Boston Bruins Training Camp 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City

Personally I used to hate it when my parents told me time to grow up and get your **** together

It was tough the first few years but I learned to block it out

That’s all well and good on the part of Cassidy, but where would there be room on the team for Zboril?

Reactions: bbfan419

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
That’s all well and good on the part of Cassidy, but where would there be room on the team for Zboril?

Separating himself enough to be the 7th guy instead of Vaak, for example. With Moore and Miller out, and Kampfer basically an insurance policy Zboril would just need to prove he is the best option as that spare part and when given the opportunity, which should happen given injuries, poor play, what have you, make it impossible for Cassidy to sit him or Don to send him back. Not saying he can do it, but that is probably his path if there is one.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016

I think he wants them both to show they are NHL ready and push people for spots, which is where they should be by now. If their ELC's expire without them doing that I then see them both getting the Cehlarik treatment.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
They have 2 starting defensemen injured right now- if ever there were a time to make his case this could be it. Then again it sure seems like injuries have them playing their 9th and 10th defensemen at some point every year.

Reactions: Estlin

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
This looks like Oct- February open audition to take that spot.

If not

2017 Rick Nash
2018 Marcus Johansson
2019 Taylor Hall

giphy.gif

PepeBostones

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2002
Would be pretty disappointed to see him left off the opening-night roster in Boston, barring any injuries, because of someone like Ritchie, Lindholm, Wagner or other bottom-six guys. Think Senyshyn looked good in his two NHL games at the end of last year and saw a couple nice plays/attempts against Jersey this week in preseason.

Senyshyn, like you said, has the feet/physical traits alone to be a useful player in the NHL, so I think he could easily hang on a third-line right now and play well. Interesting theory about putting him at 2RW though, and something I've touched upon a while ago.

Senyshyn is great at keeping his feet moving and finding empty spaces in the attacking zone, especially while his team is cycling the puck around. Pairing him with a world-class playmaker like Krejci might be exactly what both of those players need. He seems like he could be a complimentary player to just about any line if need be. DeBrusk and Krejci could very well prove to be a great setup for Senyshyn.

On the other hand, I just don't see Cassidy rolling Senyshyn in the top-six, unfortunately, but I think he might just give him the looks at 3RW. Playing something like Heinen/Bjork/Cehlarik-Coyle-Senyshyn seems realistic and I think all those players can work together quite well. I think it's time to let Senyshyn develop in the NHL because he's ready for it, IMO.
This is perhaps one of the best analysis of Senyshyn I have seen. He's not an easy guy to get a read on. How many different wingers (draft pick, ufa signings, players acquired in trade) have been tried as Krejci right wing. Almost every decent winger in the organization, except Senyshyn. For all I know he can skate with the best.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Based on the lines in camp so far

Seems the opening night lineup will be

Marchand Bergeron Pastrnak
DeBrusk Krejci Kuhlman
Bjork Coyle Heinen
Nordstrom Kuraly Wagner

Pretty much how I see it and how it was at the end of the year. Forth line is perfect none of the guys brought in make it better and are not better at the speciality teams. Top line is The top line. Kuhlman has shown he has the hands and speed to compliment DeBrusk. Bjork looks ready and will add some speed to those two guys.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Bruins’ Karson Kuhlman will open season as second-line right wing - The Boston Globe

PHILADELPHIA — As he hones his lineup options in advance of the Oct. 3 opener in Dallas, Bruce Cassidy professed his reassurance with Karson Kuhlman as a second-line right wing — at least to start.

“I don’t think he’s going to drop off. He may [plateau], we don’t know, but I don’t think he’s going to get worse,” Cassidy said of the 23-year-old rookie, who settled in during his 19-game run last spring with left wing Jake DeBrusk and center David Krejci.

“To me, he’s too good a person — his short career dictates, from college to Providence to here, he’ll keep working on his craft, get more comfortable.”

At some point in the season, Cassidy said he would try Coyle, whose size (6 feet 3 inches, 220 pounds) and skating is similar to the wingers Krejci has had in the past. But that’s “more for down the road, playoff hockey,” in Cassidy’s words.

“I think we know we can start on opening night and Kuhly would be there and we’d be fine,” he said. “We’ll look to see if there’s a better fit.”

MetM

Nov 29, 2009
I'm not sure about that comparison. I see Lauzon as a legit NHLer who would be in the bottom pairing of any NHL team that did not have a stacked D like Boston. Cehlarik I am not convinced is an NHLer. Hopefully he has impressed enough people in the NHL that someone takes a flyer on him, because I dont think he will get a spot in Boston.

Oh I agree with you 100% actually. lol

I'm just holding myself to not "mention his name everyday as a guy that should make the team" just because they are so deep that he may not have a spot for now. But I think Lauzon would make it in almost any other teams in the NHL.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

bb_fan

Feb 27, 2002
boston
Visit site
I'm not sure about that comparison. I see Lauzon as a legit NHLer who would be in the bottom pairing of any NHL team that did not have a stacked D like Boston. Cehlarik I am not convinced is an NHLer. Hopefully he has impressed enough people in the NHL that someone takes a flyer on him, because I dont think he will get a spot in Boston.

If by stacked you mean loaded with bottom pairing guys, sure.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Bruins’ Karson Kuhlman will open season as second-line right wing - The Boston Globe

PHILADELPHIA — As he hones his lineup options in advance of the Oct. 3 opener in Dallas, Bruce Cassidy professed his reassurance with Karson Kuhlman as a second-line right wing — at least to start.

“I don’t think he’s going to drop off. He may [plateau], we don’t know, but I don’t think he’s going to get worse,” Cassidy said of the 23-year-old rookie, who settled in during his 19-game run last spring with left wing Jake DeBrusk and center David Krejci.

“To me, he’s too good a person — his short career dictates, from college to Providence to here, he’ll keep working on his craft, get more comfortable.”

At some point in the season, Cassidy said he would try Coyle, whose size (6 feet 3 inches, 220 pounds) and skating is similar to the wingers Krejci has had in the past. But that’s “more for down the road, playoff hockey,” in Cassidy’s words.

“I think we know we can start on opening night and Kuhly would be there and we’d be fine,” he said. “We’ll look to see if there’s a better fit.”
Hmmm

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

Sheesh, so much for competition...Means all the spots are secured other than the 13th and 14th F

Reactions: Estlin

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs

That would mean the top-9 is set:

Marchand-Bergeron-Pasta
DeBrusk-Krejci-Kuhlman
Bjork-Coyle-Heinen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad