Boston Bruins Training Camp 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Questions:

1.) Is training camp always open to the public?

2.) Is it free?

3.) What time should I get there?

Edit: realized they have a game tomorrow night so not sure if they even have a legit TC skate/practice.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I'd like to see Bjork on line one or two and Senyshyn on line three with Coyle and Heinen. This way, there is a shooter on each of the top three lines (Pastrnak, Debrusk and Senyshyn).

Marchand -- Bergeron -- Bjork
DeBrusk -- Krejci -- Pastrnak
Heinen -- Coyle -- Senyshyn

I don't care what anyone says, Bjork looked good with Marchand and Bergeron. His first season, he produced at over a 0.50 PPG pace until he got hurt against Toronto. Not against him starting on line 2, 3 or providence but I think he'd work with MB.

Reactions: bme44 and Estlin

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I'd like to see Bjork on line one or two and Senyshyn on line three with Coyle and Heinen. This way, there is a shooter on each of the top three lines (Pastrnak, Debrusk and Senyshyn).

Marchand-Bergy-pasta
Debrusk-krejci-kuhlman
Bjork-coyle-heinen
Nordstrom-kuraly-Wagner

About a week or two ago I posted on one of these threads that I wanted this exact lineup. Kuhlman played well with krejci and debrusk last year in a small sample size so I believe he has the inside track to play on that line to start.

spylogic3

Sep 1, 2006
Questions:

1.) Is training camp always open to the public?

2.) Is it free?

3.) What time should I get there?

Edit: realized they have a game tomorrow night so not sure if they even have a legit TC skate/practice.
-Game Group practice, 10:30 a.m. (Warrior Ice Arena, Brighton, MA)
-Non-game Group practice, 11:30 a.m.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Marchand -- Bergeron -- Bjork
DeBrusk -- Krejci -- Pastrnak
Heinen -- Coyle -- Senyshyn

I don't care what anyone says, Bjork looked good with Marchand and Bergeron. His first season, he produced at over a 0.50 PPG pace until he got hurt against Toronto. Not against him starting on line 2, 3 or providence but I think he'd work with MB.

Seny is going to have to heal his injury overnight and step his game up big time in the remaining pre-season games.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Seny is going to have to heal his injury overnight and step his game up big time in the remaining pre-season games.

I mentioned this earlier - they need to put him with other skilled players and not ECHL bound castoffs or 4th liners with no creativity. He's responded well when paired next to actual talent. Senyshyn isn't the type of guy who's going to carry or lead a line.. he's a complimentary piece. Put him next to some players that can actually help his game and i bet he'll be fine.

Fopppa

Jan 3, 2009
Not having seen any of TC, going by comments here and last season, barring further injuries I'd pencil this in for opening night;

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
DeBrusk-Krejci-Kuhlman
Bjork-Coyle-Heinen
Nordström/Lindholm-Kuraly-Wagner
+Backes, Nordström/Lindholm

Chara-McAvoy
Krug-Carlo
Gryz-Clifton
+ Kampfer

-That leaves Ritchie on waivers unless Nordström is still out or they bite the bullet and assign Backes to Providence. Don't think they'll send down Lindholm.
-Cehlarik, Carey waived too. Any of them lost on the wire?
-Petrovic seems surplus with the amount of bodies availible. If he'll take a cheap 2-way deal and doesn't mind an indefinite Providence stint he might be of use down the line with the lack of RD in Prov, but seems he's just a vet body for pre-season at this point.
-The rest of the forwards can stew in Providence to start, and there should be lots of healthy competition for call-up spots. Studnicka, Gaunce and Frederic for C, Steen and Senyshyn for RW, Carey, Hughes and Blidh (plus Cehlarik if he's unclaimed) for LW. Should help the Baby B's to a good start and a good season.
-Same applies to the young D. Vaak and Lauzon would by most accounts make a large slice of the league's top 6 out the gate, and Zboril is right there too. Zech seems intriguing, have to think it's just a matter of time before he has an NHL deal but management may make him wait for it just a little bit longer. Wasn't Clifton in the same boat last summer?
-Concerning Lindholm, I think a lot of you are underestimating him based on his first NA season buried on the fourth line in Toronto. He's skilled and very smart and if given opportunity I'd bet he can produce points. And he's an all-situations guy, ES/PP/PK. Late bloomer but almost ppg player in last two seasons in the SHL. He may not be a physical specimen, but I bet Sweeney/Cassidy see him as a Swiss army knife that can be used in whatever role is needed. He's not another Nordström. Totally different player.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Not having seen any of TC, going by comments here and last season, barring further injuries I'd pencil this in for opening night;

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
DeBrusk-Krejci-Kuhlman
Bjork-Coyle-Heinen
Nordström/Lindholm-Kuraly-Wagner
+Backes, Nordström/Lindholm

Chara-McAvoy
Krug-Carlo
Gryz-Clifton
+ Kampfer

-That leaves Ritchie on waivers unless Nordström is still out or they bite the bullet and assign Backes to Providence. Don't think they'll send down Lindholm.
-Cehlarik, Carey waived too. Any of them lost on the wire?
-Petrovic seems surplus with the amount of bodies availible. If he'll take a cheap 2-way deal and doesn't mind an indefinite Providence stint he might be of use down the line with the lack of RD in Prov, but seems he's just a vet body for pre-season at this point.
-The rest of the forwards can stew in Providence to start, and there should be lots of healthy competition for call-up spots. Studnicka, Gaunce and Frederic for C, Steen and Senyshyn for RW, Carey, Hughes and Blidh (plus Cehlarik if he's unclaimed) for LW. Should help the Baby B's to a good start and a good season.
-Same applies to the young D. Vaak and Lauzon would by most accounts make a large slice of the league's top 6 out the gate, and Zboril is right there too. Zech seems intriguing, have to think it's just a matter of time before he has an NHL deal but management may make him wait for it just a little bit longer. Wasn't Clifton in the same boat last summer?
-Concerning Lindholm, I think a lot of you are underestimating him based on his first NA season buried on the fourth line in Toronto. He's skilled and very smart and if given opportunity I'd bet he can produce points. And he's an all-situations guy, ES/PP/PK. Late bloomer but almost ppg player in last two seasons in the SHL. He may not be a physical specimen, but I bet Sweeney/Cassidy see him as a Swiss army knife that can be used in whatever role is needed. He's not another Nordström. Totally different player.

61 consecutive NHL games without a goal says otherwise.

God help the Bruins if Lindholm plays a single minute this year on the power-play.

Reactions: Fenian24

PepeBostones

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2002
Good post.
However I feel pretty sure Backes will be on the roster opening night. I guess they will only keep one extra forward and one extra defenseman. The Bruins may also go easy on some of key veterans (Bergeron, Krejci, Chara etc). Even though it's early my guess is they will send Bjork down at least and maybe Kuhlman too. Not because the other's (Backes, Ritchie, Lindholm, Nordström, Wagner) are better but just because they don't have too clear waivers. Also want to see more of the new UFA signings I think.

On the other hand who would get claimed if left to clear waivers? No one I think. Agree on Lindholm, he should be better than last year.
That of course leaves the second right wing spot open once again. I think it's between a rejuvenated (?) Backes and Kuhlman. Outside of Bjork noone really has the talent and skill to play on the second line unless you move Heinen up or put Coyle with Krejci and DeBrusk.
If the Bruins somehow could find a good third line center (Frederic, Studnicka but it seems too early or via trade, waivers) I would love Coyle on the second line. But for now I think Backes will get first crack at 2nd right wing.
This leaves:
Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak, DeBrusk-Krejci-Backes, Heinen-Coyle-Lindholm, Nordström-Kuraly-Wagner. Ritchie as 13th forward

The reviews on Lauzon, Vaaakanainen, Clifton so far have been nice to read. Clifton, of course, is the favorite for the 6th defense (good playoff and he's a right shooting d). But I wonder how close it really will be on opening night with Lauzon and Vaakanainen. Closer than you think perhaps.
On defense:
Chara-McAvoy, Krug-Carlo, Grzelzyk-Clifton. Kampfer 7th D.

In goal:
Rask-Halak

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Marchand-Bergeron-Heinen
DeBrusk-Krejci-Pastrnak
Bjork-Coyle-Wagner/Backes
Nordstrom-Kuraly-Wagner/Backes

Kuhlman probably will play to well to be sent down

Don’t get the Lindholm & Ritchie signings

Something has to be up?

Do they plan on sending Backes down and believing he’d retire and come off books ?

Confusing roster

Reactions: Blowfish

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Something has to give this year...

Thinking Don is waiting for fall teams desperate (Jets) for D help . With the abundance of top D prospects I'm hoping a trade of "done with" bruin forwards "Cehlarik, Backes" and D prospects in exchange for picks and/or young proven prospect forwards.

Reactions: bbfan419

PepeBostones

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2002
I mentioned this earlier - they need to put him with other skilled players and not ECHL bound castoffs or 4th liners with no creativity. He's responded well when paired next to actual talent. Senyshyn isn't the type of guy who's going to carry or lead a line.. he's a complimentary piece. Put him next to some players that can actually help his game and i bet he'll be fine.
This is how I feel about Senyshyn too. I'm a little bit concerned that he almost always end up with bottom six linemates. In training camp and in Providence. It's been like that since he first joined.
Senyshyn isn't a very creative guy on his own, but I think he could utilize his speed more effective if having talented linemates.
This of course the Bruins must have seen also and I guess it would be foolish to second guess Bruins coaching staff. But since this is a forum for discussion. Ideas may be stupid but what do others feel about Senyshyn in particular but also
the other Bruins prospects. How are they best utilized? What can be expected realistic? Anybody and of course you guys who see them live more as opposed to streams and TV

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Something has to give this year...

Thinking Don is waiting for fall teams desperate (Jets) for D help . With the abundance of top D prospects I'm hoping a trade of "done with" bruin forwards "Cehlarik, Backes" and D prospects in exchange for picks and/or young proven prospect forwards.
No insight just looking at it from both sides

If I’m Backes and get sent down I retire

I’m not about the money and would realize my time as a player is up

I would have made $60 M in salary and no reason to wipe out 2 years of my life doing something I don’t want to do

I would also know there is an entire new world out there for me and that likely would provide a career

Sweeney has to consider this

In fairness if he can play even on bottom 6 for the start of season he makes the roster

Personally I’m rooting for him

My 3 are Bjork Backes Senyshyn

Reactions: PepeBostones

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Marchand-Bergeron-Heinen
DeBrusk-Krejci-Pastrnak
Bjork-Coyle-Wagner/Backes
Nordstrom-Kuraly-Wagner/Backes

Kuhlman probably will play to well to be sent down

Don’t get the Lindholm & Ritchie signings

Something has to be up?

Do they plan on sending Backes down and believing he’d retire and come off books ?

Confusing roster

I like this roster however I see "last kick at the can" players who can be claimed off waivers sticking around for the first few weeks with guys like Bjork/Kuhlman warming up in Providence to start the year. Something has to give with the D - See my earlier post.

Still early however I see Gaunce, Hughes, Lindholm pushing Wagner/Nords for 3rd/4th line roles.

Backes a road block ...

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
I think its still too early to predict opening night rosters. A lot can happen with guys shitting the bed that we all think have guaranteed spots or injuries or trades. Right now, I'd say the only sure things, baring injuries are as follows:

Marshy-Bergy-Pasta
Debrusk-Krejci-XXXX
XXXX-Coyle-Heinen
WagnerKuraly-XXXX
XXXX

Chara-McAvoy
Krug-Carlo
XXXX-XXXX
XXXX

Rask
Halak

2nd line winger, I see Bjork, Backes or Kuhlman.
3rd line winger, I see Heinen moving over to the left if it means its Backes or Kuhlman, staying on the right if it's Bjork
4th line winger, I think its a battle between Nordstrom and Ritchie
13th forward is either Nordstrom or Ritchie
3rd pairing defence I feel is up for grabs. I don't think Clifton or Gryzz are shoe-ins. I think if Vaak and Lauzon perform, one or both can make this team, in some capacity.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
No insight just looking at it from both sides

If I’m Backes and get sent down I retire

I’m not about the money and would realize my time as a player is up

I would have made $60 M in salary and no reason to wipe out 2 years of my life doing something I don’t want to do

I would also know there is an entire new world out there for me and that likely would provide a career

Sweeney has to consider this

In fairness if he can play even on bottom 6 for the start of season he makes the roster

Personally I’m rooting for him

My 3 are Bjork Backes Senyshyn

Agreed - I want to see Backes come back with a vengeance ... I just can't see it. Gotta give it to Buff weighing his options considering head injuries etc....

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
A lot remains to play out at camp but I gotta think guys that have to clear waivers are gonna get the 1st crack at available jobs unless they totally suck in camp. There is nobody among the prospects that has a guaranteed job IMO. No rush to get any of them in at this point.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Interesting feature in the athletic about TC living arrangements.

Home sweet … hotel? In Bruins camp, room service is life...

“Yeah, I am a good cook, actually,” Keyser said. “I don’t like cooking. But I am good at it. I’ve done it for quite a while. I do a salmon with sweet potato and asparagus. Or steak with sweet potato and asparagus. Big grill guy.”
:laugh:
Cooking is just one thing Keyser will have to master on his way to the NHL. Life outside the rink is critical to on-ice success.
As of now, Keyser does not even know where that will be.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I have a legitimate question for the people who keep putting Backes in lineups.

Do you actually believe he is better than bjork/kuhlman at this point I’m his career or are just just hoping he turns back the clock?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad