Boston Bruins Training Camp 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
I was thinking Zech would stick a little longer.

I don't think he had a chance of making the team. He needs time in Providence to work on his game without the puck and maybe size up a bit.

I see this as fast-tracking him to a spot and contract in Providence.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Someone will correct me on this but I think it means:
"Assigned" is for players owned under contract by the assigning team
"report" is for anyone not necessarily under contract. Their future in Providence is not guaranteed yet. They can still be cut and released in the Providence camp.

I think this is just a trimming of the ends. These guys had no chance to make the team and so they now set their eyes on Providence.

Ok, Thanks, that sounds right.

slim399

May 1, 2002
Boston
Visit site
If Gryz proves he is ready to play top minutes with McAvoy I would love to see...

Gryz-McAvoy
Krug-Carlo
Chara-Vaak
Clifton.

Clifton subbing in for Chara to give him extra rest through out the season. Chara and McAvoy playing together in the last minutes of close games and playoffs.

Would also like to see

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
Debrusk-Krejci-Bjork
Heinen-Coyle-Steen
Wagner-Kurlay-Kuhlman

Reactions: HustleB

bruinsfan1970

Global Moderator
From what I have seen the Bruins look so-so but I have only seen one game and it was the one against the Flyers. I did not see the Chicago game as I was on vacation in D.C. so no coverage. I did however go to a Washington Capitals game Versus the Blues. Both teams looked like they were off as their passes were not crisp. It was a good funny ending to the game as Backstrom shot a skipper from behind the blueline about a 65 foot shot that bounced past the Blues goalie with 6.9 seconds remaining so that made me feel good seeing the Blues lose. The Capital one arena is nice but it is very cold and feels way colder than TD Garden. The ticket prices were very cheap as I took the entire family 6 of us and kept it under $200.00. I like visiting different arenas and I hope to do it again as it is cool seeing how the teams differ in their warm-ups etc...

Reactions: BMC

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Any chance someone can post some key points? Not a member. :(

Not a whole lot of new info, but here's some of it. I like what Cassidy says about Steen, and feel he could make the opening roster, too bad Senyshyn and Hughes got hurt.

I like Porter, but I don't see Frederic pushing Kuraly for the 4th line center spot, the only way I see him battling there is if Coyle moves up to second line RW and Kuraly go's to 3rd line center.

Very interesting point on Backes:sarcasm:

David Backes, RW: Giving it all he’s got, but mobility is an issue. Still smart and strong, and highly respected. But he’s often behind the play. Tough decision ahead.

Chances looking good

■ Karson Kuhlman, RW: In the playoffs, hard-charging winger looked like a capable fit on Krejci’s right. Started camp there. Not eager to give up spot. Hungry forechecker who can beat NHL goalies with his shot.

Brett Ritchie, RW: Big winger could fit somewhere in the bottom nine. Adds physicality for team that lost reliable plugger Noel Acciari. Is he quick enough to be a full-timer for this team?

■ Par Lindholm, C/LW: Second-year NHLer hoping to recapture some of offensive touch he showed in Swedish league. Steady as a fourth-line center and penalty-killer. Quality depth piece.

■ Zach Senyshyn, RW: Held back by an injury, so yet to use his top-six-caliber wheels to great effect.
Oskar Steen, RW/C: Likely headed to Providence, but B’s intrigued. Could be a call-up to play with Krejci. In Cassidy’s words: sees the ice well, shoots well, skates well, can make NHL-level plays. Still adjusting to NHL-sized rinks.
Jack Studnicka, C: Long odds to unseat Bergeron, Krejci or Coyle, and Bruins don’t want to deploy skilled prospect as a No. 4 center. Cassidy also nixed the possibility the 20-year-old could play his first year as an NHL right wing, a la Bergeron in 2003-04. “Great hockey instincts, great will,” Cassidy said, “but he hasn’t grown into his body yet, strength-wise. It is what it is. We like how he’s playing.”

■ Trent Frederic, C: Pushing Kuraly and Lindholm for No. 4 center role, but again: uphill climb. Inconsistent motor, but puck possession and offensive game is solid. Could break in as a wing, should need arise.

Chances looking good

■ Connor Clifton, RD: Miller’s injury makes it all the more likely “Cliffy Hockey” makes the team.
■ Steven Kampfer, RD. Versatile veteran comfortable with role as depth D.
Should get a longer look
Urho Vaakanainen, LD: Smooth skater, intelligent defender, heady passer, minute-muncher. B’s have a good one.
■ Jeremy Lauzon, LD: Puck skills lacking, but physical and hard-edged as a defender.
■ Jakub Zboril, LD: Third in line among left-shot prospects. Has offensive tools but hasn’t flashed yet.
■ Alex Petrovic, RD: Deserves an NHL contract. Not sure he’ll get it here.

Bodit9

Oct 22, 2016
Upstate NY
I'd like to see Cassidy put this forward lineup together for a preseason game to see how they look:

Marchy-Bergy-Steen
JDB-Krejci -Pasta
Heinen-Coyle-Bjork
Nords-Kuraly-Kuhlman

Reactions: bbfan419

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I'd like to see Cassidy put this forward lineup together for a preseason game to see how they look:

Marchy-Bergy-Steen
JDB-Krejci -Pasta
Heinen-Coyle-Bjork
Nords-Kuraly-Kuhlman
I`m sure Butch would too but it`s been well documented Bergy may not be ready for start of the season

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
If Ritchie impresses tonight alongside Krejci, he may have the inside track on the #2 RW spot. Will be interesting to see.
I'd like to see Kuhlman on the 4th with Wagner and Kuraly. I think he would fit perfect on there and likely score 10-12 goals.
One has to think.......if I'm David Backes and I know I'm basically untradeable, I don't have a roster spot in the top 9, I can't keep up with Kuraly and Wagner, and I don't want to ride the bus in Providence. At some point, do you decide to hang them up? Go out on your terms instead of being humiliated by being healthy scratched/sent down?

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
If Ritchie impresses tonight alongside Krejci, he may have the inside track on the #2 RW spot. Will be interesting to see.
I'd like to see Kuhlman on the 4th with Wagner and Kuraly. I think he would fit perfect on there and likely score 10-12 goals.
One has to think.......if I'm David Backes and I know I'm basically untradeable, I don't have a roster spot in the top 9, I can't keep up with Kuraly and Wagner, and I don't want to ride the bus in Providence. At some point, do you decide to hang them up? Go out on your terms instead of being humiliated by being healthy scratched/sent down?
6M reasons to overcome humiliation. 6M reasons he won't retire. Can you see a pattern here...

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Haven't watched any pre-season games but how has Vaak looked?

If he's progressed even more, I'd like to see him stick over a lower-ceiling guy like Kampfer or even Clifton.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
I think it makes sense to start Steen in Providence, just to give him more experience with the North American rink and generally living in the U.S. However, I wouldn't be surprised if he's the first call-up in case of injury, or if (when?) Kuhlman struggles on the 2nd line.

Reactions: bbfan419

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Haven't watched any pre-season games but how has Vaak looked?

If he's progressed even more, I'd like to see him stick over a lower-ceiling guy like Kampfer or even Clifton.

Vaak has looked outstanding and played lots of minutes against NHL stars in these first couple games. Don't sell low on Clifton though, he's also looked really strong. Clifton has some Krug-like moxie to his game.

Reactions: WestCoastBruinsFan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad