Confirmed with Link: Trevor Linden steps down

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATypicalCanadian

Apr 30, 2015
Canada
I'm going to be very cautious about this until we see who replaces Linden as President, but hopefully all the heat is on Benning. When we do get a new President of Hockey Ops he's going to be swift and kick out Benning plus Weisbrod and guys like Delorme.

Giving Benning full and direct access to ownership scares me though

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
Linden was probably the biggest blemish in this organization, but giving Benning full power is pretty scary, silver lining might be that if a new president comes in, good chance Benning isn't around for very long.

drax0s

Mar 18, 2014
Vancouver, BC.
Woooow. Did not expect something like this until at least mid season, and I expected Benning to be the one getting heat. Benning's done this season. There's no way he can fend off Aquilini's inquiries into why the team will be out of a playoff position by Christmas.

Very weird timing though. He either has something going on family-wise or the shit-storm after our FA signings really got to him.

JumpierPegasus

Mar 3, 2011
Abbotsford, BC
Okay good to hear from Aqua that we might be getting a new president. They better not put Benning in charge, but instead a guy who will push Benning a little bit instead of being blindly a fan of his like Linden was

Cautiously optimistic

drax0s

Mar 18, 2014
Vancouver, BC.
Linden was probably the biggest blemish in this organization, but giving Benning full power is pretty scary, silver lining might be that if a new president comes in, good chance Benning isn't around for very long.
I can almost guarantee that Benning will not have carte blanche to do whatever he wants. Everything will have to be run by Aquilini.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
As soon as anyone remotely competent gets in the door they'll wipe out Benning and Weisbrod.

Unfortunately, Aquilini is the real problem and seems to be ghost managing the team himself.

It won't take much for ownership to change their time without Linden smoothing things over though.

Reactions: Caspian

DS7

Oct 9, 2013
Vancouver, BC

tumblr_inline_p0r9zllgmJ1unbg6n_500.gif

tumblr_inline_p0r9uni5611unbg6n_500.gif

Tryforthekingdom

Nov 15, 2015
Interesting in the statement that Benning will "continue that momentum in the months ahead" (emphasis mine). An optimistic reading of that would be that Benning has a very short leash now but who knows. I also wonder about the rumour that Benning only got an extension after Linden threatened to quit.

Reactions: thefeebster and WTG
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad