Confirmed with Link: Trevor Linden steps down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grantham

Mar 28, 2017
I don’t know what to think to be honest. I love Linden more than virtually any other Canuck as a player in our entire history, maybe alongside Bure. I know he was not very good fit as President. But I find some of the comments used to describe and celebrate his downfall kind of sad.

And remember fellow Canuck fans, he was only part of the problem, the other two HUGE pieces remain. Ownership and GM. One of those two may never change.

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
Wait, according to many on this board wasn't it ownership preventing Benning and Linden from rebuilding???

I think ownership changed their minds in the past 18 months. It's surprising that Linden wouldn't be on board for a rebuild, maybe that's why he had such a hard time saying the word? I've never really been sure what deals he was involved in, perhaps Ryan Miller's contract because he was there when Miller signed it? What has Linden done recently? He always seemed like a figurehead hire to me, still riding that '94 run to glory.

Bitz and Bites

May 5, 2012
Victoria
I wish Linden well in his future endeavors and don't really blame him for wanting out if he did leave on his own terms.

That said,the whole Linden hiring should be a cautionary tale of bypassing the apprenticing part then taking on a job that you're not qualified to do and being in over your head right from the get go.Also,with no past track record to fall back on,your abilities are immediately questioned,and will continue to be,until you show positive results which never happened on Lindens watch.In fact,he presided over one of the worst eras of Canucks hockey in franchise history (which is really saying something) and with a few more years of futility ahead until things might turn around.

Hollywood Burrows

Jan 23, 2009
EAST VANCOUVER
I highly doubt this new front office arrangement will last for long. This is great day. I'm starting to imagine being able to enjoy following this team again!

And yes Trevor Linden has tarnished his legacy, and not just to HF posters. Frankly if you combine his tenure with the NHLPA and his accomplishments working in the Canucks front office he more or less comes out looking like one of the stupidest assholes in NHL history? Good riddance.

Nick1219

Mar 15, 2012
*bites tongue to avoid personal attack*

Yup. Yup. You’ve heard it here first everyone.

:help:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad