Speculation: Trouba Contract Discussion Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Maybe.
Chevy can ask whatever he wants, if no one will meet his price that hurt us. If we're going to settle for 90% of what Chevy wants, I'd rather do it now versus half way through the year.
My point was simply that Chevy was in a more advantageous position before this trade demand was known.

Perhaps. But that's not all that affects the market. I don't think public knowledge makes much of a difference. I bet every GM has known for some time that Trouba wanted out and that Chevy was looking at deals.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Maybe.
Chevy can ask whatever he wants, if no one will meet his price that hurt us. If we're going to settle for 90% of what Chevy wants, I'd rather do it now versus half way through the year.
My point was simply that Chevy was in a more advantageous position before this trade demand was known.

I just think Trouba is a premium asset that almost the entire league would want. I think there will be enough interest that Chevy isn't going to have to settle.

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013
I just saw Kate Middleton go by in the motorcade here, only to come home and be kicked by this news.

However, Chevy won't deal him unless its for the right return, and that return will be huge. Until then, let him rot.

And Kate Middleton looks really really really good.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
If he's that worried about where he lands on a depth chart and internal competition for ice time, he can GTFO. Don't want him.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Blew contract negotiations, let's see if Chevy can now get very good value and fill our need via trade.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
No rush.
Enstrom buff
Morrissey Myers
Chiarot postma
Stu

Not saying that's great but jets won't rush.

No point to rush now, sooner blow another year then get ****ed via bad trade. Our defence is going to be ugly.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Okay. So he won't play 30 min on left side on top pairing. Get rid of anyone who is above the team, he still had a top role.

I highly doubt Buff would enjoy playing on the Left Side either. Wheeler is more comfortable on the RW. These guys may switch for a few games. But I guarantee if we came into camp and told any of these guys to play a position for the entire season that they aren't comfortable with they would not like it. Not saying he is doing this the right way but he and every other player in the world prefer to play the game at a certain position and they are entitled to that.
I hated playing the RW as a right shot. Hardly ever scored there, my wrist shot was my best weapon. You throw me on the right wing and now you've maid me a lot more useless. Maybe that is how Trouba feels playing the left side.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
No point to rush now, sooner blow another year then get ****ed via bad trade. Our defence is going to be ugly.

On the plus side Morrissey has a very big opportunity to prove himself if Trouba sits out all of TC/gets traded.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
wait, wasn't Trouba all excited about us getting Laine?? Didn't he say just a couple days ago he wants to be in Winnipeg?? What's going on here...it's like you can't rust anything anyone says anymore!!!

:sarcasm:

WinnipegWinter*

Dec 4, 2011
Winnipeg
Wake up call for hfboards, I think this just proves our bias that we have for all our prospects and players assuming the best. I got grilled on here for suggesting Trouba was going to demand a trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad