hi

Sell sell sell
May 23, 2008
VAPaL9u.jpg

Stop

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
Aquilini could have said this all along. He's the owner of the team FFS, he can say whatever he wants.

This is just a lame attempt to sell more tickets next season, as the team is now committed to the direction fans have wanted for the last several years.
I very much doubt it. The hardcore fans who wanted Linden out do not comprise the thousands needed to fill the arena nightly. I don't think letting Linden go works at all as an attempt to sell more tickets. It is surely more of a conflict at the top. This is a fine move (and I still love Linden the player) but I am more concerned that we are getting a Jerry Jones-like situation here, with the owner believing he is capable of making genuine hockey decisions.

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Wow did not see this coming.

So many variables now, I think Benning is in the hot seat as a new president will most likely want his own guys.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Sekeres is going off right now, Basically saying it's jim benning who f***ed everything up and linden has been wanting a rebuild for awhile.

Sekeres:
Linden I know for a fact at the start went to jim because he was experienced, but after he got the hang out of the NHL, He started to want to do more things his way, more focused on youth and a rebuild, and jim benning wanted to go in a different route.
(paraphrasing)

Crazy!

VibinCanuck

No doubt about it, I am ready to get hurt again
Sep 13, 2014
Vancouver
Benning reporting directly to ownership now?

No way that Pejorative Slur lasts the year, LOL.

Best move of the off-season by far. Just hire someone experienced and competent (Ron Francis could work)

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Lets take it easy on Linden here. He was never qualified for that job. Guy has been a class act his entire career and deserves respect for that

In my eyes, it doesn't work like that.

If I've donated 10 mil dollars every month to every charity on the planet, I still have no excuse to go to a bar and stab someone to death without consequence.

Linden's tenure has president has really showed me a side of him I never thought he had - dishonest, arrogant, and delusional.

I still remember how this side ways asshole implied that the fans knew nothing and how Granlund is Bergeron.

Bgav

We Stylin'
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2009
Vancouver
Sekeres is going off right now, Basically saying it's jim benning who ****ed everything up and linden has been wanting a rebuild for awhile.

Sekeres: (paraphrasing)

Crazy!

This is still the first step to get benning out of here

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
If Benning has any common sense, he would resign as well. His biggest supporter in the FO just left.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Sekeres is going off right now, Basically saying it's jim benning who ****ed everything up and linden has been wanting a rebuild for awhile.

Sekeres: (paraphrasing)

Crazy!

Not surprising. Ownership had been clashing with Gillis too. I don't agree with some celebrating here, I don't think Trev is the bad guy in this.

May 31, 2006
This is FANTASTIC news. Hopefully we get a serious qualified president who can supervise Benning properly.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
I would love it if we could hire some management who haven't played for the team. Not saying former players cannot be good at the job, but we need to break away from the nepotism club. It has not worked for us.

Reactions: pomorick

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
Sedin, Sedin, and Linden are in a three-way tie for first IMO. Then Bure and Luongo.

Linden is number 4 or 5 for me as of now.

My rankings on the top 5 overall greatest Canucks as of now :

1)Henrik Sedin
2)Daniel Sedin
3)Pavel Bure
4)5)Roberto Luongo/Trevor Linden
Hm: Markus Naslund, Kirk McLean.

Sometimes I have McLean over Luongo, other days I have Luongo over McLean.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Cody Hodgson can be our dubas

he created advanced corsi after retirement

also young blood, only 28. Same age when Dubas started and same age as Chayka

#coho4pres

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad