Speculation: Trading with LA?

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Mike Smith is the #2 in Calgary now not the #1 if you haven't been paying attention
WTF are you talking about - Smith is their #1, he has started 4 of their last 5 games...FFS man do you research anything before you type your shit??? Smith had some injuries and inconsistent play so Rittich has stepped up fine, but Smith is the #1 there...

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Pittsburgh will look at anyone to trade on there roster besides Crosby and malkin.
Murray has struggled no doubt this year but he still was the winning goalie on back to back cup winners.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Well if that is case Peters should be fired

No reason to give job back to Smith after Rittich played the way he did. And if the Flames are going to allow Peters to coach them eventually out of playoff spot which is what handing the job back to Smith is then they deserve to miss playoffs

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I think both Smith and Rittich are blah, which is why Crow could be a real option there...Parsons and Gillies are almost ready for the Flames but until then Crow is only under contract next year- could make some sense

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I think both Smith and Rittich are blah, which is why Crow could be a real option there...Parsons and Gillies are almost ready for the Flames but until then Crow is only under contract next year- could make some sense
Doesn't work cap-wise

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
depends on what we get back, no? and they have $4 mil in cap space for the deadline..we would need to take something for around $2mil back for it to work
Yeah but look at their roster. Nothing matches the cap hit except for guys like Gaudreau and Monahan.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
WTF are you talking about - Smith is their #1, he has started 4 of their last 5 games...FFS man do you research anything before you type your ****??? Smith had some injuries and inconsistent play so Rittich has stepped up fine, but Smith is the #1 there...

Rittich started 2 of the last 5. He was pulled last night after 3 goals on 14 shots. Which doesn't really seem that bad, but I didn't see any of the goals, so :dunno:

Well if that is case Peters should be fired

No reason to give job back to Smith after Rittich played the way he did. And if the Flames are going to allow Peters to coach them eventually out of playoff spot which is what handing the job back to Smith is then they deserve to miss playoffs

I do think Rittich is the better goalie of the two, and eventually think he'll take over the #1 gig this season.

Reactions: Hawkaholic

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I am not a big fan of him, but at 22 years old, he isn't that different than Strome and likely needs a chance somewhere else..
He is not even close to the same as Strome. Strome has talent and upside and needed to get out of the desert. Bennett is a bust.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Rittich started 2 of the last 5. He was pulled last night after 3 goals on 14 shots. Which doesn't really seem that bad, but I didn't see any of the goals, so :dunno:

I do think Rittich is the better goalie of the two, and eventually think he'll take over the #1 gig this season.
Smith seems to have gotten the #1 spot back, right or wrong - he is the $$$$$ veteran...he likely gets as many chances a she needs to right the ship

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
how would Bennett be a bust who has been a pro player since day 1, but Strome isn't?? that makes no sense man...
Because Strome was never given a chance. We've seen what Bennett is and what he can do. He's just another Ryan Hartman.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
how would Bennett be a bust who has been a pro player since day 1, but Strome isn't?? that makes no sense man...

Yeah, I don't quite get that, either. I don't think either of them can be called a "bust" at this point.

He was a 4th OA pick, and played pro since he was 19. He has 36 points, 26 points, 26 points over the past three seasons. Which obviously isn't what you want out of a top 5 pick... but it's not awful, either. It's like 3rd liner production.

The only thing I'd say on why Strome isn't a bust where Bennett might be, is that he has barely played half a season of NHL games. Less than 50... Hard to call someone a bust that early, but personally, I think the same goes for Bennett, IMO. They're basically the same age, but Bennett was drafted a year earlier.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad