Boston Bruins Training Camp 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Bruins Announce Roster And Schedule For 2019 Training Camp

BOSTON BRUINS 2019 TRAINING CAMP ROSTER
Forwards: Samuel Asselin*, David Backes, Patrice Bergeron, Anders Bjork, Anton Blidh, Paul Carey, Peter Cehlarik, Charlie Coyle, Jake DeBrusk, Ryan Fitzgerald, Trent Frederic, Brendan Gaunce, Danton Heinen, Cameron Hughes, Joona Koppanen, David Krejci, Karson Kuhlman, Sean Kuraly, Robert Lantosi*, Jakub Lauko, Par Lindholm, Brad Marchand, Joakim Nordstrom, David Pastrnak, Brett Ritchie, Zach Senyshyn, Pavel Shen, Oskar Steen, Jack Studnicka, Chris Wagner, Brendan Woods*
Defensemen: Axel Andersson, Chris Breen*, Zdeno Chara, Connor Clifton, Josiah Didier*, Matt Grzelcyk, Steven Kampfer, Torey Krug, Jeremy Lauzon, Kevan Miller, John Moore, Alex Petrovic**, Wiley Sherman, Urho Vaakanainen, Jakub Zboril, Cooper Zech*
Goaltenders: Jaroslav Halak, Kyle Keyser, Maxime Lagace, Tuukka Rask, Dan Vladar
*AHL contract
**Professional Tryout Agreement

BOSTON BRUINS 2019 TRAINING CAMP SCHEDULE
Thursday, September 12 (Warrior Ice Arena, Brighton, MA)
-Training Camp opens
Friday, September 13 (Warrior Ice Arena, Brighton, MA)
-Group A practice, 10 a.m.
-Group B practice, 12:20 p.m.
Saturday, September 14 (Warrior Ice Arena, Brighton, MA)
-Group B practice, 10 a.m.
-Group A practice, 12:20 p.m.
Sunday, September 15 (Warrior Ice Arena, Brighton, MA)
-Group A practice, 10 a.m.
-Group A & B scrimmage, 11 a.m.
-Group B practice, 12 p.m.
Monday, September 16 (Warrior Ice Arena, Brighton, MA/Prudential Center, Newark, NJ)
-Game Group practice, 10:30 a.m. (Warrior Ice Arena, Brighton, MA)
-Non-game Group practice, 11:30 a.m.
-Travel to Newark, NJ
-Preseason Game at New Jersey Devils, 7 p.m. (Prudential Center, Newark, NJ)
-Travel to Boston, MA
Tuesday, September 17 (Boston, MA)
-TBD
Wednesday, September 18 (Warrior Ice Arena, Brighton, MA)
-Group A practice, 10:30 a.m.
-Group B practice, 12:15 p.m.
Thursday, September 19 (Warrior Ice Arena, Brighton, MA/Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia, PA)
-Travel to Philadelphia, PA
-Preseason Game at Philadelphia Flyers, 7 p.m. (Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia, PA)
-Travel to Boston, MA
Friday, September 20 (Warrior Ice Arena, Brighton, MA)
-Practice, 10:30 a.m.
Saturday, September 21 (Warrior Ice Arena, Brighton, MA/United Center, Chicago, IL)
-Travel to Chicago, IL
-Preseason Game at Chicago Blackhawks, 7:30 p.m. (United Center, Chicago, IL)
-Travel to Boston, MA
Sunday, September 22 (Warrior Ice Arena, Brighton, MA)
-Practice, 11:30 a.m.
Monday, September 23 (Boston, MA)
-Preseason Game vs. Philadelphia Flyers, 7 p.m. (TD Garden, Boston, MA)
Tuesday, September 24 (Warrior Ice Arena, Brighton, MA)
-Practice, 11 a.m.
Wednesday, September 25 (Boston, MA)
-Preseason Game vs. New Jersey Devils, 7 p.m. (TD Garden, Boston, MA)
Thursday, September 26 (Warrior Ice Arena, Brighton, MA)
-Practice, 11 a.m.
Friday, September 27 (Warrior Ice Arena, Brighton, MA)
-Practice, 11 a.m.
Saturday, September 28 (Boston, MA)
-Preseason Game vs. Chicago Blackhawks, 3 p.m. (TD Garden, Boston, MA)
Sunday, September 29 (Boston, MA)
-TBD
Monday, September 30 (Warrior Ice Arena, Brighton, MA)
-Practice, 11 a.m.

As usual, the schedule for practices is subject to change. If you're a superfan, I wouldn't bother heading out tomorrow - I think it's all off-ice stuff, and is generally closed to the public. In the past, most practices at Warrior have been open to the public - at least, until the playoffs.

If you're going, be sure to get your parking ticket validated at the concession stand (no purchase necessary) - as of one year ago, they were still validating. I think it's like $50 if you don't validate, because they don't want people using the lot for the commuter rail.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
tenor.gif

Reactions: Skelen

Boston Bandit

Aug 2, 2005
I can remember going to training camp one year and the f---ing release that Cam Neely had was making the goalies look silly. He was just nasty.

He also got pissed at something during a play and smashed his stick over the crossbar. :laugh:

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I really believe studnicka has a chance to make the opening day roster as a winger. I know many people have their doubts. Even I do because I think kuhlman and bjork have the inside track, so to speak. However I really do think studnicka is going to make it extremely tough for BC and management to not find a way to get him ice time from the start.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Is there a tv schedule announced?

Haven't seen anything announced yet. Even this announcement feels a little bit later than usual - I seem to remember it coming out on perhaps the Monday before Thursday's camp opening in years past, but I could be wrong.

Typically, NESN only broadcasts the home preseason games, so we're a good 11 days out from that. For next week's preseason away games, New Jersey is only giving us half their team in New Jersey, with the other half traveling to Montreal. I can't envision them broadcasting both. Philadelphia and Chicago don't have any info up yet, nor does Boston, for their home games. Typically, there's no way to (legally) get away pre-season games anyway.

But I did check the NESN+ schedule - Monday they have a "TBA" from 7 to 9:30, and joint the Sox game in progress afterwards. Same for the other two home games. They definitely have a slot open - the question is whether they want to gather the crew to do a full show. They even have a slot open for the Chicago away game (?).

All three of the home games have significant overlap with the Red Sox, so it'll almost definitely be on NESN+ if it's on TV at all. Often, NESN only shows one of the three home games, and occasionally the Bruins will put up the arena feed (no announcers) on nhl.bruins.com.

In short, don't hope for much. We definitely won't be seeing too many stars when Chicago comes to town - they play us on Saturday, and then play a local team in Berlin on Sunday. The ones who travel early might be the big guns, since they play their season opener in Germany the following Thursday, and shaking off jet lag can only help.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mainehockey33

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
I really believe studnicka has a chance to make the opening day roster as a winger. I know many people have their doubts. Even I do because I think kuhlman and bjork have the inside track, so to speak. However I really do think studnicka is going to make it extremely tough for BC and management to not find a way to get him ice time from the start.

Barring injuries, I can't see him beating out
Bjork, Kuhlman, or Ritchie. He will need a year
of seasoning and strengthening in Providence.
Wouldn't they have to risk losing Ritchie or Bjork
on waivers?

Reactions: bbfan419

pgm16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2010
St. John's NL
Will these games be broadcast on Center Ice, or should I wait until season starts to renew my sports package ?

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Haven't seen anything announced yet. Even this announcement feels a little bit later than usual - I seem to remember it coming out on perhaps the Monday before Thursday's camp opening in years past, but I could be wrong.

Typically, NESN only broadcasts the home preseason games, so we're a good 11 days out from that. For next week's preseason away games, New Jersey is only giving us half their team in New Jersey, with the other half traveling to Montreal. I can't envision them broadcasting both. Philadelphia and Chicago don't have any info up yet, nor does Boston, for their home games. Typically, there's no way to (legally) get away pre-season games anyway.

But I did check the NESN+ schedule - Monday they have a "TBA" from 7 to 9:30, and joint the Sox game in progress afterwards. Same for the other two home games. They definitely have a slot open - the question is whether they want to gather the crew to do a full show. They even have a slot open for the Chicago away game (?).

All three of the home games have significant overlap with the Red Sox, so it'll almost definitely be on NESN+ if it's on TV at all. Often, NESN only shows one of the three home games, and occasionally the Bruins will put up the arena feed (no announcers) on nhl.bruins.com.

In short, don't hope for much. We definitely won't be seeing too many stars when Chicago comes to town - they play us on Saturday, and then play a local team in Berlin on Sunday. The ones who travel early might be the big guns, since they play their season opener in Germany the following Thursday, and shaking off jet lag can only help.
Pretty sure the New Jersey game on Monday will be streamed by them and I believe the Chicago afternoon game is televised by NBC Sports,that's all I got,time for Fenway to swoop in and save us

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Hannoun did he not recently get signed by Providence? Missing?

Know nothing about Gaunce (former 1st rounder) ...Looking forward to some feedback on him.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Injury updates

Cameron Hughes, struck with a skate blade to the mouth it the final rookie game last Monday in Buffalo, is expected will miss the start of training camp.
“He’s got extensive damage that he needs to follow up on,” said Sweeney. “He has a significant injury there, so we have to make sure that he is healthy.”
Trent Frederic and Matt Grzelcyk both have been contending with minor injuries, but both should be good to go for the start of drills on Friday.
“We’ve talked about monitoring all of our guys — obviously, we had a hell of a run and we need to be cognizant of that. And again, it’s a great opportunity for other players, for them to realize that those are minutes that are going to get spread around accordingly and they can step forward. The competition internally should be really good.”

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Barring injuries, I can't see him beating out
Bjork, Kuhlman, or Ritchie. He will need a year
of seasoning and strengthening in Providence.
Wouldn't they have to risk losing Ritchie or Bjork
on waivers?

I think Brett Ritchie is way too overhyped here for having just one good season 3 years ago. I believe he will be the bruins 13th forward and Studnicka will be battling for a top 9 role. His competition is really bjork and kuhlman. As I said I think bjork and kuhlman certainly have the edge right now, but Studnicka will make it very hard to send him to providence.

Reactions: Lo97 and bbfan419

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

not sure people have "doubts" surrounding Studnicka, what I think many fans here (consider myself included) is that JS will show well at camp but will need time to head to Providence, maybe add some muscle to that small frame, become more acclimated with the pro game. I don`t think many here would be terribly surprised if at some point during the season he gets the call to come up as it seems wherever he has played, he has excelled but it will likely take time.

I know JS said he doesn`t care if he is played on the wing (thinking of a winger for DK) but that`s one huge ask of a kid, no need to rush him

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Hannoun did he not recently get signed by Providence? Missing?

Know nothing about Gaunce (former 1st rounder) ...Looking forward to some feedback on him.

According to one poster here, he's just as good an option as Danton Heinen. Both are no offense, defensive forwards. Gaunce has size and hits though. :laugh:

Reactions: Blowfish

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
not sure people have "doubts" surrounding Studnicka, what I think many fans here (consider myself included) is that JS will show well at camp but will need time to head to Providence, maybe add some muscle to that small frame, become more acclimated with the pro game. I don`t think many here would be terribly surprised if at some point during the season he gets the call to come up as it seems wherever he has played, he has excelled but it will likely take time.

I know JS said he doesn`t care if he is played on the wing (thinking of a winger for DK) but that`s one huge ask of a kid, no need to rush him

It is a huge ask for him to play wing but he has done it in the past as he himself has mentioned. Also bergy played wing his first year here.

Ultimately if I were a betting man, I would put my money on JS starting in prov, but I do think he will be one of the first call ups in case of injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad