Speculation: Trading with LA?

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Quick wont be the #1 thru 5 more years in LA given physical toll and his style of play

And your the one who is trying to take away the young future #1 in Kings organization from a team that is rebuilding which makes no sense. If you want Peterson from them they will ask for a high price

No one is going to trade for 5 more years of Quick. Peterson is already arb. eligible and will get paid if he keeps it up.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Murray’s confidence may be fixable but he has a bad body. He gets hurt frequently.

He played 49 games the past two seasons and we have no idea if he has a bad body. Does Crow have a bad body? Carey Price? Quick? I guess by your standards they do.

I think he can be fixed and I am not on board with deciding that Murray has a bad body already.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
No one is going to trade for 5 more years of Quick. Peterson is already arb. eligible and will get paid if he keeps it up.

Its his 1st NHL season and they don't need to trade Quick who is injured right now anyway. They transition him to a 1B situation and then deal with him a couple years down line when he is costly vet backup

As Luongo showed there will always be team looking for former #1's with name recognition in 30's

Fascinating how you think teams will give away young talent and ask Hawks for nothing in return

You want the Kings young talent as they head into rebuild you better expect they will ask for our top young talent back

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Its his 1st NHL season and they don't need to trade Quick who is injured right now anyway. They transition him to a 1B situation and then deal with him a couple years down line when he is costly vet backup

As Luongo showed there will always be team looking for former #1's with name recognition in 30's

Fascinating how you think teams will give away young talent and ask Hawks for nothing in return

You want the Kings young talent as they head into rebuild you better expect they will ask for our top young talent back

Where did I say nothing in return? Hint: You are making shit up again.

I am willing to pay for Peterson but Debrincat is not close to the right value.

This shouldn't be shocking to me but you have no idea what Peterson's value is. He was a 91% save percentage last year with a 2.58 GAA in the AHL and had a 88.1% save percentage with a 4.48 GAA this year. You claim Murray is figured out then act like Peterson won't be? Murray destroys Peterson as a prospect. This is stupidity.

Goalies develop later.

Last edited:

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Where did I say nothing in return? Hint: You are making **** up again.

So what actual value are you willing to pay for Peterson? Because Kings aren't going to trade young future in net for crap

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I wouldn't pay anything for Peterson, is he really any better than Delia, or Nalimov?

He has the potential to be better but he is not some world beater. Delia is a good prospect and has been impressive. Goalies are just a crapshoot to draft.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I wouldn't pay anything for Peterson, is he really any better than Delia, or Nalimov?
Speaking of goalies, when the f*** are we moving Forsberg?

We've got 3 goalies in Rockford right now.

Maybe that's the +

Anisimov + Forsberg for Toffoli :laugh:

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
No I ***** and moan about him trading away our young kids for absolute joke returns like the Weise/Flesichman deadl

Infact only Danault , Johns and TT were kids I was bothered by trading off (Not counting guys like Saad or Panarin as kids when they were traded)

Also what has Forsling done here? I like Forsling but his career thus far has been up and down in NHL and he certainly is not an untouchable piece especially with a legit top 4 NHL defender like Muzzin coming back
and who says a near 30 year old Muzzin won't be another joke return?? his best days are likely behind him yet you want to trade Forsling AND A f***ING 1st for him...you make no sense man, if you cannot see how full of shit you are right here, not sure what else to say.

and I am not claiming Forsling will be great, but FFS, he is what 24 years old...absolute no reason to move him for a soon to be 30 year old UNLESS we are fighting for a Cup this year.

Reactions: Pez68

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Where did I say nothing in return? Hint: You are making **** up again.

This shouldn't be shocking to me but you have no idea what Peterson's value is. He was a 91% save percentage last year with a 2.58 GAA in the AHL and had a 88.1% save percentage with a 4.48 GAA this year. You claim Murray is figured out then act like Peterson won't be? Murray destroys Peterson as a prospect. This is stupidity.

Goalies develop later.

So a young 23 yr old goalie in first year as pro puts up a very respectable 91%/2.58 GAA year and then struggles in small sample size and that makes him somehow no longer promising

Funny how you are posting his early season struggling AHL #'s and ignoring his NHL play to date this year

4-4 with 2.41 GAA and .929 sv pct in 9 games

The 24 yr old Peterson is future in net for Kings and they have no reason as they head into rebuild to give him away for a defender who at best is what 6th on Hawks prospect list among defenders and late round pick

You want a quality young goalie prospect already showing he can play in NHL from a rebuilding team you better be prepared to pay more then
Krys

Frankly its laughable how your trashing the goalie you wanted and spoke highly of earlier in thread to diminish his value to somehow spin it as he is worthless to Kings and should be given away

And Matt Murray has been an absolute joke this year and struggled all of last year. He cant stop a beachball right now and the Pens are looking to move him that says enough about what they think of Murray and his mental toughness going forward

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
3 Hawks scouts were also at the Dallas/Calgary game on Wednesday. Not sure what's going there. Doubt they were looking at Dallas players since they're division rivals. I don't see anyone of interest in Calgary.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
They don't really need a goalie as they have David Rittich who is playing well and currently are in 1st place in division

They signed Rittich from Europe thinking he has talent/upside to be #1 in NHL and it appears he is finally proving them right

What they need is an improvement over Smith at #2 goalie spot

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
So a young 23 yr old goalie in first year as pro puts up a very respectable 91%/2.58 GAA year and then struggles in small sample size and that makes him somehow no longer promising Never said this. This is Peterson's second pro season. Just another thing you go wrong.

Funny how you are posting his early season struggling AHL #'s and ignoring his NHL play to date this year Never did this.

4-4 with 2.41 GAA and .929 sv pct in 9 games Already stated he looked good hence why we would trade for him.

The 24 yr old Peterson is future in net for Kings and they have no reason as they head into rebuild to give him away for a defender who at best is what 6th on Hawks prospect list among defenders and late round pick. Rank on the prospect like means little as it is about the quality of the prospect. Only someone that is clueless would use prospect rank.

You want a quality young goalie prospect already showing he can play in NHL from a rebuilding team you better be prepared to pay more then
Krys. PMD prospects have a lot of value.

Frankly its laughable how your trashing the goalie you wanted and spoke highly of earlier in thread to diminish his value to somehow spin it as he is worthless to Kings and should be given away Never did this. Clarifying value is not trashing because you made a stupid comment saying it would cost Debrincat.

And Matt Murray has been an absolute joke this year and struggled all of last year. He cant stop a beachball right now and the Pens are looking to move him that says enough about what they think of Murray and his mental toughness going forward You trade for him now because you think you can fix his issues and you get him cheap. This is pretty easy to comprehend. Buy Low Sell High.

Are you dense? You ability to comprehend things at this point is rather pathetic but hey you have to get to those narratives.

Peterson is not Carter Hart.

Reactions: Pez68

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad