Confirmed with Link: Trevor Linden steps down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
I dont think you are understanding the situation. From reports, its Linden that was clashing heads w. Ownership as he wanted to expedite the rebuild.

I don't think you seem to understand is that all of this is simply speculation, no one here knows the actual truth to anything.

What we do know through feats is that Linden played as a yes-man for the organization to lure the fandom with hogwash on the basis of damage control, many many times. It's the same excuses and reasoning that people got fed of him.

Axing Linden overall is fantastic.

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
How does someone as unintelligent as Aquilini become so rich?

His blind faith in Benning clearly demonstrates his inability to grasp the simple concepts of logic and perspective.

At least we got rid of one of the three stooges.

Reactions: Caspian

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
I don't think you seem to understand is that all of this is simply speculation, no one here knows the actual truth to anything.

What we do know is that Linden played as a yes-man for the organization to lure the fandom with hogwash on the basis of damage control.

Axing Linden overall is fantastic.

I agree acing Linden is a good move.

But how is iy speculation when Aqualini just came out and said Linden didnt see the same view as him w. The rebuild.

He pretty much said linden didnt agree with his vision of a slow rebuild which should be a gradual process.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Aquilini could have said this all along. He's the owner of the team FFS, he can say whatever he wants.

This is just a lame attempt to sell more tickets next season, as the team is now committed to the direction fans have wanted for the last several years.

Jay Cee

P4G
May 8, 2007
Halifax
I highly doubt this new front office arrangement will last for long. This is great day. I'm starting to imagine being able to enjoy following this team again!

And yes Trevor Linden has tarnished his legacy, and not just to HF posters. Frankly if you combine his tenure with the NHLPA and his accomplishments working in the Canucks front office he more or less comes out looking like one of the stupidest *******s in NHL history? Good riddance.

He did the hockey world a big favor in union busting but that wasn't really calculated. I will always appreciate him for that.

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
I agree acing Linden is a good move.

But how is iy speculation when Aqualini just came out and said Linden didnt see the same view as him w. The rebuild.

He pretty much said linden didnt agree with his vision of a slow rebuild which should be a gradual process.

As for what Aquillini stated, that may be true to some extent, but overall we still do not know the overall picture (100 percent wise), so it's still speculation in some capacity.

When I referred to yes-man, I simply chalked through Linden's feats of luring the fandom into a brainless sense of belief for many years, so that may be why you disagreed with me there.

Wilch

Unregistered User
Mar 29, 2010
Good. Now Jimbo and Weisbrod needs to get the f*** out of here. Let's hope they don't hire another set of tire fire so I can finally start following the Canucks again.

2011 still hurts

imagine posting on a hockey forum
Feb 10, 2016
Would anyone really be surprised if we learned that Trevor was the one nixing a rebuild more than Aqua was? I'm almost 100% sure that the only reason Trevor wanted to be hired was so he could avoid tarnishing his legacy by committing to a rebuild and be the legend that brought us a cup because Gillis couldn't. It ended up blowing up in his f***ing face because of his incompetence but there's no doubt in my mind that Trevor has been advertising a "re-tool over rebuild!!!!" since his opening interview with the owners.

f*** you Trevor. You'll always be herald as one of the greatest Canuck legends but holy f*** are you a goddamn idiot when it comes to management. Good riddance

Jay Cee

P4G
May 8, 2007
Halifax
Would anyone really be surprised if we learned that Trevor was the one nixing a rebuild more than Aqua was? I'm almost 100% sure that the only reason Trevor wanted to be hired was so he could avoid tarnishing his legacy by committing to a rebuild and be the legend that brought us a cup because Gillis couldn't. It ended up blowing up in his ****ing face because of his incompetence but there's no doubt in my mind that Trevor has been advertising a "re-tool over rebuild!!!!" since his opening interview with the owners.

**** you Trevor. You'll always be herald as one of the greatest Canuck legends but holy **** are you a goddamn idiot when it comes to management. Good riddance

Guaranteed the mandate comes right down from ownership.

Reactions: vadim sharifijanov

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
When the organization inked Jim "Chief Clancy Wiggum" Benning for extension, I was...disheartened to say the least.

I stopped posting here, but I still look up stuff every now and then. Nothing surprising, still people thinking Benning is the Chuck Norris of hockey GM's.

With Linden's departure, I see a shred of hope.

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
Would anyone really be surprised if we learned that Trevor was the one nixing a rebuild more than Aqua was? I'm almost 100% sure that the only reason Trevor wanted to be hired was so he could avoid tarnishing his legacy by committing to a rebuild and be the legend that brought us a cup because Gillis couldn't. It ended up blowing up in his ****ing face because of his incompetence but there's no doubt in my mind that Trevor has been advertising a "re-tool over rebuild!!!!" since his opening interview with the owners.

**** you Trevor. You'll always be herald as one of the greatest Canuck legends but holy **** are you a goddamn idiot when it comes to management. Good riddance

When it comes to Canuck legends, I wouldn't even put him in the top 3 tbh. Sedin/Sedin/Bure have him beat. Might even add Luongo.

Reactions: Caspian
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad