo's trade value was anywhere near Larsson's, based on a variety of considerations. I'll leave it at that.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Seems like a good guy, clear minded, well spoken, seems to love the city and fans, but managment/coaching is holding him back

jiho

Apr 30, 2012
Last season, I felt the Ladd distraction was the major reason for our disaster of a season. If this Trouba situation drags on, it could lead to another distraction leading to another right off season. I want to see this team start making decisions for this team to take a step forward. Chevy should of know this was coming and hope he is prepared to move to get this resolved quickly either with a signing or trade.

Unholy goalie

Jul 11, 2011
Maloney showed how you do it. You draw a line in the sand. You refuse to trade him. You force him to sign a team friendly deal. If he doesn't he can go play in europe.

You don't trade him now.

This.

Let him sit now until the end of November. Unless someone is willing to pay full price right away, Chevy is in no rush to trade. Let him sit. There will be teams who realize before Dec 1st that they need help on D, so it is in Chevy's interest to wait here.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011

can you pull up the quote from a few days back when trouba said he wanted to be in winnipeg please? :)

I have no doubt Trouba wants to play on the right side. That doesn't mean he gets to dictate that to the team or that Chevy has to give him whatever he asks for to stay.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
You ever heard of waiting for a return you want?

Ok so your saying Chevy had zero exceptable trades in the last two years but suddenly now after demanding a trade and not under contract Trouba will suddenly land Chevy his dream return?

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
Then they should of traded him before now. Trading him now doesn't help increase his return

I like you as a poster.

All due respect but your comment above comes off as a bit disingenuous. They couldn't just ship Trouba in June while Myers was under the knife and with no clarity as to his return.

You also have no idea yet as to how the timing will impact the return. Teams will line up to trade for a young RD with upside like Trouba.

WinnipegWinter*

Dec 4, 2011
Winnipeg
A GM's job is to not have his roster decisions shaped or dictated by an external force such as the agent of a player that is an RFA. The Jets know more about this player than do those of us posting on message-boards. Perhaps this is as much a case of the Jets moving on from the player as it as it is about Trouba moving on from the Jets?

That would be the dumbest way for management to move on from a top tier asset

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
I'm saying I did. I'm not expecting you to believe me, for various reasons.

No offence but never met you, likely never will......you know how people on this forum claim to have "information"? :laugh:

Skiffer55

Logan Stanley's Cup
Jun 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
We traded two young top 5 picks for ZERO core players. Look at the return Adam Larsson fetched. We could've got a lot more for Bogosian had Chevy played that one right. Kane would have returned a top 5 pick after after scoring 30.

You're way off man but we'll agree to disagree. Kane has only increased his value in Buffalo, eh?

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
That was be the dumbest way for management to move on from a top tier asset

How would you compare this to the Drouin saga?

There, as we all know, Stevie Y stood firm, while restless superstar-in-waiting JD sat out, took flak, pouted briefly in the minors then got his shot, took it and learned to love the Lightning.

Any chance of such a happy ending here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad