Boston Bruins Training Camp 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
Interesting! Wonder of Bjork starts in the AHL to get some seasoning?
Ritchie gets 10 games to show what he's made of, if he fails, he rides buses all year?

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Man, if Ritchie and/or Backes make the team over Bjork, I'll be furious.

I used to take these kinds of positions too but let's be honest...giving Ritchie a little time, or someone like him, is not gonna stunt a guy like Bjork's future. Maybe we'd all rather WATCH Bjork than Ritchie or Backes because it's intriguing to see a kid with potential, but whether it's better for the team or even him is likely best decided by the organization.

If we are mid-season and Backes and Ritchie are regulars, yeah, we might be in a bad spot. But determining which one can work and giving Bjork more seasoning doesn't seem all that criminal to me.

Reactions: HustleB

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
I used to take these kinds of positions too but let's be honest...giving Ritchie a little time, or someone like him, is not gonna stunt a guy like Bjork's future. Maybe we'd all rather WATCH Bjork than Ritchie or Backes because it's intriguing to see a kid with potential, but whether it's better for the team or even him is likely best decided by the organization.

If we are mid-season and Backes and Ritchie are regulars, yeah, we might be in a bad spot. But determining which one can work and giving Bjork more seasoning doesn't seem all that criminal to me.

I hear you but still disagree. Bjork has shown more in pre-season than either Ritchie and Backes. He is younger, faster, a much better skater, more creative and has more offensive potential. Ritchie has done nothing to merit being on the Bruins. Backes, as we all know, is "cooked" and is, at best, a spare part.

Last edited:

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I think Bjork will make the team but they just want to see what a few other guys, aka Lindholm and Kuhlman look like.

Bjork played a number of games with Krejcu and Debrusk pre injury last year so they know what they have in him.

It wouldn't shock me if he did get sent down for a few games just to get some reps

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut

Its a dis-service to the rest of the team IMO. The 3rd line of Bjork-Coyle-Heinen has look good together, but were going to (potentially) break that up because we have this big winger that we're hoping can turn things around after a disappointing start to his career in Dallas.

Reactions: Estlin

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I hope we're not going to have that scrub Ritchie shoved down our throats in a role he's not fit for. He's big, slow and doesn't bring the physicality/toughness nearly enough to warrant being anything more than a 13/14th forward.

Reactions: bbfan419 and Estlin

gumgum

Oct 15, 2017
Ritchie gonna have one go in off of him while out there with Coyle, cause Coyle's playing out of his f***ing mind right now. He will secure a roster spot in this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad