Trades and Free Agent Talk -- Look for smoke

Status
Not open for further replies.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
I think whichever plays with Lindholm tends to end up with more minutes on a given night.

People would be really surprised by how well Gudbranson has played for the Ducks though, I know I sure have been.

Yeah, I could see people not getting excited about a Gudbranson / Hainsey until they don't have them.

That's where I'm at with the Leafs, go big or go get an effective player.

I'm not sold on Manson for what he'll cost. Seems like he's going to be the best he can as the 2nd. best on his pairing.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Do you pull out the best scotch you own more often than your daily drinker?

he is a wild fan, he posts there i assume. His post history goes back to the wild board.

Not saying there is anything wrong with that, but thats why he only replies to Dumba related trade proposals here

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Manson plays less than Gudbranson.

Surprising.

Yes, 8 seconds less than Gudbranson (TOI/game). There isn't much (time) difference between their 1st pair (Lindholm/Gudbranson) and their 2nd pair (Manson/Fowler).

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
Do you only post in response to Dumba trades? I haven't seen you talk about anything else, and now you're coming on the Leafs board to do it lmao.

Yes he is a roving Wild fan who travels from board to board nixing trades. Polite but refuses to deal:)

Reactions: TorMapleJays

biotk

Jan 3, 2017
Buffalo
Yes, 8 seconds less than Gudbranson (TOI/game). There isn't much (time) difference between their 1st pair (Lindholm/Gudbranson) and their 2nd pair (Manson/Fowler).

When you remove the game in which Manson was injured in the first period, Manson has played about 20 seconds more per game. Also, Manson has been with Lindholm for most of the year on the first pairing - and hence Manson's QoC is well above Gudbranson's and has been the highest on the Ducks over the past 3+ seasons.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
When you remove the game in which Manson was injured in the first period, Manson has played about 20 seconds more per game. Also, Manson has been with Lindholm for most of the year on the first pairing - and hence Manson's QoC is well above Gudbranson's and has been the highest on the Ducks over the past 3+ seasons.
Cannot comment on the bolded. I've been looking at a few different sources over the last 2 or 3 weeks. I used (just now, for my post) this website:

Team Line Combinations - Daily Faceoff

Which website do you use for that kind of info? Thanks.

I did see that Fowler & Lindholm get PP time.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
I don't think you understood the question...

Yeah, but I got a really nice bottle of scotch a few years ago, and can't stand the smell of it so it's been sitting around for about 4 years.

So I'll just go with a bourbon because it does the job and not overpriced due to reputation.

Manson you play all the time, just like you do Gudbranson.

Leafs don't need an overpriced bottle of scotch.

biotk

Jan 3, 2017
Buffalo
Cannot comment on the bolded. I've been looking at a few different sources over the last 2 or 3 weeks. I used (just now, for my post) this website:

Team Line Combinations - Daily Faceoff

Which website do you use for that kind of info? Thanks.

I have watched a lot of Anaheim games this season....not sure why. If you go to naturalstattrick and then look at defensive pairs - you will have to filter for just Anaheim it lists Lindholm/Manson as their most common pair. Over the course of the season Manson has played with Lindholm about 70% of the time at 5v5. But anyways some time around mid-January they switched up the pairs (from Lindholm/Manson and Fowler/Gud to Lindholm/Gud and Fowler/Manson) after losing something like 7 out of 8 games. And Lindholm/Gud was also very common when Manson was injured.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
I have watched a lot of Anaheim games this season....not sure why. If you go to naturalstattrick and then look at defensive pairs - you will have to filter for just Anaheim it lists Lindholm/Manson as their most common pair. Over the course of the season Manson has played with Lindholm about 70% of the time at 5v5. But anyways some time around mid-January they switched up the pairs (from Lindholm/Manson and Fowler/Gud to Lindholm/Gud and Fowler/Manson) after losing something like 7 out of 8 games. And Lindholm/Gud was also very common when Manson was injured.
Thanks for your feedback. I watch a couple of hockey games basically every night (NHLTV.com). I've been catching a lot of the late Western Conference games as well. It seems to be a workable timeframe for me I guess.

Reactions: biotk

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Manson is worth a lot. He provides something that almost no one else in the league can, and does so at an affordable price. Toronto doesn't have a first, Ceci is basically a cap dump, Bracco has very little value and people on here also dramatically over-value how much Kapanen, Dermott and Liljegren are actually worth. The 3 certainly have value, but not what people on here think.
What exactly does he provide that almost no other player in the league provides?
That’s an entree sized portion of hyperbole.

Reactions: ULF_55

goleafsgo1990

Feb 7, 2012
Friedman stated that several GMs would be shocked if Manson was moved, and had a quote from one GM saying the Ducks love Manson more than your wife loves you.

Eh it’s hard to read far into that as well. Those types of comments have been said about many players right before they were traded.

goleafsgo1990

Feb 7, 2012
What exactly does he provide that almost no other player in the league provides?
That’s an entree sized portion of hyperbole.

What? I’m not even..Go read the thread and do your own research to realize why we think Manson is a perfect fit, because he is and there aren’t many feasible fits out there.

Northofyu

Nov 12, 2018
While like many I'd like Manson, also don't think I'd include Lilly in package for him. (& is he fully back from his injury? - saw Ducks post that said his skating wasn't)

But if Oilers are really high on Kappy, Larsson would seem more doable. & if so, throw in Marincin as a freebee just for laughs.

ps I like Severson too if he's available

Last edited:

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
What? I’m not even..Go read the thread and do your own research to realize why we think Manson is a perfect fit, because he is and there aren’t many feasible fits out there.
Well, yes sir.

I know the player.
I’m wondering how all of a sudden he provides something that almost no one else in the league can provide.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Well, yes sir.

I know the player.
I’m wondering how all of a sudden he provides something that almost no one else in the league can provide.

Probably his Norris trophies?

Or his Rod Langway Award?

Rod Langway Award - to the defenceman who best excels in the defensive aspect of the game.
1. Jaccob Slavin, Carolina Hurricanes
2. Alex Pietrangelo, St. Louis Blues
3. Jared Spurgeon, Minnesota Wild

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad