Trades and Free Agent Talk - A New Season A New Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hustlr

Oct 1, 2019
I wonder if by say mid November if the Leafs paired Bracco with Ceci if they could get an upgrade on D from a team not likely to make the playoffs

I think the package should be Ceci and one of our roster wingers. That will get us an upgrade, just a matter of finding the right partner.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
I wonder if by say mid November if the Leafs paired Bracco with Ceci if they could get an upgrade on D from a team not likely to make the playoffs
I don't mean any disrespect, but is Ceci good, or terrible? Because if he's good, why not keep him. If he's terrible, why would a team out of the playoffs trade a better player for a terrible pending UFA and only get Bracco as an incentive? I think that every contender could beat that package.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
I think the package should be Ceci and one of our roster wingers. That will get us an upgrade, just a matter of finding the right partner.
If Ceci is terrible, adding him in the deal does nothing but lower the value the Leafs will receive. If he's ok or good, keep him.

But a non playoff team is highly unlikely to take back a pending UFA without a heavy incentive to do so.

Reactions: Hustlr

Hustlr

Oct 1, 2019
If Ceci is terrible, adding him in the deal does nothing but lower the value the Leafs will receive. If he's ok or good, keep him.

But a non playoff team is highly unlikely to take back a pending UFA without a heavy incentive to do so.

Yup that’s a good point. Maybe a Ceci/Kap deal for a RHD and rental dump?

But again, like you said, it’s too early and lots can change.

Reactions: kb

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Yup that’s a good point. Maybe a Ceci/Kap deal for a RHD and rental dump?

But again, like you said, it’s too early and lots can change.
I think the Leafs could easily get someone like Suter for that package. But then......you have Suter for many more years and he's 34. Maybe if they sent a prospect or retained....

Hustlr

Oct 1, 2019
I think the Leafs could easily get someone like Suter for that package. But then......you have Suter for many more years and he's 34. Maybe if they sent a prospect or retained....

Ugh I really wanted Colin Miller when Boston was offloading him and then Vegas had a ton of extra Dmen. Probably little chance Buffalo would deal him to us.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Ugh I really wanted Colin Miller when Boston was offloading him. Probably little chance Buffalo would deal him to us.
Not as long as they are in front of us. He would have been a nice get.....

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
I don't mean any disrespect, but is Ceci good, or terrible? Because if he's good, why not keep him. If he's terrible, why would a team out of the playoffs trade a better player for a terrible pending UFA and only get Bracco as an incentive? I think that every contender could beat that package.

I think he's pretty medicore. I was thinking a ufa for ufa situation with Bracco helping to get the Leafs even a mild upgrade. Also, with Ceci getting top 4 minutes, i think his value may get inflated (ie other GMs may overvalue him)

kb

Aug 28, 2009
I think he's pretty medicore. I was thinking a ufa for ufa situation with Bracco helping to get the Leafs even a mild upgrade. Also, with Ceci getting top 4 minutes, i think his value may get inflated (ie other GMs may overvalue him)
Here's the thing. Clubs out of the playoffs don't take back UFA's unless there is a very big incentive to do so. Teams out of the playoffs want to sell their own UFA's.

And Bracco doesn't move the needle for anyone....

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Give it another 20+ games and you may get your wish
I might sound off as a Babs hater now, but I was very excited about him being the coach of the Leafs. It is just that whenever I see ex Leafs players doing well(most the time just playing solid) and how they literally play like they don’t belong in the NHL under Babs. It makes me wonder if Babs is actually the problem. Let’s say Martin’s rating is 55 but when he plays under Babs he was like 40, since he could not even cracked the lineup. That’s a drop of close to 30%. If you apply that to Matthews, Marner and other, if they all drop 30% of their talents, they are ‘middle 6 players which is what they have been showing now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad