Proposal: Trade Thread Part 68

Status
Not open for further replies.

1000eeer

Jan 28, 2020
Quebec city
1. Poehling + Harris + 1st round pick 2021 <-> Hampus Lindholm (with extension)

Would it makes sense for both team?

Or should we target Ristolainen (with extension) instead since our RDs are aging? Bringing in Ristolainen would could give a little break to Weber.

Lindholm - Weber
Edmundson - Petry
Chariot - Kulak

Romanov extra

I would prefer we give a regular spot to Romanov next year. I hope Seattle takes Chariot. We need to make space on the cap.

Last edited:

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
1. Poehling + Harris + 1st round pick 2021 <-> Hampus Lindholm (with extension)

Would it makes sense for both team?

Or should we target Ristolainen (with extension) instead since our RDs are aging? Bringing in Ristolainen would could give a little break to Weber.

Lindholm - Weber
Edmundson - Petry
Chariot - Kulak

Romanov extra

I would prefer we give a regular spot to Romanov next year. I hope Seattle takes Chariot. We need to make space on the cap.

Ristolainen has been one of the worst D-men in the NHL for the last 4-5 years. Even if you think he might look better outside of Buffalo, you don't target him. You trade him in a one for one trade if that's the only way to give Drouin a fresh start.

1000eeer

Jan 28, 2020
Quebec city
Ristolainen has been one of the worst D-men in the NHL for the last 4-5 years. Even if you think he might look better outside of Buffalo, you don't target him. You trade him in a one for one trade if that's the only way to give Drouin a fresh start.

What about Drouin (Cap dump) + Poehling + Harris + 1 round pick 2021 <-> Dumba

Captain Mountain

Jun 6, 2010
What about Drouin (Cap dump) + Poehling + Harris + 1 round pick 2021 <-> Dumba

Dumba isn't quite what Montreal needs and the only reason Minny wants to move him is the expansion draft.

Its way too early for all of this kind of stuff, but if Montreal's giving up a major package, they need to target elite talent.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
We can make the cap space if he actually w as nt to come here. Not resigning Tatar gets us half way there. Giving a team a pick to take Drouin the other half.
Not even close, 12m cap before signing Armia, Lekhonen, Danault, KK. Assume you can ship Drouin / he stays on LTIR : 17.5m, 9m for KK, Armia, Lekhonen, Danault should cost 5m at least, so 3.5m cap space is not nearly enough to sign Landeskog. Also in one year, Suzuki is due a raise, Caufield in 2 years. A team will be able to pay 8m for Landeskog, that won't be the Habs

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Not even close, 12m cap before signing Armia, Lekhonen, Danault, KK. Assume you can ship Drouin / he stays on LTIR : 17.5m, 9m for KK, Armia, Lekhonen, Danault should cost 5m at least, so 3.5m cap space is not nearly enough to sign Landeskog. Also in one year, Suzuki is due a raise, Caufield in 2 years. A team will be able to pay 8m for Landeskog, that won't be the Habs

Yeah if we get Landeskog we can't keep everyone. Best would be to move Byron, but maybe we also have to sacrifice a Lehkonen or Armia, or two of those 3 - or a Josh Anderson. If you can get a Landeskog, you sacrifice the depth players you need to move to make it happen.

But anyways, Landeskog will be back in Colorado.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
Yeah if we get Landeskog we can't keep everyone. Best would be to move Byron, but maybe we also have to sacrifice a Lehkonen or Armia, or two of those 3 - or a Josh Anderson. If you can get a Landeskog, you sacrifice the depth players you need to move to make it happen.

But anyways, Landeskog will be back in Colorado.
Landeskog is a Powerforward, I'd be fine with trading Anderson, but once again, don't think it is wise to overpay for Landeskog. There are two reasons he has not resigned : he has a pinky swear agreement to resign post draft or his agent believes he could get a lot more via FA than in Colorado

1000eeer

Jan 28, 2020
Quebec city
What kind of player Hampus Lindholm is? From the stats alone, he doesn't look like an offensive dynamo..

I haven't seen him play in a while.

Thanks

1000eeer

Jan 28, 2020
Quebec city
At this point, the best we can get for Drouin is Nolan Patrick.. And hope his career can pan out in MTL

He's probably a bust but we need the cap space.

Captain Mountain

Jun 6, 2010
I would worry about this too. Downstream of that surgery, he could be a hit away from retirement.

I don't care.

For one, NHL teams are very risk adverse with treatments. Edmonton for one was very against McDavid's treatment, but that worked out well for him. For another, the Habs aren't likely to rebuild anytime soon and they need elite talent. Eichel is in his prime years and if/when healthy is truly elite.

You walk away if the price is too exorbitant, but you better be willing to make an attractive offer compared to the field. Opportunities like this come around once a decade.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Not sure about you guys, but Poehling had a really good season and personally I woudn't be ready to give him away just yet! I like his chances at the bottom 6 for next season
Drouin is one that needs to be shopped and traded, we don't need him and the proof is there

Reactions: Andrewcoursol

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Hopefully Bruins get eliminated and Hall feels okay to come to Canada, feel like his speed/creativity would be very good fit to KK/Anderson or Suzuki/Caufield. Don't see Habs being able to keep Armia/Tatar, rather have Evans than Staal. Perry/Danault hopefully re-sign at good contracts. Drouin on LTIR:
Hall - Suzuki - Caufield
Toffoli - Kotkaniemi - Anderson
Lehkonen - Danault - Gallagher
Byron/Poehling - Evans/Poehling - Perry

If Seattle doesn't take Chiarot, they should definitely go after a offensive top 4 RD via trade/UFA. Too bad Hamilton too expensive and Barrie too small/likely looking for big contract. Let Romanov/Weber be a pairing all season:
Edmundson - Petry
Chiarot - RD
Romanov - Weber

Next season, Kotkaniemi/Suzuki/Caufield/Romanov need to be given every chance to take their game to next level.

Last edited:

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
wonder if the Kings would have interest in Drouin...

they have the need, and JD would be in a great position to succeed lining up next to the best C he's played with in Kopitar, and in the relative obscurity of sunny socal hockey.

Lemieux & 2x 2nd? or Lemieux, 2nd & 3rd?

NewEraGM

Jun 19, 2010
I think is the ideal year to use our 1st round pick as trade bait either in a straight up trade with other players/picks or in an offer sheet. I’d ideally target a LD. A few reasons why using that puck now in a trade makes sense: 1) it will be a low pick (28-32) and 2) lack of scouting makes everything a bit of guess, at least more than usual at that spot of the draft.
Imagine this hypothetical scenario, offer sheet Rasmus Dahlin 7 years at 8.5 which I think is two 1sts, a 2nd and a 3rd. He is not worth 8.5M now and to be quite honest it’s not sure he will be worth that ever in Buffalo. Maybe a change in scenery does him wonders and he returns to what he was supposed to be and at 8.5M that’s a steal and it fills a huge need on the left side.

we wouldn’t need to clear that much. Tatar leaving opens up 4.5M right there. Seattle will be taking someone so that clears a little bit . As for Drouin, maybe Seattle takes him but I think there should be a way to move that money. Either way I don’t think it’s impossible to clear 8.5

Dahlin - Weber
Edmundson - Petry
Chiarot - Romanov

maybe one of eddy or Ben gets taken by Seattle but certainly that gives us a big puck moving defensemen who can skate.

I think Buffalo matches but with them drafting Owen power, they get a #1 D and a bunch of picks from the OS. I think they would think about it because I don’t think Dahlin is worth that it Buffalo but I think he can get that elsewhere

1000eeer

Jan 28, 2020
Quebec city
Drouin for Zacha?
Drouin for Tolvanen+?
Drouin for Debrusk (won't happen lol)?
Drouin+ for Hanifin?
Drouin ++ for Ristolainen?
Drouin for Crouse +?

Nothing sexy here but I'm trying to find under achiever prospects...

Last edited:

DiglettDangles

Feb 15, 2020
Montreal
I think is the ideal year to use our 1st round pick as trade bait either in a straight up trade with other players/picks or in an offer sheet. I’d ideally target a LD. A few reasons why using that puck now in a trade makes sense: 1) it will be a low pick (28-32) and 2) lack of scouting makes everything a bit of guess, at least more than usual at that spot of the draft.
Imagine this hypothetical scenario, offer sheet Rasmus Dahlin 7 years at 8.5 which I think is two 1sts, a 2nd and a 3rd. He is not worth 8.5M now and to be quite honest it’s not sure he will be worth that ever in Buffalo. Maybe a change in scenery does him wonders and he returns to what he was supposed to be and at 8.5M that’s a steal and it fills a huge need on the left side.

we wouldn’t need to clear that much. Tatar leaving opens up 4.5M right there. Seattle will be taking someone so that clears a little bit . As for Drouin, maybe Seattle takes him but I think there should be a way to move that money. Either way I don’t think it’s impossible to clear 8.5

Dahlin - Weber
Edmundson - Petry
Chiarot - Romanov

maybe one of eddy or Ben gets taken by Seattle but certainly that gives us a big puck moving defensemen who can skate.

I think Buffalo matches but with them drafting Owen power, they get a #1 D and a bunch of picks from the OS. I think they would think about it because I don’t think Dahlin is worth that it Buffalo but I think he can get that elsewhere

1. An offer sheet now would use 2022 and 2023 picks.
2. We need Tatar's cap space to be able to pay the kids in the next 2 years.

Reactions: Andrewcoursol

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
What kind of player Hampus Lindholm is? From the stats alone, he doesn't look like an offensive dynamo..

I haven't seen him play in a while.

Thanks

I'd say he's comparable to what Hamrlik was for us, but he's a better skater than Hamrlik was. Very solid defensively while also being able to put up around 30 points a year.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
wonder if the Kings would have interest in Drouin...

they have the need, and JD would be in a great position to succeed lining up next to the best C he's played with in Kopitar, and in the relative obscurity of sunny socal hockey.

Lemieux & 2x 2nd? or Lemieux, 2nd & 3rd?
Lemieux is a fourth liner. Drouin can produce 50 pts. I rather like to keep drouin in that case

Reactions: Sterling Archer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad