Habs at the World Championships (May 10-May 26) | TSN, TSN.ca, NHLN, IIHF Worlds 2024 YouTube channel

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
You guys have stellar forward Kapanen. Interesting to see how fast he will adjust his game NHL rink. I wouldnt be shocked If he choose AHL over Sweden. Versatile and up right player. He had quite big jump this year on Liiga after slow start.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
You guys have stellar forward Kapanen. Interesting to see how fast he will adjust his game NHL rink. I wouldnt be shocked If he choose AHL over Sweden. Versatile and up right player. He had quite big jump this year on Liiga after slow start.

If Habs sign him to an ELC, he has to be sent to Europe if he doesn't crack the Habs' line-up out of camp in Year 1 of that ELC. In Year 2, they don't have to loan him even if he does have a contract at Timra. Canadiens will be able to keep him in NA, whether with Habs or Laval.

It was the same as Heineman. They signed him to his ELC, but he was also under contract for two years at Leksand. The first year, he had to be loaned. However, as of Year 2 of the ELC, Habs kept him in NA even if he still have a valid contract in SHL.

Going back to Kapanen, what I've appreciated about him is that each year since he was drafted, there's been progression, both in his production but also his role within the organization and the line-up at KalPa.

StCaufield

Mar 14, 2022
Is there an updated list of who’s in the worlds for Montreal? Surprised I don’t see Monty considering he stole the show last year

MrNasty

Jun 13, 2007
Nova Scotia
Is there an updated list of who’s in the worlds for Montreal? Surprised I don’t see Monty considering he stole the show last year
Slaf
Caufield
Guhle
Kapanen
Rohrer

1715526495597.png

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
No but seriously.....why not get the kid with Laval with Dobes? I still wonder why he wasn't signed....

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
No but seriously.....why not get the kid with Laval with Dobes? I still wonder why he wasn't signed....
It was a numbers thing I would think, they didn't see a spot for him, too many young guys at the same time, etc. He might not have been too keen on coming to north america unless he had a concrete spot, too.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Total contract slots and the fact he signed a 2 years contract extension not long before the Habs's rights were expiring is my guess.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Monty said on l'antichambre that he wanted to take a few weeks off and have a full off season training schedule before next season, he couldn't do that last year. He said he was gonna do physical training sessions until July then do on ice sessions.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Can't believe the worthless Ned is in nets for US. They should have played him against the worst team they face.

Kapanen wins the faceoff and then tips another one in. 1-0 Finland.

Last edited:

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
I love Popisil! Wonder what would be the cost from Calgary. A nice bottom 6 energy type player

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad