Speculation: Trading with LA?

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
In b4 Stan trades for Kovy....I hope its Toffoli...and if Stan moves the 2020 1st in any deal with LA he should be walked out of the UC

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
and who says a near 30 year old Muzzin won't be another joke return?? his best days are likely behind him yet you want to trade Forsling AND A ****ING 1st for him...you make no sense man, if you cannot see how full of **** you are right here, not sure what else to say.

and I am not claiming Forsling will be great, but FFS, he is what 24 years old...absolute no reason to move him for a soon to be 30 year old UNLESS we are fighting for a Cup this year.
Just want to point out that Forsling is 22 for the rest of this season. Doesn't turn 23 until mid June.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Because Strome was never given a chance. We've seen what Bennett is and what he can do. He's just another Ryan Hartman.
Strome has been given plenty of chances to be a NHLer, he just didn't do a ton with it...maybe not getting top line chances a lot but they tried with him..I am not saying Strome is a bust at all, like ChiHawks10 said neither are a bust...seems odd to call Bennett a bust but not Strome is all..

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Sam Bennett 22 years old. 269 games played, 46g, 52A, 213 pims.
Dylan Strome 21 years old. 52 games played. 9g, 10A. 14 Pims.
Penalty minutes I just thought bennetts totals were interesting.
Bennett is still young enough to improve but has played quite a few more games to consider over strome.
I wouldn't mind Bennett coming back as a option for the 3rd line.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
I know I'm really late. DeBrincat for Petersen. You're so lost on that one BWC. Petersen is not some young talent. He's a UDFA goalie that has played well and put up average numbers everywhere else. AKA a dime a dozen guy who is playing well. Could he become better? Sure. But those players have absolutely no value and guys like him pass through waivers all the time.

Edit: I guess he was drafted but didn't sign with Buffalo.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Would definitely be open to taking a chance in Bennett as a 3rd line center, as long as it doesn’t cost anything significant.

Not sure why you’d be against taking that chance.
seems exactly like the kind of lotto ticket you would want to get.

I am sure we could package something for them, maybe Rutta or Anisimov could be good for the Flames to work with there..some type of package for Bennett would be cool with me if it involved a guy like Anisimov...

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
seems exactly like the kind of lotto ticket you would want to get.

I am sure we could package something for them, maybe Rutta or Anisimov could be good for the Flames to work with there..some type of package for Bennett would be cool with me if it involved a guy like Anisimov...

Yep, totally fine parting with Anisimov and/or Rutta for him. Obviously you don’t trade any significant prospect for him, but either of those guys mentioned are absolutely on the table for me.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I’d be ok with a Anisimov for Bennett deal. Not sure I’d be ok with a deal for Muzzin/Martinez though. It doesn’t seem like it fits a retooling direction this team is heading in

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
I’d be ok with a Anisimov for Bennett deal. Not sure I’d be ok with a deal for Muzzin/Martinez though. It doesn’t seem like it fits a retooling direction this team is heading in

I’m patient enough to stay on the path we are on now and I think you are too. But most people are sick of it, so expect to see them do an about face this offseason. At least with Muzzin or Martinez, it’s not a long term deal.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
They were scouting Edmonton right? Puljujarvi?

I’d move Sikura for him.

3 years younger and I doubt Colliton likes Sikura’s soft game as he seems to only be willing to let Kane get away with playing soft.

Just don’t think Sikura sees a significant role under Colliton, unless there’s a major change in Sikura’s game.

I’d rather get three years younger and have a guy who can still work out as a top-6er, rather than just let Sikura flame out in Rockford.

Reactions: clydesdale line

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
I’d move Sikura for him.

3 years younger and I doubt Colliton likes Sikura’s soft game as he seems to only be willing to let Kane get away with playing soft.

Just don’t think Sikura sees a significant role under Colliton, unless there’s a major change in Sikura’s game.

I’d rather get three years younger and have a guy who can still work out as a top-6er, rather than just let Sikura flame out in Rockford.
That would be great, and I'd love that trade, but I think it would be more expensive than just Sikura.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
I had some ideas. I don't think they're scouting LA. They don't make sense
Hawks-Oilers
D. Sikura and Rutta for Puljujarvi
Hawks-Flames
Crawford for Bennett/Kylington/Smith
Hawks-Canucks
Kruger/Manning for Gagner

CanadianHawks

Feb 23, 2018
Getting either of Martinez or Muzzin would be massive gets. Muzzin is a number 2 and Martinez is a solid second pair D who can play either side. Not sure what the price would be tho

Wonder if the Kings might like a guy like Gustafsson as a part of the package in an attempt to get more of a push from the back end getting younger and cheaper

Reactions: ColdSteel2

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
I had some ideas. I don't think they're scouting LA. They don't make sense
Hawks-Oilers
D. Sikura and Rutta for Puljujarvi
Hawks-Flames
Crawford for Bennett/Kylington/Smith
Hawks-Canucks
Kruger/Manning for Gagner

I remember ALOT of posters here liked that kid coming out of the draft (in fact I remember him slipping to the second round)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad