Trades and Free Agent Talk -- Look for smoke

Status
Not open for further replies.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
I'm not sure we need big Stickty, I'm looking at effective bang for our buck and I think DeMelo fits that bill

With no Moore and Mikheyev out long term our options to move guys out up front is starting to narrow, I'm thinking we may just wait on that one
I'm not the person you should be telling we don't need big. Say that to Dubas:laugh:

I could sign up for DeMelo.

Reactions: Kiwi

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
I'm a little disappointed we didn't get Georgiev but Campbell isn't bad I suppose.

I wanted a goalie that could be a #1 by the end of Andersen's contract. By having Campbell for next year too that kind of rules out trading for another goalie. I guess we are on the Woll train now.
Apparently Leafs really like Ian Scott.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
2020-2021

upload_2020-2-6_1-8-55.png

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
Happy to see last night's trade.
Does this float anyone's boat?

To Ottawa: Kapanen, Ceci and a 4th.
To Toronto: DeMelo, Brown and a 2nd

We give up the best player, a cap dump and an equalizer pick.
We receive a better than D (UFA after this season), a replacement RW for Kappy (RFA after this season), and the support pick if they were to walk after this season.
I think Brown would be very excited to be back, but would we wish to re-sign him?
DeMelo...I'm guessing after this season Ottawa, amongst many teams would try to acquire him. No guarantee he sticks around.
Would a DeMelo/Johnsson (or something like this) combination net us something better, if we wished to flip?

Is this total BS :laugh:?

I'm guessing we have one or two more trades to look forward to before the TDL. Dubas has his work cut out for him, RD is still a need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad