Speculation: Trading with LA?

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
We don’t know which prospects will help the club until they develop and arrive. It’s shortsighted to trade those prospects now.

Some will bust, you don’t know which ones, and you need cover for those players that will ultimately bust.

Quite true but in all honesty every team in every era is in the same situaton. Sometimes, in fact quite often, a team must make these types of decisions well before they would like. For example Stan traded away Stephen Johns and Paliotta before either played a single game and stuck with other Dmen who he felt were better in the long run. Sometimes it's impossible to horde prospects with unknown potential, hence it is necessary to make an educated guess as to which ones are expendable. That's where Hawks are at the moment when it comes to their prospects, especially on the blue line.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
At end of day very little of this Hawks/Kings makes sense especially not the OP's dumping of Anisimov for a younger and better player while doing nothing to improve Kings cap situation

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Quite true but in all honesty every team in every era is in the same situaton. Sometimes, in fact quite often, a team must make these types of decisions well before they would like. For example Stan traded away Stephen Johns and Paliotta before either played a single game and stuck with other Dmen who he felt were better in the long run. Sometimes it's impossible to horde prospects with unknown potential, hence it is necessary to make an educated guess as to which ones are expendable. That's where Hawks are at the moment when it comes to their prospects, especially on the blue line.

I’d move our first for an extended Muzzin if this team was competing for a championship.

We’re not. We need to be stockpiling talent.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
At end of day very little of this Hawks/Kings makes sense especially not the OP's dumping of Anisimov for a younger and better player while doing nothing to improve Kings cap situation

Maybe it’s a Doug Wilson special and he gets flipped to a division rival.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
you make a great point, i just am hesitating on the idea that SB may have a 2nd trade idea to fix that one.... i can't see why SB would talk to LA. b/c i am going with the idea of a fa signing in the offseason.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Forsling + 2020 1st for Muzzin provided Hawks have chance to talk to Muzzin agent about his clients interest in signing extension this summer

If Hawks and Muzzin camp can find comfortable assurance a deal can get done you pull trigger then in summer announce extension for Muzzin

If Hawks indeed plan to be players in FA and try to get back to competing in 2020 the 1st wont matter as much
so let me get this straight, you want us to move out a good young dman in Forsling PLUS a 2020 1st for a 30 year old Muzzin??? am I reading this right?? and you have the balls to bitch about the moves Bowman has made...

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I like Forsling but its very possible several of kids behind him are viewed higher by organization and that 2020 1st will hopefully be late pick if Hawks are sincere about turning things around this offseason

Draft kid high with tremendous upside at draft + Sign Panarin + Extend Muzzin + Promote a kid or two to roster next year= Should be improved team both defensively and offensively

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I like Forsling but its very possible several of kids behind him are viewed higher by organization and that 2020 1st will hopefully be late pick if Hawks are sincere about turning things around this offseason

Draft kid high with tremendous upside at draft + Sign Panarin + Extend Muzzin + Promote a kid or two to roster next year= Should be improved team both defensively and offensively
but you CONSTANTLY bitch about Bowman trading away our younger players and picks...now you want to do the very thing you have bashed our GM for years on for a 30 year old Muzzin?? Muzzin just makes no sense here. You as usual make no sense..

We have Keith, Murphy, Seabs and Manning all signed for next year. We have already seen what Joker and Forsling can do here, we have kids ready to make the next step - you don't block them with Jake Muzzin right now...the ONLY way I would be okay with a trade like this is if ANOTHER trade immediately followed - meaning we move out Murphy or Seabs somehow...

Reactions: Giovi

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
but you CONSTANTLY ***** about Bowman trading away our younger players and picks...now you want to do the very thing you have bashed our GM for years on for a 30 year old Muzzin?? Muzzin just makes no sense here.

We have Keith, Murphy, Seabs and Manning all signed for next year. We have already seen what Joker and Forsling can do here, we have kids ready to make the next step - you don't block them with Jake Muzzin right now...the ONLY way I would be okay with a trade like this is if ANOTHER trade immediately followed - meaning we move out Murphy or Seabs somehow...

No I bitch and moan about him trading away our young kids for absolute joke returns like the Weise/Flesichman deadl

Infact only Danault , Johns and TT were kids I was bothered by trading off (Not counting guys like Saad or Panarin as kids when they were traded)

Also what has Forsling done here? I like Forsling but his career thus far has been up and down in NHL and he certainly is not an untouchable piece especially with a legit top 4 NHL defender like Muzzin coming back

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I would be trying to get Cal Peterson as well.

This has nothing to do with the Kings but if the Pens are actually thinking of trading Murray, what about Crow for Murray (filling the +/- on each side).

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

This has nothing to do with the Kings but if the Pens are actually thinking of trading Murray, what about Crow for Murray (filling the +/- on each side).

No thanks

The league has figured Murray out and the kid has issues with his confidence that wont be helped in a place like Chicago

Also I have no desire to see Corey skating around raising cup alongside Crosby

Reactions: ColdSteel2

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010

Hell no. Murray is a headcase and made of glass.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

Kings would be asking for Debrincat if you want Peterson

He is future of Kings organization in net

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner

Ya, but the Hawks are at a place where they’re relying heavily on D to develop in order to be competitive again.

You can get away with trading prospect in the short term when you have three elite guys in their primes. At that point, the prospects aren’t making or breaking your franchise.

Some combo of Boqvist, Mitchell, Beaudin, and Krys are very much crucial for this franchise to compete again. None are expendable at the moment unless you’re getting a 22-23 year old who is already a stud.

Reactions: pvr and BobbyJet

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Debrincat for Peterson? This is just stupid.

Quick has 5 more years on his deal.

In regards to Murray, I think he is fixable and has proven he can win. It removes Crow's deal and he still has potential.

Quick wont be the #1 thru 5 more years in LA given physical toll and his style of play

And your the one who is trying to take away the young future #1 in Kings organization from a team that is rebuilding which makes no sense. If you want Peterson from them they will ask for a high price

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
No thanks

The league has figured Murray out and the kid has issues with his confidence that wont be helped in a place like Chicago

Also I have no desire to see Corey skating around raising cup alongside Crosby

Murray is hurt and that's had a big impact. I also think there is something mental going on (I believe his dad passed).

What a player like Crow does with Crosby should have very little impact on what you do. This is not how you manage a team. If you think he will be really good for 4 more years sure then that is a valid reason but saying "raising a cup with Crosby" is your reason it is terrible one.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Debrincat for Peterson? This is just stupid.

Quick has 5 more years on his deal.

In regards to Murray, I think he is fixable and has proven he can win. It removes Crow's deal and he still has potential.

Murray’s confidence may be fixable but he has a bad body. He gets hurt frequently.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad