Boston Bruins Training Camp 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
really like this guy. team is incredibly deep in bottom 6 guys, but IMO he can play regularly
in the league.

I know the third line was good last playoffs with 3 second line type guys but I kind of like the idea of 2 loaded scoring lines and 2 gritty sandpaper checking lines. Especially in the postseason even though I know everyone wants balanced scoring yada yada yada...

rickizbruin

Feb 7, 2010
ONTARIO
I really believe studnicka has a chance to make the opening day roster as a winger. I know many people have their doubts. Even I do because I think kuhlman and bjork have the inside track, so to speak. However I really do think studnicka is going to make it extremely tough for BC and management to not find a way to get him ice time from the start.
watched all three prospects games in buffalo.. i agree.. this kid was the best player on the ice.

Reactions: bbfan419

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
I probably say this every year but Cehlarik looked good and his skating was solid

Need to see real action on twitter this but he’s a beast

Kuhlman has it just something about him - somehow he will end up being a regular
Agree on Kuhlman. He is a Bruin. If he surprises with a little more offence he will be quite the find. Tons of character. He will be at his best in big games.

Reactions: bbfan419

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
How was Senyshyn, Steen, Asselin, Andersson, Keyser.
Senyshyn had a good day,not as good as Bjork but close
Steen showed why he's a sneaky dark horse to make the roster
Asselin,I at first dismissed him as Atlanta fodder,he'll make Providence's opening night roster if he keeps it up
Andersson was hit or miss,there were drills where it looked easy for him then in others he showed how green he really is,I'd like to see Management treat him like an NCAA player and give him the time without pressure,Moncton will be good for him.
Keyser like the rest of the goalies looked good and saw lots of rubber

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
I was curious so here is the info on Brendan Gaunce. When I read he was fast, I assumed another small forward. Not the case, maybe this will work out. Over a point a game player in his Junior days and point a game player last year in the NHL...... ok well all 3 games. Maybe a Krech winger with size. Who knows, it will probably come between Bjork, Kuhlman, maybe Seny or Stud. This guy could be the sleeper if he grabs it.

Center -- shoots L
Born Mar 25 1994 -- Sudbury, ONT
[25 yrs. ago]
Height 6.02 -- Weight 217 [188 cm/98 kg]
Drafted by Vancouver Canucks
- round 1 #26 overall 2012 NHL Entry Draft

Brendan Gaunce Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com

Gaunce was always a very good goal scorer in Junior. Did it both 5-on-5 and on the PP. Accomplished two-way player even as a teenager. IMO, his vision and soft hands/passing ability was underrated. Always found a seam that you didn't think was there and could thread a pass through the tiniest of lanes.

For whatever reason, and it happens a lot in hockey: He's done okay at the AHL level, but for whatever reason never translated to the NHL until his 3 games a season ago. I have my own thoughts on it, but hey, new city, new beginning and an opportunity to try and succeed.

Could be just what he needs or could be a "hey, we gave him a shot and he didn't cost us anything" type of guy. I wouldn't bet against him being the former rather then the latter. It's 50-50 at this point.

I know the Bruins saw a lot of him back in junior as they had eyes following Malcolm Subban at the same time.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Senyshyn had a good day,not as good as Bjork but close
Steen showed why he's a sneaky dark horse to make the roster
Asselin,I at first dismissed him as Atlanta fodder,he'll make Providence's opening night roster if he keeps it up
Andersson was hit or miss,there were drills where it looked easy for him then in others he showed how green he really is,I'd like to see Management treat him like an NCAA player and give him the time without pressure,Moncton will be good for him.
Keyser like the rest of the goalies looked good and saw lots of rubber
Thanks Eric.
I think for Andersson, it will be in Sweden or Moncton.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Gaunce was always a very good goal scorer in Junior. Did it both 5-on-5 and on the PP. Accomplished two-way player even as a teenager. IMO, his vision and soft hands/passing ability was underrated. Always found a seam that you didn't think was there and could thread a pass through the tiniest of lanes.

For whatever reason, and it happens a lot in hockey: He's done okay at the AHL level, but for whatever reason never translated to the NHL until his 3 games a season ago. I have my own thoughts on it, but hey, new city, new beginning and an opportunity to try and succeed.

Could be just what he needs or could be a "hey, we gave him a shot and he didn't cost us anything" type of guy. I wouldn't bet against him being the former rather then the latter. It's 50-50 at this point.

I know the Bruins saw a lot of him back in junior as they had eyes following Malcolm Subban at the same time.
He was very impressive today- I was a fan his draft year so was intrigued when they signed him. He has Central Casting size and skating. So glad to hear you say that about his hands because on the drills he was receiving passes like Velcro on his stick and he dangled well in the drills.

I would think he gets multiple exhibition games and a solid role as Bergeron and Krejci (hopefully skip most if not all)

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Agree on Kuhlman. He is a Bruin. If he surprises with a little more offence he will be quite the find. Tons of character. He will be at his best in big games.
reminds me a bit of Randy Burridge in size and noticeability. He never looks like crap on any drill, pucks always find him so it can't be an accident. Seems like a winner as well.

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
How is Clifton looking?

Do you guys expect him to have a permanent spot on the 3rd pair this season?

If so what kind of production do you expect from him?

Thanks

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
In fairness,

I believe I read that Evander takes boxing lessons in the off season.

I believe he is also a POS and I can't stand him

His dad named him Evander as in Evander Hollyfield so ya , dad steered him that way. When Kane knocked out Cooke,a few days after the fact I heard a clip with his dad explaining the naming of his child.

Reactions: Strafer

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Thanks Eric.
I think for Andersson, it will be in Sweden or Moncton.

Have to agree, he looks both amazing at times and completely green at the few times I've watched. There might be something there but it looks like a work in progress at this time. With all the depth they have at D those sound like the best options for him .

Reactions: Spooner st

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
reminds me a bit of Randy Burridge in size and noticeability. He never looks like crap on any drill, pucks always find him so it can't be an accident. Seems like a winner as well.
If he reminds you of the stump pump I’m even more excited. He was the first prospect I ever fell in love with. I remember him scoring in his first game or two after I was done hockey practice I listed to the game on the radio. I was so excited about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad