Speculation: Trouba Contract Discussion Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Chevy and P Mo hold some blame here. This should never of gotten to the point that Troba went public with his demands IMO.

Sanheim or Nurse will be my guessing as returns.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
You're right, they should've traded an rfa a year ago :help:

Follow the posts. Poster claimed Chevy traded for Myers b/c Chevy knew Trouba didn't want to stay long term. If that true why wait till now. Dumb move

meedle

May 17, 2011
Winnipeg
Not surprising at all. The signs were all there.. Buff being signed, locking out Trouba on the right side for at least 3 years. Overhardt and his playbook. I knew we should be taking offers for him during the summer.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Why don't they just play Myers on 3rd line? Sigh...

They are not going to promise that to anyone. They shouldn't. It doesn't work that way. The GM puts the team together and the coach uses the players as he sees fit. The tail doesn't wag the dog.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Hate to say I told you to but I told you so

and it has nothing to do with the Coach or management either and that is all I will say about that

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Chevy and P Mo hold some blame here. This should never of gotten to the point that Troba went public with his demands IMO.

what should Chevy have done to avoid it? Assuming nobody made him an offer he felt was worth trading for and Trouba was asking way too much to stay, what should Chevy have done?

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011

Agreed, a lot of blame on coach and GM. Just lost our 2nd best D.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
How would you compare this to the Drouin saga?

There, as we all know, Stevie Y stood firm, while restless superstar-in-waiting JD sat out, took flak, pouted briefly in the minors then got his shot, took it and learned to love the Lightning.

Any chance of such a happy ending here?

I think that one is a bit different. That was more about them not giving him top minutes 6 minutes when he thought he deserved it. Trouba is already in the top 4. He just can't play his natural position because Buff and Myers are on the left side.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
No offence but never met you, likely never will......you know how people on this forum claim to have "information"? :laugh:

You have every right to be skeptical of the veracity of what i post. That doesn't mean that I'll post without considering information I have received. I thought the Jets might trade Trouba at the draft, though I thought it was not a good time (draft picks are overvalued then). I wondered whether public pronouncements of both sides having an interest in a long term deal might have meant that they had patched things up or Trouba had reconsidered. Evidently not.

I think a strong case could be made that Chevy should have traded Trouba before now. We'll know when we see how this plays out.

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
I am really starting to wonder if Overhardt has one move. If a GM doesn't bite on his contract ask he pulls the hold out card. If I'm Chevy I weight as long as it takes to get the deal he's looking for.

This really could cost Trouba a lot of cash. Chevy may be inclined to wait until December in order to force Trouba to ink a deal.

Well Josh here is your chance. Take the ball and run with it!

Agree 200% not like we are gonna make a playoff run.... Time to punish trouba and overhardt

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
what should Chevy have done to avoid it? Assuming nobody made him an offer he felt was worth trading for and Trouba was asking way too much to stay, what should Chevy have done?

Take Taylor Hall and not be forced into this ? Made a splash for Oilers pick at the draft and drafted Pool Party. This is the worst option imo

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Jets statement:

“We are aware of the statement issued by Kurt Overhardt regarding Jacob Trouba.

Over the last three seasons, Jacob Trouba has played a key role for the Winnipeg Jets and in our view still represents an important part of the long-term future of our club. As such, any decisions made regarding Jacob Trouba will be made in the best interest of the Winnipeg Jets Hockey Club.

As an unsigned player, we cannot compel Jacob to report to training camp at this time. However, we will continue to work diligently to resolve this matter. We will have no further comment on this matter until such time as it is resolved.â€

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Not surprising at all. The signs were all there.. Buff being signed, locking out Trouba on the right side for at least 3 years. Overhardt and his playbook. I knew we should be taking offers for him during the summer.

I think Chevy has been taking offers on Trouba for some time... since before the draft. He's waiting for the right trade, or maybe working on something bigger and wants to see how the roster shakes out before trading a forward or two.

WinnipegWinter*

Dec 4, 2011
Winnipeg
How would you compare this to the Drouin saga?

There, as we all know, Stevie Y stood firm, while restless superstar-in-waiting JD sat out, took flak, pouted briefly in the minors then got his shot, took it and learned to love the Lightning.

Any chance of such a happy ending here?

If management was firm on 'moving on' from Trouba, they would have traded him before it got to this point. Winnipeg wanted to sign Trouba. Period.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Take Taylor Hall and not be forced into this ? Made a splash for Oilers pick at the draft and drafted Pool Party. This is the worst option imo

I do think we'll get a good return, but pool party would be nice right now.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
No surprise this is public when training camp starts. Trouba doesn't want to miss any games (and pay days). He still holds no leverage though, so I don't think there will be a big rush.

HPsauce

Jul 3, 2011
Winnipeg
Just let him sit. Do not buy into that crap from KO. He needs to be shown that players don't run the show. Sit him and let him rot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad