Boston Bruins Training Camp 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Even if Zboril were to play lights out in the pre-season, do you seriously think that he'd supplant any of Chara, Grzelcyk or Krug? I guess that he could become the 8th D (after Kampfer), but is that better than playing regularly in Providence?

Well Zboril has shown the ability, and has extensive experience playing RHD, so he could also make the roster by outplaying Clifton, or Kampfer

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
I'm not a huge fan of Kuhlman in our top 6. I hope he makes me eat crow, but I really think we need to address this.
Luckily, we have a lot of internal kid options to keep trying until Don can get us more of a permanent fix.
I'd be shocked that by Christmas if we haven't seen all of Pasta, Kuhlman, Bjork, Backes, Senyshyn, and Heinen all on that line for some games.
Gryz/Lauzon + Celharik +2nd for Josh Anderson..........that would be nice

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Which, ironically, is who we figured it would be before camp.

Yeah a few of the other kids have made a bit of a mark as good prospects for the future, but it's the expected Kuhlman and Bjork who still stand out for the moment. I'm possibly add Gaunce to that list of 13th forwards ,but otherwise it looks about right to me.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
I'm not a huge fan of Kuhlman in our top 6. I hope he makes me eat crow, but I really think we need to address this.
Luckily, we have a lot of internal kid options to keep trying until Don can get us more of a permanent fix.
I'd be shocked that by Christmas if we haven't seen all of Pasta, Kuhlman, Bjork, Backes, Senyshyn, and Heinen all on that line for some games.
Gryz/Lauzon + Celharik +2nd for Josh Anderson..........that would be nice

I'm not completely convinced by Kuhlman yet ether. But I think he's earned the right to first crack at the 2nd line. Ideally it'd be on the 3rd but I prefer the Bjork, Coyle, Heinen combination on that one, at least initially. Let's give Karson a fair chance and see how he goes. Purely on skill level I don't really think he's top 6, but it's not everything. The compete and effort are there in spades, and if he continues to build good chemistry with JdB and Krejci then that might just be enough to make it work mid-long term.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
I think we all can agree Cehlarik is toast here
And Senyshyn being injured killed any opportunity he might have had
So its 7 players for 5 roster spots,Backes, Gaunce,Ritchie, Lindholm, Wagner, Kuraly and Nordstrom
When the music stops 2 will not have chairs

are you putting bjork into the 'made the team' group?

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
I see nothing wrong with Cassidy trying different pairings to see how they click... it's training camp after all. Time to experiment while they loosen up the rust.

Not only does it make total sense but I got a funny feeling , contrary to what many here believe, I think Ritchie is going to be given every chance to win that 2RW opening.

Whether he actually wins it is another matter but I think he'll be given every chance. How long that last remains to be seen, but I think he's gonna get the chance.

There is a log jam on the 4th line , I don't think that is where he ends up.

He's going to be given a chance to win a job where there is a void, not where there is a log jam. Think 2nd or 3rd line.

They didn't sign him to a 1M contract to play in Providence or sit in Boston. That is ridiculous, They already have Backes for that, yet almost every opening night roster posted here does not include Ritchie. Kinda reminds me of last off season when almost nobody included Moore on there opening night roster.

Last edited:
Reactions: Spooner st

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Not only does it make total sense but I got a funny feeling , contrary to what many here believe, I think Ritchie is going to be given every chance to win that 2RW opening.

Whether he actually wins it is another matter but I think he'll be given every chance. How long that last remains to be seen, but I think he's gonna get the chance.

There is a log jam on the 4th line , I don't think that is where he ends up.

He's going to be given a chance to when a job where there is a void, not where there is a log jam. Think 2nd or 3rd line.

They didn't sign him to a 1M contract to play in Providence or sit in Boston. That is ridiculous, They already have Backes for that, yet almost every opening night roster posted here does not include Ritchie. Kinda reminds me of last off season when almost nobody included Moore on there opening night roster.

Given a chance is fine, now is the time to do that. But 2 games and training camp in and I am not seeing Ritchie show he is a better choice than Kuhlman. Sweeney assembled a large amount of bottom 6 guys to compete in camp to make the competition for open spots difficult. Not all of them are going to make the team, in fact NONE of them may. Thats the cost of doing business for this plan.

Injuries WILL come. They always do and as the core ages there will be more. The call-ups last Nov-Dec held the team together and put them into the playoffs. Well, now we are well prepared for that inevitability this year far better than last year.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Given a chance is fine, now is the time to do that. But 2 games and training camp in and I am not seeing Ritchie show he is a better choice than Kuhlman. Sweeney assembled a large amount of bottom 6 guys to compete in camp to make the competition for open spots difficult. Not all of them are going to make the team, in fact NONE of them may. Thats the cost of doing business for this plan.

Injuries WILL come. They always do and as the core ages there will be more. The call-ups last Nov-Dec held the team together and put them into the playoffs. Well, now we are well prepared for that inevitability this year far better than last year.

Perhaps, we shall see. The Bruins had one of the best 4th lines in the NHL last year.Especially in the PO's. Why are they fixing what is not broken? Because Accari is gone? Nordy, Kuraly and Wagner don't need fixing. If that is the strategy it's not a good one.

Ritchie has played one Pre-season game. I thought he played well, actually better than most that night. I'm neutral here, I'm talking logic. I don't come with a pre-concieved opinion like many here do, one of the benefits of being unfamiliar with this player. I don't see Kuhlman as the 2RW. We saw that last year, some games he's amazing , some games he's invisible. Over 82 games I fear we'll see more of the latter than the former. Now Ritchie may be no better but I won't knock him until there is something to knock, I haven't seen that yet. Judging him in Pre-season drills is like judging a player using advanced stats. There aren't any cones in a hockey game.

Reactions: Spooner st
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad