Speculation: Trouba Contract Discussion Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
There goes our only proven top 4 defenseman under 25. Another quality for quantity deal coming up.

All part of the process, right?

If the dude doesn't want to be here he doesn't want to be here and no process can correct that, it sucks but it is what it is.

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
I could actually see a big trade with the ducks. They're in a bit of a pickle capwise and need young forward talent

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
It was more than position and role. You can trust me on that.

There will be a lineup of teams interested. Chevy will get good value. I think he's looking for more than just fair value and might want to use this as a way to reshape and rebalance the roster and talent pool.

Your speculating only, sorry means nothing.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
What's the rule for an rfa playing in Europe ? Is there any difference to the jets if he plays there or sits out?

He can sign with anyone outside the NHL. He's a free agent. The Jets retain his rights.

If he misses the NHL season. It delays his UFA by one year. It would be costly in many ways.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
and you aren't right? lol

I'm basing my comments on statements, not pure speculation.

[mod]Instead of being played bottom pairing or in position that puts him at disadvantage for his next contract (big UFA contract). Good move from Trouba POV to demand trade otherwise hurts his future. Sitting out not so good move

Last edited by a moderator:

AWSAA

Sep 8, 2003
Don't forget Kane and the crappy return the Jets got for him.

We traded two young top 5 picks for ZERO core players. Look at the return Adam Larsson fetched. We could've got a lot more for Bogosian had Chevy played that one right. Kane would have returned a top 5 pick after after scoring 30.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
Larson nets hall. What does trouba get? Especially if you add one of petan Lowry copp deleo armia Dano roslovic etc.

Oilers overpaid b/c desperate GM and team. Not so sure Chevy gets so lucky

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
Agreed, big lose. GM job is to get players signed, put them in situations to succeed. Blew this one big time, no excuses. Now see if he can do good damage control. Just lost our 2nd best dmen

A GM's job is to not have his roster decisions shaped or dictated by an external force such as the agent of a player that is an RFA. The Jets know more about this player than do those of us posting on message-boards. Perhaps this is as much a case of the Jets moving on from the player as it as it is about Trouba moving on from the Jets?

R3DDRAG0N

Beaver Mafia
Aug 25, 2013
Winnipeg
Just information I had received from people who would know, indicated that Trouba wanted to play somewhere else.

Yes, I don't care what has "officially" been stated, the City/lifestyle are a Major factor, top pairing, Right side is a smoke screen.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I am really starting to wonder if Overhardt has one move. If a GM doesn't bite on his contract ask he pulls the hold out card. If I'm Chevy I weight as long as it takes to get the deal he's looking for.

This really could cost Trouba a lot of cash. Chevy may be inclined to wait until December in order to force Trouba to ink a deal.

Well Josh here is your chance. Take the ball and run with it!

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011

A lot of butt hurt jets fans just blaming Trouba for just wanting to play his position what's so bad about that? Instead of being played bottom pairing or in position that puts him at disadvantage for his next contract (big UFA contract). Good move from Trouba POV to demand trade otherwise hurts his future. Sitting out not so good move

what statements? The statements his agent made? LOL...come on! For all you know trouba wanted 8 mil a year for 5 years to stay. Should Chevy have done that? A lot of butt hurt Trouba fans blaming Chevy for blowing it when they have no real idea what was going on behind the scenes...

Last edited by a moderator:

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Your speculating only, sorry means nothing.

I'm not speculating about Trouba wanting to play elsewhere. My post history will reveal a pattern indicating my information, including proposals to trade him.

I am speculating about Chevy making a bigger move than just Trouba, based on the stack of forwards and the need for depth on defense.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg

[mod]Instead of being played bottom pairing or in position that puts him at disadvantage for his next contract (big UFA contract). Good move from Trouba POV to demand trade otherwise hurts his future. Sitting out not so good move

Only upset cause his mom is running negotiations. Not Jacob.

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
We traded two young top 5 picks for 0 core players. Bogosian could've fetched an Adam Larson like return had Chevy played that one right. Kane should have returned another top 5 pick.

I don't really care what their draft position was. It becomes irrelevant once we see them as NHL player.
As for whether we could have gotten an Adam Larson deal for Bogo I don't know. Maybe, but its hard to say that with certainty.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
A GM's job is to not have his roster decisions shaped or dictated by an external force such as the agent of a player that is an RFA. The Jets know more about this player than do those of us posting on message-boards. Perhaps this is as much a case of the Jets moving on from the player as it as it is about Trouba moving on from the Jets?

Then they should of traded him before now. Trading him now doesn't help increase his return

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg

Bang on times two. You nailed it. My posts will get deleted, you said what I'm thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia