Speculation: Trouba Contract Discussion Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013
I think Chevy has been taking offers on Trouba for some time... since before the draft. He's waiting for the right trade, or maybe working on something bigger and wants to see how the roster shakes out before trading a forward or two.

This is a very likely explanation....I think chevy can handle this...unfortunate but not a back breaking development by any means.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Jets statement:

“We are aware of the statement issued by Kurt Overhardt regarding Jacob Trouba.

Over the last three seasons, Jacob Trouba has played a key role for the Winnipeg Jets and in our view still represents an important part of the long-term future of our club. As such, any decisions made regarding Jacob Trouba will be made in the best interest of the Winnipeg Jets Hockey Club.

As an unsigned player, we cannot compel Jacob to report to training camp at this time. However, we will continue to work diligently to resolve this matter. We will have no further comment on this matter until such time as it is resolved.â€

Handled perfectly.

AWSAA

Sep 8, 2003
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1617973&page=8

^ Thread's a gem.

My favorite:

"We have a budding superstar in our mix in Jacob Trouba. Yesterday, Mr Trouba sent out a tweet congratulating Stuart on the contract, and expressing his happiness that he will be a Jet for the next 4 years.

We are going to want to lock Trouba up for the majority of his career. Yesterday, our management sent a message to Jacob, that this organization recognizes hard work, dedication and professionalism. Chevy offered a fair to over fair contract to a leader that Jacob looks up to.

This type of signing has value not only in the player it was linked to, but the message it sends to the dressing room, and the culture that it breeds.

Play hard, work hard, and we will make you part of this team and family. Trouba saw that yesterday. And even though money will talk when it comes contract time, yesterday Jacob has a more positive view of this team's management than he had the previous day.

You let Stuart walk, Jacob says nothing.

His perception of this team though, that may be pushed south and come contract time, Jacob may not have any feelings of loyalty to this franchise that warrants signing here long term."

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
I have no problem with Trouba asking for a trade because he wants to play on the right side.

This is no different than if the Jets went to Buff and told Buff you were going to make him play forward next season....Buff would ask for a trade 1 second after you told him.

The player only has one chance at a career and they want to play where they are comfortable.

The only concern we should now have is what we get in return.

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
I'm with Whileee.

Trouba likely gets packaged up with others in a move to further shift team culture here. Hopefully a trade is worked with teams like Tampa or Anaheim for example, teams with more NHL players at current than either their roster-size or budgets can handle, respectively.

Trouba can still be creatively moved for more than just simply prospects. The Jets aren't looking to take a step back now.

cctyler

Apr 7, 2012
I accidentally posted this in trade rumours but.....
This has nothing to do with the right side. It was rumoured weeks ago that he AND his parents wanted him to play for a team in the USA.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
Personally I think Trouba checked out after his first season. I never thought of him as a high character guy like Scheifele or Wheeler. Maybe he'd be happier playing with his old buddies like Bogo or Kane.
I'm not really upset about him leaving as I was never sure he'd progress much further. Not from lack of talent though.
If Chevy gets a decent return it might be good for us in the long term.
Not a cool move by Trouba and his team.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
No surprise this is public when training camp starts. Trouba doesn't want to miss any games (and pay days). He still holds no leverage though, so I don't think there will be a big rush.

Only thing he has going is at some point Wpg needs to be competitive. Starting Enstrom Morrisey Stuart down the left side is small and not good. There is pressure on Chevy as well

gbill2004*

Sep 23, 2011
From my perspective this is what I've always wanted. I'm not a Trouba fan and think he's overrated. I'll be glad when he's traded.

Are there any teams who might be looking to trade a young LHD?

meedle

May 17, 2011
Winnipeg
Interesting Friedman just said the trade request came in May. When there are rumors floating around. Where there is smoke there is fire. People were downplaying it.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Handled perfectly.

Yes, from a PR perspective.

Am I the only one who thought that the Jets might run into this issue from time to time (core player decides he wants to play elsewhere)? I think Chevy and Chipman know it, and it affects a lot of the strategy and decisions they make. I indicated that in many ways Laine might be a better fit for the Jets, because he might be more likely to see a long term home in Winnipeg than Matthews. This is a reality of Winnipeg, not just in pro hockey. Successful organizations need to have strategies for attracting and retaining the right talent, and making adjustments along the way.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I accidentally posted this in trade rumours but.....
This has nothing to do with the right side. It was rumoured weeks ago that he AND his parents wanted him to play for a team in the USA.

If true what kind of 22 year old lets their parents dictate where they play? When I was 18 I was out that door so fast. Maybe he wants to go play for the Wings so his mommy can cook and clean for him.

Moe Mantha

Aug 8, 2008
Winnipeg, MB, CANADA
okay. this is chevy's real test.

I feel like this quote gets pulled out every month or three.

Track Suit Shower-Gate. this is chevy's real test.
Drafting Laine or Pulljarvi. this is chevy's real test.
Ladd & Buff contracts. this is chevy's real test.
Trouba negotiations. No THIS is chevy's real test.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino