Training camp opens in approx. 3 weeks, who makes the cut?

Basilisk

Aug 5, 2012
I know that's not very sexy/exciting as we're hoping for Byfield, kaliyev, etc. but with so much upheaval and the WJCs I can't imagine some guys walking into a pro season without a training camp unless there's an extended taxi squad/black aces scenario for the whole season, nor can I imagine burning a year of ELC on a weird ass half-season....

These are my thoughts exactly, though I'd put Turcotte into the Byfield & Kaliyev camp, maybe with Fagemo, too.

PumperNichol

Sep 2, 2007
Things are looking up and excited we're mere days away. You covered everyone well...and just add Tyler Madden, Aidan Dudas and Cole Hults to the Ontario list.
I say in 2 years, no one would deal Tyler Madden for Tyler Toffoli! Heck, maybe even months from now. The Kings got the best Tyler in that deal Plus, the second rd one this
past draft. Was that pick the one traded, to move up for Faber? Anyone?

Yeah trade looks like Toffoli, 2020 2nd rounder (50th overall), 2020 4th round pick (97th overall) for Brock Faber and Tyler Madden.

Haven't seen Madden except for highlights and obviously people are high on him. I have watched all of Faber's games this season and he really impressed me. Looks like a solid top 4 D.

That trade could be huge for the Kings going forward. Would be nice if the other traded 2nd round pick turns into a home run..Lias Anderson. Crap, I'd be happy with a triple!

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Yeah trade looks like Toffoli, 2020 2nd rounder (50th overall), 2020 4th round pick (97th overall) for Brock Faber and Tyler Madden.

Haven't seen Madden except for highlights and obviously people are high on him. I have watched all of Faber's games this season and he really impressed me. Looks like a solid top 4 D.

That trade could be huge for the Kings going forward. Would be nice if the other traded 2nd round pick turns into a home run..Lias Anderson. Crap, I'd be happy with a triple!

Faber looks ridiculously good. So solid. Like Chris Tanev good. It's not common for a freshman to be so unflappable.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
I automatically always lean towards not burning a year off an ELC in what will be a non-playoff team regardless but the issue of these guys having nowhere to play is worrisome. Still, they are going to need to be legit ready in order to go past the six game mark and lose a year off of the ELC.

Reactions: BlackMetalED

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
Faber looks ridiculously good. So solid. Like Chris Tanev good. It's not common for a freshman to be so unflappable.
Can't wait to see LA's prospects and the 2021 future prospects in this tournament!Let the games begin!Anyone watching the USA vs Finland game tonight?Turcotte,Kaliyev,Faber and Simontaival...the future looks bright,gotta wear shades...sorry if someone posted earlier but its going to fun being a Kings fan again...wishing for Christmas some scoring wingers to come to the forefront at this 2020-21 Tourny!!!

Reactions: BlackMetalED

SufferingSelfCreated

Apr 5, 2020
Can't wait to see LA's prospects and the 2021 future prospects in this tournament!Let the games begin!Anyone watching the USA vs Finland game tonight?Turcotte,Kaliyev,Faber and Simontaival...the future looks bright,gotta wear shades...sorry if someone posted earlier but its going to fun being a Kings fan again...wishing for Christmas some scoring wingers to come to the forefront at this 2020-21 Tourny!!!

Super excited. Especially since they only have 1 warm up,they will be treating this almost like a real game.

Reactions: andys

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
I’d lean toward Lias making the team over Moore just because they need to decide if they need to protect him come expansion time. And part of me hopes somebody can knock Kempe out of that 2nd line position.
I'm thinking the Kings want to protect 8 skaters and Petersen! With 4F and 4D...Kopi,Kempe,Yafallo, and ...with Doughty,Walker,Roy and either Maatta or Clague...Seattle is going to take a Forward from the Kings...Amadio has ties to Ronnie Francis so I pick him...Lias Andersson is going to play 3rd-4th line for the Kings I believe.He''ll be in a dog fight with Grundstrom for 3rd line position at LWing. I think Kempe is good enough to play 2nd line and perhaps 1st line with Kopi-Star...There will be a lot changes coming with retirements,competitions at the forward ranks

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Looking at the roster, I think the following players are locks

Kopitar
Brown
Carter
Iafallo
Kempe

Doughty
Maata
Walker
Roy

Peterson
Quick

These guys have a spot barring injury

Vilardi
Frk
MacDermid

So that’s 7 forwards and 5 D, leaving 5 skaters up front and 1 in back for starting spots. Plus 3 additional spots to round out the roster.

I’d rank the following players for the remaining spots. This is mostly based on ahl start date, nhl experience and pro contract status.

L. Anderson
Lizotte
Wagner
Amadio
Moore

M. Anderson

Extras...
JAD
Luff
Clague

Now afaik, the taxi squad is 4 players with one a goalie. I think we should sign a guy like Jimmy Howard as a third string goalie on a 1 year cheap deal. He can join Ontario at some point. For the remaining 3 taxi squad guys, I’m picking...

Kaliyev
Byfield
Spence

With the OHL season up in the air, keeping these prospects with the Kings is a better development option versus sending them overseas. If the OHL plays, then they can return and be replaced by AHL prospects who have hopefully made a case for the big club.

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Looking at the roster, I think the following players are locks

Kopitar
Brown
Carter
Iafallo
Kempe

Doughty
Maata
Walker
Roy

Peterson
Quick

These guys have a spot barring injury

Vilardi
Frk
MacDermid

So that’s 7 forwards and 5 D, leaving 5 skaters up front and 1 in back for starting spots. Plus 3 additional spots to round out the roster.

I’d rank the following players for the remaining spots. This is mostly based on ahl start date, nhl experience and pro contract status.

L. Anderson
Lizotte
Wagner
Amadio
Moore

M. Anderson

Extras...
JAD
Luff
Clague

Now afaik, the taxi squad is 4 players with one a goalie. I think we should sign a guy like Jimmy Howard as a third string goalie on a 1 year cheap deal. He can join Ontario at some point. For the remaining 3 taxi squad guys, I’m picking...

Kaliyev
Byfield
Spence

With the OHL season up in the air, keeping AK and QB with the Kings is a better development option versus sending them overseas. If the OHL plays, then they can return and be replaced by AHL prospects who have hopefully made a case for the big club.

PumperNichol

Sep 2, 2007

Yeah and the announcers were gushing over him.

For me, I have to temper expectations just a bit realizing I'm watching someone play in college and not the AHL, KHL, SHL, Liga etc. but, If you've watched and played hockey as long as I have you can see the subtleties of a player that sets him apart.

I was pretty impressed watching Faber, like Spence. I have a hard time jumping on a D bandwagon until I see them myself after all the hype about Jack Johnson and Clague. I can't remember being more disappointed watching a player as I was watching Clague in the 18 World Junior Championships. All that hype and his D was atrocious..

I don't care how much offensive upside you have as a D if you can't play defense. This is what scares me about Grans. Pretty high pick to take on a huge project like that. Time will tell.

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019

For me, I have to temper expectations just a bit realizing I'm watching someone play in college and not the AHL, KHL, SHL, Liga etc. but, If you've watched and played hockey as long as I have you can see the subtleties of a player that sets him apart.

I was pretty impressed watching Faber, like Spence. I have a hard time jumping on a D bandwagon until I see them myself after all the hype about Jack Johnson and Clague. I can't remember being more disappointed watching a player as I was watching Clague in the 18 World Junior Championships. All that hype and his D was atrocious..

I don't care how much offensive upside you have as a D if you can't play defense. This is what scares me about Grans. Pretty high pick to take on a huge project like that. Time will tell.
Looking forward to watching all the Kings prospects...As far as Grans...well you can teach defense but not Offense

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020

I'm not so sure i'd call Grans a "huge" project -- huge seems overkill a bit. But here's the thing, if his D was more developed at this time, he would have gone mid-1st round and outside of our reaches. So that's what you get in a 2nd round D -- either undeveloped D, underdeveloped O or simply undersized. We have plenty of the other two in our system. So getting a bigtime offensive Dman project is what we need. Further, this system can easily take that chance since we're overflowing with prospects. IMO, he was the perfect pick at that spot and a great one at that. Whether he develops into an NHL player...time will tell. But i for one loved the pick.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
I know our prospects need time to grow and all that crap, but it's so enticing bringing some of these guys up now.

Turcotte - Kopitar - Brown
Kempe - Vilardi - Fagemo
Iafallo - Andersson - Carter
Wagner - Lizotte - Grundstrom

Bjornfot - Doughty
Anderson - Roy
Maatta - Walker

Petersen
Quick

Reactions: Ghetty Green

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
I know our prospects need time to grow and all that crap, but it's so enticing bringing some of these guys up now.

Kempe - Vilardi - Fagemo

Bjornfot - Doughty
Anderson - Roy
Maatta - Walker

Petersen
Quick

I really like the look of that...would be even better if we could squeeze Kaliyev in there too.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
I really like the look of that...would be even better if we could squeeze Kaliyev in there too.

After watching last night's WJC game, I just don't think Kaliyev is ready. Turcotte and Fagemo play hard and look like they're ready for the NHL. I'd love to see Byfield and Kaliyev go to the Reign to work with Wroblewski, if the news about potentially skipping juniors this year is true.

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
Coach TM was on Mayors Podcast with Hoven/Bernstein.

Todd has Kempe-Vilardi-Frk on the second line and Moore or Wagner-Lizotte-Carter on the 3rd line.

He said the 4th line is Amadio and then tons of competition. I assume he also means one of Moore or Wagner (whoever isn’t on the 3rd line) will drop down. So really there is one wing spot open. I assume Luff or Grundstrom take that spot based on waiver eligibility of the rest of the players.

Docgonzo

Triple Crown Line
Jan 9, 2010
Chino, Ca

Kempe - Vilardi - Fagemo

Bjornfot - Doughty
Anderson - Roy
Maatta - Walker

Petersen
Quick

Im all for this lineup minus Turcotte, think he still needs time to get used to a much more physical game vs men. Fagemo and Andersson have played in NHL/Men’s leagues in Europe and Anderson and a Bjornfot spent time in AHL/NHL last year.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00