Proposal: Trade Thread Part 68

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
Lemieux is a fourth liner. Drouin can produce 50 pts. I rather like to keep drouin in that case

Drouin has his issues he continues to deal with, and, assuming he’s successful in doing so, and IF he wants to return to playing in the NHL, you’re at a point where getting something is better than nothing. NHL GM’s are only going to give you pennies on the dollar if that is the case. Drouin is the joker in the deck right now.

Reactions: Sterling Archer

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Drouin has his issues he continues to deal with, and, assuming he’s successful in doing so, and IF he wants to return to playing in the NHL, you’re at a point where getting something is better than nothing. NHL GM’s are only going to give you pennies on the dollar if that is the case. Drouin is the joker in the deck right now.
Sad to say but it's true. It'll be interesting to see what we can get for him. But fans need to keep their expectations very muted. I'd expect him to move at the daft.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Lemieux is a fourth liner. Drouin can produce 50 pts. I rather like to keep drouin in that case

this is of course based on the assumption that Drouin returning is not an option. Nothing definitive there yet, though probably fair to say that it looks highly unlikely he ever suits up for the habs again.

I too would like to get more than that in return, the question is of what value we can source.

2x2nd and a young depth player that adds an element of physicality that we lack in our depth players right now, seems a pretty good return unless you think that his issues this year + the abundance of top-9 fwds that will be on the market this summer won't negatively affect the demand or trade interest for him.

I don't we're getting top-6/50+ point under 30 value for him... to get similar value to what Shaw/Eller moved for in recent years would be, imo, pretty solid.

LAK... Ducks... Coyotes...Sens...Devils... that's about it as far as teams with both cap space and need that may be willing to trade for Drouin without sending bad money back. and that's only if their ownership is willing to take on the $, which isn't a given.

hard to see any other teams willing to try and fit him into the cap, and give up quality assets for.

i think Henrique + a quality asset (high pick or top prospect) might be another option worth looking at... cap hit/salary is almost the same, and Henrique plays a game that would fit in nicely to our top-9. He went to WC this summer and played well for team canada, suspect he's a guy itching to get his career back on track and could bring a lot of value even though he's had a rough 2 years in Anaheim.

Jul 6, 2016
Drouin for Zacha?
Drouin for Tolvanen+?
Drouin for Debrusk (won't happen lol)?
Drouin+ for Hanifin?
Drouin ++ for Ristolainen?

Drouin for Crouse + pick.

Nothing sexy here but I'm trying to find under achiever prospects...

Reactions: 1000eeer

1000eeer

Jan 28, 2020
Quebec city
Just keep Drouin if you can’t get anything for him. A playmaking LW is what we need more than anything and if his head is on straight, he could be the player he always had the potential to be.

I would be willing to keep him but he probably wants out of Montreal... That's the key factor here.

I don't see him coming back in a habs jersey.. ever..

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
Drouin for Zacha?
Drouin for Tolvanen+?
Drouin for Debrusk (won't happen lol)?
Drouin+ for Hanifin?
Drouin ++ for Ristolainen?

Nothing sexy here but I'm trying to find under achiever prospects...
I don't think that we can get Tolvanen out of Nashville, without at least eating salary and maybe adding ourselves. Tolvanen was starting to perform. Particularly torrid from March to April.

Attachments

• CaptureTolvanen.PNG
    CaptureTolvanen.PNG
    508.3 KB · Views: 3

NewEraGM

Jun 19, 2010
Man I’d love a Cam Fowler on this team. I don’t know what it would take to get him. I’d think at least a 1st round pick + prospect + roster player

1st round pick + Poehling + Lehkonen/Armia signed ?

1000eeer

Jan 28, 2020
Quebec city
Man I’d love a Cam Fowler on this team. I don’t know what it would take to get him. I’d think at least a 1st round pick + prospect + roster player

1st round pick 2021 + Poehling + Harris + a cap dump would make it work IMO

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004

He has a very limited NTC and apparently doesn’t want to play in Canada (I don’t have a link but I remember reading this).

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
I would be willing to keep him but he probably wants out of Montreal... That's the key factor here.

I don't see him coming back in a habs jersey.. ever..
We’ve done well by him. Maybe he can be pissed at media, but the org has given him everything he could ask for and more.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
We’ve done well by him. Maybe he can be pissed at media, but the org has given him everything he could ask for and more.

Its not just the media, its the fanbase too. But he was never in a position to succeed in Montreal because he was acquired to be an impact forward (and started playing center) and there was ample evidence that he was never going to be that.

Reactions: 1909

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
I was thinking that if Danault walks....we should make a play Patrick. I'd hesitate dumping Drouin for him because Tatar is likely gone too.

To Philly - 2nd 2021 and 3rd 2022
To Habs - Nolan Patrick

Toffoli - Suzuki - Caufield
Drouin - KK - Anderson
Evans - Patrick - Gally
Lehk - Poehling - Armia/Perry

Time to call up Poehling

Perry can move up and down the lineup if needed.

Evans can shift to centre if needed.

Tons of flexibility here.

My first choice is still to resign Danault

Reactions: VirginiaMtlExpat

1000eeer

Jan 28, 2020
Quebec city
My wishlist:

1. Chariot + pick + prospect <-> Seattle

2. Sign Hyman (not likely) or Schwartz

3. Drouin (cap dump) + Harris + 1st round pick 2021 <-> Severson + Wood

Toffoli - Suzuki - Caufield
Schwartz - KK - Anderson
Wood- Danault - Gallagher
Armia - Evans - Perry
*Extra: Lekhonen

Edmundson - Petry
Romanov - Weber
Kulak - Severson

Price
Allen

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015

His value definitely took a major hit. I would love him here.

X-Eichel-Anderson
Toffoli-Suzuki-Caufield

Going forward looks very good. I've got no clue how much he would cost, maybe something like Kotkaniemi+Guhle+1st+Drouin? It doesn't seem like much for a player of Eichel's calibre (in fact, it likely isn't), but I don't think he will net a giant return like he would have last year.

That being said, I think other teams could also offer some offers of that value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad