Trades and Free Agent Talk - A New Season A New Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
My move.

Kapanen. For David savard retained to make salaries even.

Kappy is only owed about 2.5 for the next 2’yrs. savard more even with 1 million retention

Leafs lines would be.

Johnson. Matthews. Nylander.
Hyman. Tavares. Marner.
Soup. Kerfoot. Moore
Shore Goat. Spezza.

Rielly. Savard
Muzzin. Barrie.
Dermott. Ceci.

Annnnnd cup.

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
Well if it was that close they would have went with Liljegren over Sandin since he's a year older and is burning an ELC year this year regardless of where he plays. Trust me they wanted Liljegren to be ready. He wasn't/isn't yet.
As it stands right now, Sandin I believe goes down after 9 games. It's terrible asset management to have one of our best (if not best) prospects playing minimal minutes on a third pairing and seeing no special teams time either. Also if kept, burning a valuable ELC year for nothing. I thought during training camp it'd be Sandin staying up all year, but Babs had said many times with Hakstol back there running the D now, everyone has a fair chance and a clean slate. And personally if he keeps it up, Holl is better suited for the role right now of 15 mins or less + PK time. I think when healthy our third pairing ends up Dermott-Holl, as things stand today
Isn’t liljgren a right defenceman and Sandin is a left defenceman? They had holl and marincin for the RD. Was there anyone to fill the LD beside Sandin. Legit question. He’s replacing Dermott. I can’t think right now.

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
I'm presuming one of them will be Barabanov

Not that has to one of the big two teams, but of the players that can be actually be signed. Zub his teammate on SKA has drawn interested and from CSKA Grigorenko and Okulov are the are main ones there.

Also the goalie of SKA Melnichuk would be of interest as well, but due to his age and experience, I could see him re-signing there still.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Wayne Simmonds signed a 1yr - 5mill deal with the devils.

Any way we can fit him in if the Devils continue to suck

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Any more ideas? Who else
Could it be

He was there for only two days, so likely couldn't travel further than Moscow and St.Petersburg, so we need to check whick teams played there in those days. And it basically looks like it could be SKA with guys on expiring contracts like Barabanov, Zub, Burdasov and Melnichuk and, possibly, Avangard, but you won't like the only realistical name on Avangard's roster, as it starts with "Voy" and ends with "nov".

Reactions: Menzinger

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
He was there for only two days, so likely couldn't travel further than Moscow and St.Petersburg, so we need to check whick teams played there in those days. And it basically looks like it could be SKA with guys on expiring contracts like Barabanov, Zub, Burdasov and Melnichuk and, possibly, Avangard, but you won't like the only realistical name on Avangard's roster, as it starts with "Voy" and ends with "nov".
Can he play RHD? I believe in giving second chance to people.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006

Hmmmm well that would be controversial I’m sure but a dubas decision. It would have to be based on multiple factors.

I don’t know enough about the situation......
I’m sure that’s not it. But if it was. I would guess dubas would want to talk to the family in person

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land

He's injured right now, but would Zernov be a possibility?

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
Isn’t liljgren a right defenceman and Sandin is a left defenceman? They had holl and marincin for the RD. Was there anyone to fill the LD beside Sandin. Legit question. He’s replacing Dermott. I can’t think right now.
Marincin is a LD. They put him on the right side when necessary. When Dermott comes back that's another LD. In a perfect world Liljegren was ready to form a Dermott-Liljegren pairing this year. So as far as handedness goes, we really need a RD more than a LD. Holl has taken that spot for now

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
In theory yes, but since he will miss most of the season with that injury I doubt that he will want to cross the pond in that kind of shape. Not to mention that his surgery was made in Germany, so he might still be recovering there.

I suppose also he could also be candidate for one of the big two teams as well.

Anyway thanks for insight.

Reactions: Caser

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
It's not like Avangard would be small now. :)

Oh no, there's a few others as well. But those two in particular seem try harder to collect or draw in the talent from around the country.

I think if a player were to move to new team he would likely end up signing a multi-year deal which would mean a longer wait.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Oh no, there's a few others as well. But those two in particular seem try harder to collect or draw in the talent from around the country.

I think if a player were to move to new team he would likely end up signing a multi-year deal which would mean a longer wait.

I don't know, I don't think Avangard offers lesser salaries than SKA and CSKA or tries less hard now - I mean, just couple of months ago they've thrown huge amount of money on Scherbak. But yeah, it's unlikely that other teams would agree to a short-term deal, that's why I also doubt that Zernov would move away from Avangard. If I would be him I'd re-sign for one more year to properly recover from basically a lost season and then would be considering options.

Reactions: Rare Jewel

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
I don't know, I don't think Avangard offers lesser salaries than SKA and CSKA or tries less hard now - I mean, just couple of months ago they've thrown huge amount of money on Scherbak. But yeah, it's unlikely that other teams would agree to a short-term deal, that's why I also doubt that Zernov would move away from Avangard. If I would be him I'd re-sign for one more year to properly recover from basically a lost season and then would be considering options.

Isn't also part of the supposed draw of CSKA and SKA that, it's not necessarily an easier path to national team, but it doesn't hurt either because they try to bring players who play together on their clubs teams?

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Isn't also part of the supposed draw of CSKA and SKA that, it's not necessarily an easier path to national team, but it doesn't hurt either because they try to bring players who play together on their clubs teams?

It is easier to get to the NT from SKA, as the coach there is also the coach of the NT, but again, SKA have gotten much weaker now, they'll just have to do it some other way now. And for CSKA it is just that currently they got the top players, they're in the tier of their own, so it's logical that some of them will play for NT too, just because they're the best guys out there. And also we should remember that it applies mostly to tournaments, where NHL-ers are not available, which in the current case are just those unimportant EuroHockeyTour games.

Reactions: Rare Jewel

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
He is RHD and would sign for a minimum price, but c'mon, it's not a good idea even from a "second chance" point of view - he just would be eaten alive by the local medias (and Dubas too, btw).
Second chance, second chance.
IMO, Dubas is not going to sign Voynov, actually I doubt any GMs would

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Second chance, second chance.
IMO, Dubas is not going to sign Voynov, actually I doubt any GMs would

I also don't think Dubas would do it, but I'd say that out of 31 GMs there will be someone, who could be interested in a Top4 RHD for the cost of peanuts for a season, especially if he is in the cap hell and is aiming for something serious.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
I also don't think Dubas would do it, but I'd say that out of 31 GMs there will be someone, who could be interested in a Top4 RHD for the cost of peanuts for a season, especially if he is in the cap hell and is aiming for something serious.
Don't think the NHL would allow it.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Cody Ceci for Adam Lowry
Kapanen for David Savard

Hyman - Tavares - Marner
Johnsson - Mathews - Nylander
Mikheyev - Kerfoot - Moore
Timashov - Lowry - Gauthier

Reilly - Savard
Muzzin - Barrie
Sandin - Dermott

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Greg Pateryn is another bottom-pairing RD we can target with Minny playing like trash.

Pateryn is a big gritty Dman who plays thick body hockey. Has a low cap-hit of 2.25 aav

At the very least, would be great to have an Injury replacement for the playoffs over guys like Marincin/Holl. He's a veteran.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad