Speculation: Trading with LA?

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
wouldn't the idea of having Chad Krys-LHD hanging in the wings ready to step in be a perfect send off ??

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
wouldn't the idea of having Chad Krys-LHD hanging in the wings ready to step in be a perfect send off ??
You're saying you want to move Krys to LA?

Since him and Beaudin are our only LHD with top 4 upside, I wouldn't be too keen on moving Krys.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
You're saying you want to move Krys to LA?

Since him and Beaudin are our only LHD with top 4 upside, I wouldn't be too keen on moving Krys.
no.... i meant that Krys is in the wings to take a position, maybe as early as late next season. so Muzzin will keep that position warm for Krys for when he is ready.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
no.... i meant that Krys is in the wings to take a position, maybe as early as late next season. so Muzzin will keep that position warm for Krys for when he is ready.
Oh I see. The problem is then we have to worry about moving Muzzin later. I don't see the point of grabbing temporary pieces when we're not competing this year.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Muzzin is signed for next year and can be extended this offseason at age 30 for additional years (4 years for instance) thus making him part of Hawks team the next 5 years after this one

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Oh I see. The problem is then we have to worry about moving Muzzin later. I don't see the point of grabbing temporary pieces when we're not competing this year.

I guess the idea would be to get Muzzin to compete next year and bridge the gap to the young D, then either let him walk or sign a short term extension. They probably want to compete next season.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
either way, the org has a group of prospects that can help other teams ...... the org can't use them all. we, the team is in a good position esp if SB can use that cap to help the org....

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
either way, the org has a group of prospects that can help other teams ...... the org can't use them all. we, the team is in a good position esp if SB can use that cap to help the org....

We don’t know which prospects will help the club until they develop and arrive. It’s shortsighted to trade those prospects now.

Some will bust, you don’t know which ones, and you need cover for those players that will ultimately bust.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Forsling + 2020 1st for Muzzin provided Hawks have chance to talk to Muzzin agent about his clients interest in signing extension this summer

If Hawks and Muzzin camp can find comfortable assurance a deal can get done you pull trigger then in summer announce extension for Muzzin

If Hawks indeed plan to be players in FA and try to get back to competing in 2020 the 1st wont matter as much

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
They need to see what they have in these prospects though. It’s gonna be bad if Bowman chooses one to go, and he turns into the next Josi.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Forsling + 2020 1st for Muzzin provided Hawks have chance to talk to Muzzin agent about his clients interest in signing extension this summer

If Hawks and Muzzin camp can find comfortable assurance a deal can get done you pull trigger then in summer announce extension for Muzzin

If Hawks indeed plan to be players in FA and try to get back to competing in 2020 the 1st wont matter as much
I'm not against moving the 2020 1st since I think we can compete next season, but I'm not moving it for Muzzin. In fact I wouldn't move it until the 2020 trade deadline just to be sure.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
What about a guy like Derek Forbort?

SAH LHD who will be turning 27 this year. If Kings make him available he would be type of defender who would fit with Hawks if intention is for a quick turnaround/retool not rebuild

LDF

Sep 28, 2016

SAH LHD who will be turning 27 this year. If Kings make him available he would be type of defender who would fit with Hawks if intention is for a quick turnaround/retool not rebuild
what is his up side ??

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side

For a first? Pass. We need to rehab the entire defense. Forsling looks like at minimum he’ll be a guy and Joker looks like a second pairing type floor with top pairing upside. We’ve got no idea if Boqvist Mitchell Beaudin pan out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad