Trades and Free Agent Talk -- Look for smoke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Not really because a trade for either of them individually likely could've/should've been made earlier.

The back up issue goes back to the summer and even before.

You do realize there are two sides to a trade right?

LA isn’t moving Campbell just cause. It’s because they are now at a point where they see Cal Peterson as a guy who can come up and take over.

We wanted Clifford in the Muzzin deal last year and LA wouldn’t move him. So perhaps LA decided just recently they’d move him.

Moore was hurt. LA ensuring Peterson was ready. Hutch going on his “hot streak”. LA unsure if they wanted to move Clifford. Not to mention the obvious cap considerations

This isn’t a video game. There are actual considerations outside of just value.

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
You do realize there are two sides to a trade right?

LA isn’t moving Campbell just cause. It’s because they are now at a point where they see Cal Peterson as a guy who can come up and take over.

We wanted Clifford in the Muzzin deal last year and LA wouldn’t move him. So perhaps LA decided just recently they’d move him.

Moore was hurt. LA ensuring Peterson was ready. Hutch going on his “hot streak”. LA unsure if they wanted to move Clifford. Not to mention the obvious cap considerations

This isn’t a video game. There are actual considerations outside of just value.

So because of L.A and their convenience we didn't get a back goalie until February?

I try see both sides of a trade just look at the last page with some posts about Petry, but there's been an area that has needed adressing since Sparks was handed the back up job.

Last edited:

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Feel a bit better now. Of course it depends on how Campbell's play, but I like it right now.

Dragao6

Dec 25, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Manson and ritchie for barrie, johnson and a +?
This would probably need to be a 3 way trade

Hamonic and bennett for ceci and kerfoot and a +?

Josh anderson somehow???

I would be happy with that team

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Okay guys any guesses who you think the defenceman might be. I think it might be Manson.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Okay guys any guesses who you think the defenceman might be. I think it might be Manson.
If the Dman is Manson, he better be wearing the Blue and White on Friday instead of Sat, bc he will score the winning goal on his last game as a Ducks against the Leafs.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki

I think your aiming to high

I think it's going to be somebody more under the radar that fits the teams major need, a more defensively inclined defenseman

I'm thinking DeMelo for futures and we try to keep the forward core together until the off-season

Reactions: kb and stickty111

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
I think your aiming to high

I think it's going to be somebody more under the radar that fits the teams major need, a more defensively inclined defenseman

I'm thinking DeMelo for futures and we try to keep the forward core together until the off-season
Possibly but I get the feeling Dubas will do something semi big.

I am Canadian

AM34|WN88|MM16
May 22, 2008
Toronto
I'm a little disappointed we didn't get Georgiev but Campbell isn't bad I suppose.

I wanted a goalie that could be a #1 by the end of Andersen's contract. By having Campbell for next year too that kind of rules out trading for another goalie. I guess we are on the Woll train now.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Possibly but I get the feeling Dubas will do something semi big.

I'm not sure we need big Stickty, I'm looking at effective bang for our buck and I think DeMelo fits that bill

With no Moore and Mikheyev out long term our options to move guys out up front is starting to narrow, I'm thinking we may just wait on that one

Reactions: stickty111
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad