Speculation: Who are we keeping this offseason?

These can all walk away if not signed or qualified(RFAs) this offseason, Pick your players

• Jesse Ylönen, 24, RFA

Votes: 12 44.4%
  • Justin Barron, 22, RFA

Votes: 26 96.3%
  • Arber Xhekaj, 23, RFA

Votes: 27 100.0%
  • Mattias Norlinder, 24, RFA

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Filip Cederqvist, 23, RFA

• Lias Andersson, 25, RFA

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Arnaud Durandeau, 25, RFA

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Mitchell Stephens, 27, UFA

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Brady Keeper, 27, UFA

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Philippe Maillet, 31, UFA

• Cédric Guindon, 20, Must be signed before June 1st, 2024

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Jared Davidson, 21, Must be signed before June 1st, 2024

Votes: 22 81.5%
  • Miguel Tourigny, 22, Must be signed before June 1st, 2024

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Petteri Nurmi, 22, Must be signed before June 1st, 2024

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Alexander Gordin, 22, Must be signed before June 1st, 2024

Votes: 1 3.7%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

xX SEYF Xx

Apr 5, 2022
Montreal
After the Engstrom signing today, I looked up the list of our prospects/players that could walk away this offseason if not signed

Barron and Xhekaj are no brainers

Yolo? headscratcher, I think he gone or his rights traded

Guindon and Davidson signed 2 ways or only AHL?

I hope no one is offended I didn't include White or Pearson

Yes, Gordin is still there, for less than a month tho

No, Arvid Henrikson is not there anymore

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
FYI, Habs can only sign 4 of them to ELC or One-way/Two-way contracts before July 1st, since the team is at 46 contracts on 50. And I suspect they might want to keep at least 1 slot for a possible trade around the draft.

xX SEYF Xx

Apr 5, 2022
Montreal
FYI, Habs can only sign 4 of them to ELC or One-way/Two-way contracts before July 1st, since the team is at 46 contracts on 50. And I suspect they might want to keep at least 1 slot for a possible trade around the draft.
Yes, that applies to the prospects that must be signed before June 1st

After July 1st, we will have more room as the UFAs clear the floor

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Since the thread is about the Rocket, might help if there was an indication in the thread title. This looked like a lot of other existing threads before opening it. Just a suggestion.

xX SEYF Xx

Apr 5, 2022
Montreal
Since the thread is about the Rocket, might help if there was an indication in the thread title. This looked like a lot of other existing threads before opening it. Just a suggestion.
mmm... don't think this is Rocket related, those are all the players in the habs system (NHL, two way NHL/AHL and unsigned prospects) that are due to be signed or released this offseason

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
mmm... don't think this is Rocket related, those are all the players in the habs system (NHL, two way NHL/AHL and unsigned prospects) that are due to be signed or released this offseason
Outside of the top 3 on your list (with Arber and Barron shoo-ins on the NHL roster and Ylonen’s future unknown), the rest of the players named are AHL bound.

But cool, as you wish.

xX SEYF Xx

Apr 5, 2022
Montreal
Outside of the top 3 on your list (with Arber and Barron shoo-ins on the NHL roster and Ylonen’s future unknown), the rest of the players named are AHL bound.

But cool, as you wish.
All of those (excluding the unsigned prospects) are counted in the 46 contracts, the Ahlers there had 2way NHL/AHL contracts and they are listed in the capfriendly page of the habs
I didn't name Galipeau for example, because he isn't in the habs system, he is AHL only, like Gignac was AHL only before he signed mid season and is now listed in the capfriendly page as non roster
the unsigned prospects that need to be signed before june 1st are also not Rocket bound

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
Barron, Xhekaj, Davidson IMO. Although I wouldn't be shocked to see Barron moved for a struggling forward to make way for Mailloux. Berggren would be my target.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad