Training camp opens in approx. 3 weeks, who makes the cut?

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Athanasiou-Lizotte-Carter is interesting. Was wondering who they were gonna trot out as C when Carter mentioned yesterday he was connected with AA.

Kinda like two 3rd lines though unless one really blows up, but at least there's some scoring depth there

All The Kings Men

Apr 7, 2016
I'm assuming that Iafallo-Kopitar-Brown will be a thing for most of the season and then some combo of

Vilardi, Kempe, Carter, Lizotte, Frk, Andersson, Wagner, Grundstrom, Amadio, Moore, Luff and Athanasiou will rotate around the "bottom" three lines, the healthy scratch spots and the Taxi Squad

I get why people are paying attention to waivers eligibility, age and experience level and I'm sure those factors will be taken into account but in a season where you're obliged to carry at least 3 extra skaters on the taxi squad and there's an expansion draft coming at the end of a condensed schedule I don't see how they can avoid putting guys on waivers multiple times. I think you just have to cross your fingers and hope that most teams have their own transactions to worry about.

Plus I'm sure every team has their own version of bubble players.

Token

May 15, 2019
A few stragglers aside (Amadio, Luff) this season can be summed up with:

Kopi and the middle-6 dozen.

Sooner or later we gonna need some true top-line wing talent, be it the kids or trades.

tbrown33

Jun 22, 2019
How's Kupari? Any shot at the roster this year?

He’s healthy but will be in the AHL for most (likely all) of the year. Always a chance he gets a rotation into the lineup but a cup of coffee at most.

SufferingSelfCreated

Apr 5, 2020

Looks like the young guys(WJC) won't be available for camp. They have to go through the full 8 day protocol. I assume they will be traveling with the team though.

ibleedkings

Rob Fake
Jul 19, 2004
Santa Clarita
Very frustrating re our prospects coming in from the WJC. It sounded like they had a plan to get them into camp and now that's changed. Sounds like the Kings are confused about the protocols unfortunately.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
A few stragglers aside (Amadio, Luff) this season can be summed up with:

Kopi and the middle-6 dozen.

Sooner or later we gonna need some true top-line wing talent, be it the kids or trades.

When it's no longer Kopi and the ____, that's when the Kings will be ready.

Reactions: Token

Flynn84

Apr 27, 2006
Vilardi, Kempe, Carter, Lizotte, Frk, Andersson, Wagner, Grundstrom, Amadio, Moore, Luff and Athanasiou will rotate around the "bottom" three lines, the healthy scratch spots and the Taxi Squad
So no Byfield this season? Or Turcotte (it's even less likely, I guess).

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
So no Byfield this season? Or Turcotte (it's even less likely, I guess).
If we do, it's extremely unlikely they will play more than 6 NHL games. Since they are under 20 years old, both of their contracts can slide another year before they start their 3-year ELC, which is wise management from a contract perspective. The longer you control the talent, the better.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Based on what I saw from them in the WJC, Turcotte seems much more NHL-ready than Byfield. We might be lucky in that the OHL seems most likely to be cancelled, which would mean Byfield and Kaliyev could join Wroblewski with the Reign. If this is still truly a learning/growing year with no expectatons, I definitely wouldn't mind all of the kids getting six games in to give them a taste of what NHL competition is like and how much work they still need to put in. Even third or fourth line minutes would be great. With 56 games this season, we could give 11 prospects 5 games in the NHL and have a rookie out there every night. I'm sure these kids wouldn't mind a bit of an NHL salary either.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Any chance eyssimont even makes the bandwagon or whatever it's called?

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Any chance eyssimont even makes the bandwagon or whatever it's called?

I like 'bandwagon' better than 'taxi squad' :laugh:

I guess there's a chance but I think they want him playing more. I would argue he's either roster full time (longshot but he's got a chance, coach speaking favorably) or Ontario full time.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
So, Andersson isn't expected to make opening night roster?

Could be a victim of numbers. Luff and Grundstrom have reportedly have really good camps, and both are not waiver-exempt where Andersson is. Since Andersson has a lot of pro experience, wouldn't surprise me if he was first man up and on the taxi squad ready to jump in due to C-19 protocols at a moments notice.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Kings4thecup

Aug 16, 2010
Sacramento, CA
If Byfield and Turcotte open in Ontario, how does that affect their contract? Does that count as a year if they're playing pro? Or do they get an AHL contract?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->